Delhi - A Novel

$ingh $oorma

I was around 13 yrs old during the 84 riots and I can tell you that in the early 80s around 20,000 hindus and 'sikhs who didn't tow the party (read khalistan)' line were killed in Punjab by Sikh extremists funded by Pakistan. They had made themselves clear that they were viciously anti-hindu and that they had bought the Islamic Lepubric of Pakistan's line on Hindus lock, stock & barrel. It was only later that KPS Gill trooped in and turned the atrocity in reverse and with that again a lot of innocent farmers and ordinary people who even remotely seen to be supporting the extremists were killed brutally. Because he was given a free hand by the state to do so. That was reverse brutality.

Indra Gandhi herself was directly responsible for the rise of Sant Bhindranwale, she kept him from being arrested after his men were responsible for killing a cop in the premises of the Golden Temple. She also protected him from getting arrested on a lot of other petty crimes committed by his men in Golden Temple and elsewhere. She thought she could use Sant Bhindranwale as a lever against the Akali Dal and she wanted to embarass the Akali Dal and give them a drubbing at the elections.

And then see what happened !

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mr khuswant singh is allowed to have his own views jsut like people in this forum are allowed their own views

just jaap naaam :TH:

VAHEGUROO VAHEGUROO VAHEGUROO VAHEGUROO VAHEGUROO VAHEGUROO VAHEGUROO VAHEGUROO VAHEGUROO VAHEGUROO VAHEGUROO VAHEGUROO VAHEGUROO VAHEGUROO VAHEGUROO VAHEGUROO

Veera, I agree but its not about VIEWS anymore. This is about our panth's future, all the problems we are facing in the world and how to solve them...

bhai sahib how do you think we can solve these problems?

the obvious one would be we all need to become naam abhyaasi gursikhs

Thats part of it.. but remember waheguru helps those who can help themselves.. so we need to at least try and put our faith in the almighty, we need to force these problems out. forever.

Which led to Indras death and others was ANGER, while a sikhs main and first job is to defeat these five thieves: Lust, Anger, Greed, Attachment, and Pride.

I am very liberal and peace loving, anti war type of guy.. But hearing replies like above makes me think.. It's Stooopid to say such thing. Okay without offending our brother... i wanna ask him few brotherly questions..

If someone comes to your home and makes your life & your family life horrible like real hell.. Would you just sit down and keep urself calm?

Are you saying that satwant singh and beant singh didn't control the five evils before killing the witch? Let me explain this to you.. When one acts or commit something big like assassination in ANGER then naturally later the assassin will come back to his senses and realize that whatever he did was very wrong and acted in anger and will seek or even begging for mercy. But our singhs didn't commit any mistake in fact they knew everything before hand of what gonna become/happen to them. They never ask for mercy (imagine our singhs as Mel Gibson character in braveheart at the end of the movie.) Person who does something in anger do not see or understand what will happen to them in future. Simply your logic behind indras killing in anger doesnt sums up.. hope we dont hear the next thing from you is guru Gobind singh jees army acted in anger against mughals.. they were suppose to defeat the five evils or thieves first.. etc

Regarding the Khushwant singh.. He is top retarted writer in the world not because of his recent work but his views regarding female gender is disgusting in writing. In outlook he looks like a mental patient and please don't tell he is good sikh... no good sikh marries off his child to non-sikh (?)!

Which led to Indras death and others was ANGER, while a sikhs main and first job is to defeat these five thieves: Lust, Anger, Greed, Attachment, and Pride.

I am very liberal and peace loving, anti war type of guy.. But hearing replies like above makes me think.. It's Stooopid to say such thing. Okay without offending our brother... i wanna ask him few brotherly questions..

If someone comes to your home and makes your life & your family life horrible like real hell.. Would you just sit down and keep urself calm?

