Struggling With

Guest lost

id rather not say what im addicted to

but i just cant stop

ive tried so hard, but i dont have enough willpower

i know some people in the same situation

but theyre all failing

and im failing wth them

i really question whether im going to get my life back.

it really upsets me i cry sometimes

seeing what im doing to the people around me

my life revolves around this addiction

and it scares me how i lose control

once i start i cant stop

i tell myself ok ill have this much

and then ill stop

but i cant stop

and the vicious cycle continues

sometimes i think

whenever i get that craving

im gonna go do simran

or paath or something, listen to bani

ardaas, anything

but once i get that craving

my purpose is to satisfy it

nothing else comes into my mind.

reading this back i sound like a druggie

im not

i dont take drugs (just to get that str8)

i want out, this is ruining my life

how can i stop?

how can i control these cravings

why do i keep getting them

i have no motivation

no self esteem

no confidence

i dont see the point in getting up in the morning

if anyone can say something to help me

in the slightest, anything at all

then please go ahead

say whatever you want

i deserve it, have a go at me

tell me your disappointed

tell me im pathetic and weak

something to snap me out of this.

thankyou.

at first i thought this was a poem or sumtin. lol

if it aint....im pretty sure everyone has bin thro a addiction, bani curred my adiction, im 100% sure bani cured everyones addiction on here too.

mayb u need to stay around a gud sangat or sumtin, there was sumtin similar like this in the gupt section.

might wanna find it and check it out.

The Struggle with Life.

Well since all this is gupt, you can tell us what it really is, from your post it seems like it's depression and the "craving" to maybe cut or self-harm, as you put it you "do it",this is a action that you perform, this all is relating to the feeling of suicide.

It is a legit feeling to leave quickly and get rid of all the problem around you, and right now there might not be a reason to go on or to see the next day, but you have to hold on a bit longer even though the future may not bring happiness. The key is having hope for better days, you can die before the sun comes out, but if you wait it will come out while you are awake. Hold on for a bit longer for yourself, and especially the people around you, it will be appericiated.

Do simran, It will help you release and receive.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ke Fateh.

Vaheguruji ka khalsa Vahegurujiki fateh

going to ask for ur forgiveness in advance in case i say wrong.... vaheguru... im trying to read between the lines of ur post.... but its proving difficult.... im thinking it may be an alcohol addiction but then im unsure whether that wud come under drugs and since uv already ruled that out... im probably wrong... in which case... forgive me again.... you say 'i know some people in the same situation, but theyre all failing

and im failing wth them' im thinking u need to change ur sangat... eg the people u hang around with... since they're failing and perhaps they're bringing u down with them... try to get into the sanagt of gursikhs.... sangat is so crucial... vaheguru... part of the problem with any kind of addiction is realising and coming to terms with the fact that u have one... whatever it is... and since u have already done that.... uv taken the first big step... vaheguru... is there a Gurdwara near by? if so go see Maharaj... beg them to have mercy on you.. beg them to save you... cry your heart out in front of Maharaj.... make getting darshan of Maharaj ur reason for geting up each day... forgive me if i have said wrong pls pls hang in ther and keep posting so at least ur cyber sangat can be ther for u ji....pls pls forgive me for my flaws and shortcomings...

dust of ur sweet sweet charan

Vaheguruji ka khalsa vahegrurji ki fateh

Vaheguru…1st of all I think we should quit trying to guess the addiction because obviously lost ji does not wish for us to know

Besides an addiction is an addiction so I reckon the same ground rules would apply maybe?

Anyways….my 2 pence worth…

1st of all like the above poster has said, you’re admitting to this addiction – well done, that’s exactly the right step to be taking :D

2ndly have you thought of seeking “professional” help in the guidance of councillors? I can understand that this can be daunting and in worst case scenarios can make things a lot more difficult, but the option is there for you, why not give it a try?

3rdly – attitude!! “tell me your disappointed tell me im pathetic and weak” no.gif

vaheguruuuu jio this is so not the attitude to have, this plays a huuuuge role in things like your self esteem, motivation, self confidence etc

Think – are those the words Guru Ji would use to talk to you? When the 40 Mukhte 1st left Guru ji did He say “I am disappointed and that you’re all pathetic and weak”? Vaheguru pray.gif

Remember man tu jot saroop hai apna mool pechaan

O my mind, you are the embodiment of the Divine Light - recognize your own origin.

I recommend though you read the whole shabad which can be found here http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=1648

See I think a lot of the times we forget that, remember you contain the Light of God, you came form Him, He made you!! He keeps you, He looks after you!

And yeah sometimes stuff in “life” is hard, darn, course it’s going to be hard, but that’s the whole point right? Whenever you are overcome by this addiction, and it’s eating at you, and it want to control you, and it wants you to succumb to it, and it wants you to become it’s slave, just stop and think, and look within you, this is a battle, it may not involve standing in the middle of a physical battle field armoured head to toe, but it’s the battlefield of the mind and this enemy wants to win but you’re not going to let it because you have been given the spiritual armour of Naam and Gurbani to help you conquer. The battle may take more than one day, but if you can make the effort then my friend you can conquer and you will be the one in control and in turn this enemy will bow to you.

