Amu - Pre-release Fundraiser / Preview Screening

BCSikhYouth

amu - Pre-Release Fundraiser / Preview Screening

index01.jpg

Pre-Release Fundraiser / Preview Screening

4321amu-right.JPG

Support the Canadian Release of Internationally Acclaimed Film "Amu"

Join the Sikh youth & community of BC to attend two advanced previews for the first time in British Columbia, to support the release costs of this film. The filmmakers anticipate the Canadian release for January 26th, but require the financial support of the Sikh community to reach this goal.

Showing:

Sunday, December 10th

2:00pm - Original in English

4:30pm - In Hindi

At the screening:

Meet the Director -

Special Interactive Q&A Session with Shonali Bose.

Empire Studio 12 Theatres

Guildford Town Centre (click here for map)

15051 101st Ave., Surrey

Tel. (604) 581-1716

Tickets: $50 Each (Donation) - 100% of proceeds will go towards the film's Canadian release costs.

Please purchase your tickets in advance at:

Khalsa School, 6933 124 Street, Surrey, BC

Tel. (604) 591 - 2248

Main Video, 6621 Main Street, Vancouver, BC

Tel. (604) 322 - 8763

Main Video, 9259 120th Street (Scott Road), Delta

Tel. (604) 588 - 4949

LIMITED SEATING -

Tickets may be available at the doors if quantities last;

please purchase in advance to avoid disappointment.

If you require tickets to be dropped off for a group, please contact khalsaq@yahoo.com or sikhyouth@shaw.ca

Sundeep Kaur Dhaliwal

Tel. (604) 908 - 5575

Email: khalsaq@yahoo.com

About the Film:

Amu

Her trip back home turned into the journey of a lifetime…

mainpic.jpg

Amu is the story of Kaju, a twenty-one-year-old Indian American woman who returns to India to visit her family. The film takes a dark turn as Kaju stumbles against secrets and lies from her past. A horrifying genocide that took place twenty years ago turns out to hold the key to her mysterious origins.

How were Kaju's family involved in the killings? What happened and why? Who were the culprits? Who benefited? Will Kaju have the courage to pursue the truth no matter the cost? Will it destroy her relationship with her mother? Will it affect her burgeoning romance? Will it change everything she knows about herself and about India?

6780amu-poster.JPG

Amu

When the past lives in the present…

Learn more at:

www.amuthefilm.com

www.bcsikhyouth.com/amu

its already been released in the uk last year

the film is ok i suppose

it doesn't really have a sikhi storyline to it but it does show the corruption in india and how things still havent changed-the film ends with a news channel talking about the gujrat riots

the film is ok i suppose

it doesn't really have a sikhi storyline to it but it does show the corruption in india and how things still havent changed-the film ends with a news channel talking about the gujrat riots

Where can I get it/watch it?

the film is ok i suppose

Are you serious? Damn, I sent so much money in donations to a radio program who says money is needed to have it showed in Canada. I was thinking it was more on the lines of Sikhi.

Ahh Damn, its' all good, I guess its' for a good cause. rolleyes.gif

Hey Singh, I agree I have been hunting this down forever too. I want too see it!

Are you sure it was released in the UK, I go to the cinema weekly, I have never seen it up...I know it was pretty much banned throughout India..... Would be ncie to watch

BC Sikh Youth - do u have any ideas on DVD releases etc we would love to get our hands on this in the UK and I think many more ppl would too, anyways of finding out.

P.S. I have tried contacting the creators one numerous occassions they cant be bothered to reply (so frustrating)...

ThX :T:

Hey Singh, I agree I have been hunting this down forever too. I want too see it!

Are you sure it was released in the UK, I go to the cinema weekly, I have never seen it up...I know it was pretty much banned throughout India..... Would be ncie to watch

BC Sikh Youth - do u have any ideas on DVD releases etc we would love to get our hands on this in the UK and I think many more ppl would too, anyways of finding out.

P.S. I have tried contacting the creators one numerous occassions they cant be bothered to reply (so frustrating)...

ThX :T:

I asked the creators a while back and they said they couldnt find a UK distributor! The film was only showen once or twice at select Cinemas in London and it was always sold out!