How To Start Doing Nitnem Daily?

LifeIsBeautiful

Hunger doesn't make u greedy. Hunger is a natural call or signal that ur body need something to survive.

Lust is a natural cause of the body which the body craves. Yet we can overcome it with Bani. The same applies to Hunger. Hunger is just your mind telling you to eat, you dont need to. The body can survive 40days average without food. WE need to eat as WE are self willed manmukhs. Maharaj tells us Gursikhs are to eat little, sleep little and talk little. Therefore if you are hungry you can overcome it by reciting naam or reading gurbani.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji did this, and i have read / heard a sakhi of sant ji doing the same, not eating for lengthy periods. A body can be trained not to eat, we just think of food as the only thing which makes the body survive, the body only needs small amounts of food, not alot. Gurbani takes care of the rest.

5-6 hours is ample time to rest at night

Get to sleep by 10:30 - sounds late, but i speak from a realistic point of view.

Try to wake at 4am, make sure you're out of bathroom by 4:30.

The quicker you're out is a bonus.

Simran for 10-15 minutes if its first time.

Do ur Nitnem and no excuse for rushing or not finishing as there is lots of time to do it.

Get some rest afterwards.

If you experience some dodgy dreams, don't worry its all the dirt in the back of your mind being brought forward in the cleansing process. Just open your eyes.

Play keertan when ur resting.

Put ur alarm clock away from you so you get up2 turn the alarm off!it works!!!!

or....YOU could drink loads of water before going to sleep which will make u gt up 2 go 2 the toilet.hehe

gurfateh.

Im not sure if it's true but i've heard that if u drink water before going to sleep it helps u concentrate at Amritvela grin.gif is it true?

I have heard you should wash your hair every SECOND day but not EVERYDAY as it will dry it out. But i was reading one of Bhai Randhir Singh's books and he rights that everyday when we do Ishnaan we should wet our hair as Kesh are apart of our body. He also said that we can wash our hair every second day but wetting it EVERYDAY or cleaning it is essential.