4thly like said above do regular Sangat, attempt to do more seva, recite more Gurbani, keep yourself away from places/things which will evoke this addiction to strike, listen to more Gurbani Kirtan and Katha, if you need links to websites or whatever else please ask us

And lastly we are not disappointed in you nor do we think you’re pathetic and weak for you are a creation of Akaal Purkh and your purpose is to surrender and merge back into Him and not to the wickedness of maya in whatever shape or form it may attack you.

Do Ardaas and Gur Kirpa He will guide you! pray.gif

God bless you on your journey

Apologies for none of the above being of any use

iblwvlu ]

bilaaval ||

Bilaaval:

igRhu qij bn KMf jweIAY cuin KweIAY kMdw ]

grihu thaj ban kha(n)dd jaaeeai chun khaaeeai ka(n)dhaa ||

Abandoning his household, he may go to the forest, and live by eating roots;

Ajhu ibkwr n CofeI pwpI mnu mMdw ]1]

ajahu bikaar n shhoddee paapee man ma(n)dhaa ||1||

but even so, his sinful, evil mind does not renounce corruption. ||1||

ikau CUtau kYsy qrau Bvjl iniD BwrI ]

kio shhootto kaisae tharo bhavajal nidhh bhaaree ||

How can anyone be saved? How can anyone cross over the terrifying world-ocean?

rwKu rwKu myry bITulw jnu srin qum@wrI ]1] rhwau ]

raakh raakh maerae beet(h)ulaa jan saran thumhaaree ||1|| rehaao ||

Save me, save me, O my Lord! Your humble servant seeks Your Sanctuary. ||1||Pause||

ibKY ibKY kI bwsnw qjIA nh jweI ]

bikhai bikhai kee baasanaa thajeea neh jaaee ||

I cannot escape my desire for sin and corruption.

Aink jqn kir rwKIAY iPir iPir lptweI ]2]

anik jathan kar raakheeai fir fir lapattaaee ||2||

I make all sorts of efforts to hold back from this desire, but it clings to me, again and again. ||2||

jrw jIvn jobnu gieAw ikCu kIAw n nIkw ]

jaraa jeevan joban gaeiaa kishh keeaa n neekaa ||

Youth and old age - my entire life has passed, but I haven't done any good.

iehu jIArw inrmolko kaufI lig mIkw ]3]

eihu jeearaa niramolako kouddee lag meekaa ||3||

This priceless soul has been treated as if if were worth no more than a shell. ||3||

khu kbIr myry mwDvw qU srb ibAwpI ]

kahu kabeer maerae maadhhavaa thoo sarab biaapee ||

Says Kabeer, O my Lord, You are contained in all.

qum smsir nwhI dieAwlu moih smsir pwpI ]4]3]

thum samasar naahee dhaeiaal mohi samasar paapee ||4||3||

There is none as merciful as You are, and none as sinful as I am. ||4||3||

=========================

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

rwgu dyvgMDwrI mhlw 9 ]

raag dhaevaga(n)dhhaaree mehalaa 9 ||

Raag Dayv-Gandhaaree, Ninth Mehla:

Xh mnu nYk n kihE krY ]

yeh man naik n kehiou karai ||

This mind does not follow my advice one tiny bit.

sIK isKwie rihE ApnI sI durmiq qy n trY ]1] rhwau ]

seekh sikhaae rehiou apanee see dhuramath thae n ttarai ||1|| rehaao ||

I am so tired of giving it instructions - it will not refrain from its evil-mindedness. ||1||Pause||

mid mwieAw kY BieE bwvro hir jsu nih aucrY ]

madh maaeiaa kai bhaeiou baa//o har jas nehi oucharai ||

It has gone insane with the intoxication of Maya; it does not chant the Lord's Praise.

kir prpMcu jgq kau fhkY Apno audru BrY ]1]

kar parapa(n)ch jagath ko ddehakai apano oudhar bharai ||1||

Practicing deception, it tries to cheat the world, and so it fills its belly. ||1||

suAwn pUC ijau hoie n sUDo kihE n kwn DrY ]

suaan pooshh jio hoe n soodhho kehiou n kaan dhharai ||

Like a dog's tail, it cannot be straightened; it will not listen to what I tell it.

khu nwnk Bju rwm nwm inq jw qy kwju srY ]2]1]

kahu naanak bhaj raam naam nith jaa thae kaaj sarai ||2||1||

Says Nanak, vibrate forever the Name of the Lord, and all your affairs shall be adjusted. ||2||1||

bhajji ... get yourself i big poster of any relegious figure u respect the most .... or any of 11 gurus ... put it in your room .... and always remember its watching you .... that will help .....

2nd have pen ... when ever ur mind forces you towards ur addiction write it big on your arm with that pen that i m not going to loose .... and read it loud with anger a number of time ....eyebros up ....

that will surely boost ur will power try it once ....