Help Me!

Guest Glasgow Singh

Guest Glasgow Singh

I need some help,

last thurs was involved in a road traffic accident. We examined any damage, and found that there was only a minor scratch to her car, my motorbike was ok.

She agreed to settle it privately, however, she emailed me next day saying that she was suffering from severe back/neck pains, going to GP on monday, and that she was claiming through insurance..

Now the insurance is not a problem, as i contacted my insurance and have informed them of the situation, and that as it is a small scratch i shall pay it myself - and they were happy with that,.

The problem arose when i got a letter from lawyers claiming that she had suffered whiplash, and that she was looking for damages... :D @ Thing is, my bike was wrecked, and if anything ii suffered more from it!

The facts are that we were in slow moving traffic, and that she says she was "shunted forward 3 meters" this is impossible - as she would have hit the car in front of her - and i have a motorbike!! - also she never seemed injured when she jumped out of her car screaming at me. ANother thing - she waited until monday to visit the doctor - she claims he gave her pain killers, and confirmed it is whiplash - no mention of a medical certificate however.

i now emailed her back, telling her that i am happy to cover her insurance costs, but will fight her personal damages claim - as it appears frivoulous, the scratch on her car is very minor, and three meters is simply not true, so i dont see how she could get such severe back/neck pains, and she was so quickly out of her car. I also told her i felt intimidated by her impersonation of a police officer, and reminded her that it is a criminal offence.

Any comments sangat ji? or opinions or help?

the company shes went to are "No Win/No fee" - am i gonna get hammered big time? i dont know too much about the law and stuff, so any help would be apreciated!

Singh,

Were there any other witnesses there?

From your story she sounds like she has made the story up.. See i you can get some legal advice.

But from what you are saying, she does have a few this going against her. She took 4 days to go to the doctor. She tries to impersonate a police officer. Looks like she probably has got a back problem from before and she trying to use that to get some money out of you.

Dont worry! Just do ardas, Guru is Ang Sang!!

Guest Glasgow Singh

no i never had another passenger on my back

i dunno man - if i tell my dad i know hes gna blow up @ me - things aint always easy between us - and this will come just wen things r calm ... remember i just got my bike!

it will not be YOU that pays for her anyway........

whats the problem ?

she cannot sue u. she sues your insurance company

and what u said about the little scratch to her car and nothing to your van

well i'm sure the lawyers will fight about that but it will be funny when u/your lawer wins

on the stupiedty of her claim.........

and your dad is going to be mad ? what will he say if u did not ask his advise ?

he'll be glad u had a crash where no one was hurt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!exp u....

so dont worry...pass on the stupied papers from her to your insurance company....

it will not be YOU that pays for her anyway........

whats the problem ?

she cannot sue u. she sues your insurance company

and what u said about the little scratch to her car and nothing to your van

well i'm sure the lawyers will fight about that but it will be funny when u/your lawer wins

on the stupiedty of her claim.........

and your dad is going to be mad ? what will he say if u did not ask his advise ?

he'll be glad u had a crash where no one was hurt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!exp u....

so dont worry...pass on the stupied papers from her to your insurance company....

good advice above. confirm with your insurance co. that they will be defending the claim for you and paying any legal costs and damages. You probably don't need to be making any admissions to her or agreeing to pay anything. In the meantime, do not contact the other driver. If you continue to do that, there's a chance things get complicated with your insurance company.

Any emails or other correspondence you have from her, you should pass onto your insurer.

to be shunted forward as far as 3 meters seems like kinda big impact to me

if the impact was tat big either ur motocycle or her car shud have some bad dents....a little scratch on her car n nothing on ur motocycle......seems like she's making it up

maybe im juz applying too much physics