Rehit?

Guest (no name)

Anyone can post tuk after tuk of bani.

Not even ONE of them says Gurbani and naam are the same thing. The fact that they have different names is proof enough that they are two different things.

ਜਨੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਬੋਲੇ ਗੁਣ ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਸਮਾਇਆ ॥੪॥੫॥

If bani and naam are the same thing, then what sense does the above tuk you posted make?

How about ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਰਤੀ ਜਗ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਇਸੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਤੇ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਾਇਦਾ ॥੩॥

THROUGH bani, you find naam. If naam and bani are the same thing this tuk makes no sense. When you read bani, you learn about naam and find out that it comes from Satguru and go to get it.

These tuks all make it clear that Gurbani and naam are two different things.

You are blind to spiritual knowledge. That's the problem. The only knowledge you have is very limited book knowledge.

Gurbani has naam vibration immersed in it. When you read bani your naam goes stronger and stronger.

When Gurbani talks about ajapaa jaap and svaas svaas simran, does this mean that the person recites bani with every breath? When over and over bani says to do "har har gur gur" does this also mean to recite bani?

Let me explain to you why you're an unfortunate victim. Kala Afghana is the first so-called scholar to say that naam is gurbani. He started all his theories through the sponsorship of anti-Sikh forces. They know that if they can kill naam from Sikhi, the entire religion is finished. These same forces are putting out a lot of literature which is 90% good but 10% is the poison they are using to kill us. If we deny naam, we've lost the last remaining source of our power. We're finished.

Countless Gursikhs have written through history that naam abhyaas of one word ie. Gurmantar is essential. NO source says Gurbani and naam is the same thing.

You are unwittingly an accomplice in the BIGGEST attack on Sikh principles to date. Those forces will lose, but sadly you'll be one of the biggest losers because I know that your intentions aren't bad. You've just been misled. I honestly right now don't feel angry towards you. I respect how you are standing up for what you think is Gurmat. I really respect that you have a lot of faith in Gurbani. But don't be blind to spirituality. Gurbani and Sikhi has a very strong mystical aspect to it. Naam ie. Gurmantar jaap is something you cannot do without in a spiritual jeevan. Without it, the best you can have is giaan but you won't have satisfaction that Gurmat offers. You will not see God.

No one says don't read bani. Read as much bani as possible. But bani is not naam.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Papi,

If you don't like debates, then no one is compelling you to sit here and read. There is nothing wrong in discussing Gurmat. If you don't like it, don't read. Simple.

you call this a debate rolleyes.gif

Guest s133k_s1kh

grin.gif yaar o last post sigi. bus. hun mai thak gaya inna nu samjha samjha key.

ਹੱਦ ਹੋਗੀ ਯਾਰ, ਫੇਰ ਆਗਿਆ? You spend just as much time on this thread as all the people you are so valiantly trying to stop! :D

oye oye..how did you do that punjabi thing :@ ??

**Finally new page bann gaya <_< you had to scroll down too much on the previous page..

Simran = remembrance.

Kirpal and AKaal are different names but are used for the same entity.

Same thing there.

When you study for exams, do you also go Waheguru Waheguru with your mouth?

How about Bhai Randhir Singh? When he was writing his books, was he jupping Waheguru Waheguru?

If not then, there is no way possible to jupp Waheguru 24/7. Thus no kirtee person can follow this.

Like I said, Guru Nanak Ji also said to naam jupnaa. Show me one place in Gurbani where Guru Nanak Devi Ji used the word Waheguru. If not, then I will accept that your Guru is Bhai Randhir Singh.

So what should I do? Read Bani or do mantar jaap of the word Waheguru? What was the need for all the Gurbani if we are to just Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru? Guru Sahib was wrong? Bhai Randhir Singh was right? He knew more than Guru Ji?

Here is a list of Bhagats long before Guru Nanak Dev Ji's time period.

Bhagat Sheikh Fareed 1173

Bhagat Ramanand 1366

Bhagat Namdev 1270

Bhagat Sadhna 1180

Bhagat Jaidev Early 1100s

Bhagat Trilochan 1267

Bhagat Ravidas 1378

Guest _Bijla Singh_

No, your meanings are wrong. "Waheguru Gurmantar Hai" meaning Waheguru is Gurmantar. Gursikhs who did Naam Jap are respected in Sikh history. Those who reject Naam are excommunicated. Gurbani teaches us to jap naam which is obtained only from Satguru and the only way to get naam is by taking Amrit. If reading Gurbani is the same then there is no need to take Amrit as anyone can get and jap naam without taking Amrit. Many of your points are wrong but I rather not waste my time. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

No, your meanings are wrong. "Waheguru Gurmantar Hai" meaning Waheguru is Gurmantar. Gursikhs who did Naam Jap are respected in Sikh history. Those who reject Naam are excommunicated. Gurbani teaches us to jap naam which is obtained only from Satguru and the only way to get naam is by taking Amrit. If reading Gurbani is the same then there is no need to take Amrit as anyone can get and jap naam without taking Amrit. Many of your points are wrong but I rather not waste my time. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

QUOTE(akjforever @ Nov 8 2006, 01:15 AM)

Video on how the SGPC Maryada was made, and why it has problems. Must watch for the AKJ and Taksaal bashers,

http://gursikhijeevan.com/media/video/files/RehatMarayda.wmv

the Mr.Singh in that video raises some strong points. So is it true that Bhai Kahn Singh Naba, Bhai Vir Singh and other Gursikhs did not attend these meetings? but why would they do that if they was among the founders/prominant figures of the Singh Sabha movement? maybe Khalsa Fauji or Bijla Singh know the answer?