Are you saying that satwant singh and beant singh didn't control the five evils before killing the witch? Let me explain this to you.. When one acts or commit something big like assassination in ANGER then naturally later the assassin will come back to his senses and realize that whatever he did was very wrong and acted in anger and will seek or even begging for mercy. But our singhs didn't commit any mistake in fact they knew everything before hand of what gonna become/happen to them. They never ask for mercy (imagine our singhs as Mel Gibson character in braveheart at the end of the movie.) Person who does something in anger do not see or understand what will happen to them in future. Simply your logic behind indras killing in anger doesnt sums up.. hope we dont hear the next thing from you is guru Gobind singh jees army acted in anger against mughals.. they were suppose to defeat the five evils or thieves first.. etc

Regarding the Khushwant singh.. He is top retarted writer in the world not because of his recent work but his views regarding female gender is disgusting in writing. In outlook he looks like a mental patient and please don't tell he is good sikh... no good sikh marries off his child to non-sikh (?)!

I won't write anything more, because all i wanted to say i said, But last i would say for this thread is that FUTURE AWAITS & SO AM I... IF WE CAN'T LEARN TODAY THEN WE WILL NEVER. NEVER.

Are you saying that satwant singh and beant singh didn't control the five evils before killing the witch? Let me explain this to you.. When one acts or commit something big like assassination in ANGER then naturally later the assassin will come back to his senses and realize that whatever he did was very wrong and acted in anger and will seek or even begging for mercy. But our singhs didn't commit any mistake in fact they knew everything before hand of what gonna become/happen to them. They never ask for mercy (imagine our singhs as Mel Gibson character in braveheart at the end of the movie.) Person who does something in anger do not see or understand what will happen to them in future. Simply your logic behind indras killing in anger doesnt sums up..

The comparison with Guru Gobind Singh is absolutely incorrect in this case. THOSE PEOPLE WERE ENTRUSTED WITH THE RESPONSIBILITY OF PROTECTING HER PERSON. And they destroyed her trust in them. They DID NOT CARRY OUT THEIR DUTY. Mughals had not entrusted any such faith in the Sikhs.

If they were so intent on taking revenge for what was done to their brothers, they should have resigned from her service. And should have taken their revenge from outside. That would have been MUCH MORE HONORABLE on their part.

Regarding the Khushwant singh.. He is top retarted writer in the world not because of his recent work but his views regarding female gender is disgusting in writing. In outlook he looks like a mental patient and please don't tell he is good sikh... no good sikh marries off his child to non-sikh

This just disproves this claim you have made.

I am very liberal

What is the difference between you and RSS or Taliban or the Paki mullah who can't hear a word against their religions. Everyone claims to be a liberal when it concerns matter regarding others, but turns very ultra-conservative when it comes to matters concerning their own self-interest or religion.

The comparison with Guru Gobind Singh is absolutely incorrect in this case. THOSE PEOPLE WERE ENTRUSTED WITH THE RESPONSIBILITY OF PROTECTING HER PERSON. And they destroyed her trust in them. They DID NOT CARRY OUT THEIR DUTY. Mughals had not entrusted any such faith in the Sikhs.

If they were so intent on taking revenge for what was done to their brothers, they should have resigned from her service. And should have taken their revenge from outside. That would have been MUCH MORE HONORABLE on their part.

'Nice' to see you think that a job should come before Sikhi and justice.

Their actions were honourable because they assasinated a mass murderer and were shaheeds of the panth who thought about the humiliation meeted out to the kaum and acted in HIS will, honourable is something which can't be said about the cynical comments from yourself.

Also if Sikhs had adopted a M. Ghandian philosophy of passiveness, then guess what?

People would be spitting all over us.

In the real world (not some mary poppins fantasy), an 'eye for an eye' is needed in some circs.

Anyways I'm off bhaji,

you carry on thinking and debating about ultra conservative, liberal, extremist labels, your support of Kushwant Singhs view concerning the rise of Sant Jarnail Singh and then see how far it gets you.

Truth is Truth

bhul chuk maaf

Write what you will.....the death of Indira and the destruction of Harmandir Sahib was predestined by Akal Purakh, just as our every breathe is and will continue to be so until our dying day,

Gur Fateh