Is It Fair?

Guru Sevak

well today i was in chemistry and everyone was cussing a boy he ten went and moved, i went up to him to say sorry so i did he slapped me in the face i once again said calm down he then gave a slap to my dastarr which reslted in it coming apart i dont know what came over me but i went crazy and just starting punching him, i then went ot the classroom to the toilet o sort my dumlla out. then the head of year called us and said i shouldnt have gone out the room i said what was i to do stand there and let my dumalla fall apart. he then gave us both a detention and one of the teachers dealing with this case s a turban wearing sikh himself. i feel bad that i shouldnt have satrted hitting him plus i feel like i have commited a really bad sin and wheguru is angry with me????????? help me sangat ji....

nah i dun think so u did anything wrong

if it was me i wud have batch up tat guy upon he slapping me the first time.....u had the patience n only during the 2nd time when he did it n ur dastaar came off.....u thot him a lesson a lesson

in future tat guy wont play arnd with any1's dastaar

if u still feel guilty do ardaas & also do ardaas for tat guy

bhul chuk maaf

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Your couple knocks should have been enough to know if he is going to mess with you or not. Starting fights that never end is stupid. I used to have like 10 guys try to jump me all the time almost everyday because a girl liked me and standing up to all 10 at once made them all induvidually scared and when they fought me they never won even as a big group and after that they all would do the "he is not worth it" crap, in other words "We will look stupid getting beat up by the guy we were picking on."

If you were being a hoodlum then yeah you did something wrong. If you were defending yourself then that is a different story. Assess the sitch and figure if you should feel "guilty" or not. Only you truely know if it was uncalled for or out of order, other than that you could tell us a onesided story to fit you, so go do some Simran or seva for a while.

People think Sikhs are funny and fun-loving people, and sometimes cross the limit and start messing with our dastaar. Thats when they press the red button. Try the peaceful way first, which is by telling them straight up that its disrespectful. If they still don't listen, you know what to do.

Eh apna ajmaya hoya nuskha aa (This is a personally tested technique).

WJKK

WJKF

I think what you did was right, as Pritam Singh Khalsa said it all depends on the situation. If someone ever touched my dastaar like that I wouldnt be able to let them get away it. Its your besthee that they are doing.

You shouldnt feel bad because its not like you did it on purpose, and your intention was to go over and apologise to him in the first place.

Just remember that we all do things sometimes that in hindsight are not proud of, just learn from them.

WJKK

WJKF

i agree with harwinder84... i wouldn't have even waited for the second time he hit me... once somebody hits you once, that too, for no reason at all, it's time to defend yourself... you did the right thing, and no matter what anybody at your institution says, he hit you twice first before you did anything... and for that reason, you won't get into trouble, don't worry... good thing you knocked some sense into him, man.. a sikhs dastaar is not something to be messed with....

fateh..

well today i was in chemistry and everyone was cussing a boy he ten went and moved, i went up to him to say sorry so i did he slapped me in the face i once again said calm down he then gave a slap to my dastarr which reslted in it coming apart i dont know what came over me but i went crazy and just starting punching him, i then went ot the classroom to the toilet o sort my dumlla out. then the head of year called us and said i shouldnt have gone out the room i said what was i to do stand there and let my dumalla fall apart. he then gave us both a detention and one of the teachers dealing with this case s a turban wearing sikh himself. i feel bad that i shouldnt have satrted hitting him plus i feel like i have commited a really bad sin and wheguru is angry with me????????? help me sangat ji....

Guru Gobind Singh ji said:

When All Other Means have been exhausted it may be justified to draw the sword

You exhausted all the other means, and then drew the sword. You did good. Nothing to be ashamed about. Too bad more Sikhs don't stand up for themselves.