Stupid Website!

Guest Bass Singh

U GUYS REMEMBER WHEN THAT KHANDA WAS ON THAT PIRATE TOY A WHILE BAK,

WELL I WENT TO A TOY STORE (TOYS R US) AND I SAW THAT TOY WITH THE KHANDA ON IT.

I THOUGHT THEY TOOK EM OFF THE SHELVES?????????????????

whats wrong with khanda on a toy? :lol:
This is the toy that manmitchera veerji is talking about....

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.php?showtopic=16270

ok after watching the pics, which i had before buh forgot about :@ i retract my statement. buh i still think it would be nice have the khanda on some "nice" toys

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Where are you getting that quote from?

Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Said it.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji did not say this it was supposedly Bhai Nand lal Ji. This is a massive difference. The president of a sikh society once said it was Guru Hargobind Ji who said this. People need to get their information right before linking any statement to the Gurus.

I am not going to go into the debate but we need to take caution when reading such statements. We need to question their authenticity. I personally believe that it is more than likely that someone from todays generation has made this particular rehatnama up in an effort to try to dissuade sikhs from wearing caps. Think about it, how many sikhs in those days do you think even wore topis instead of dastaars? Majority of them were strong in their sikhi and i doubt the topi issue was a big or even heard of thing. I might be wrong but i don't think i am.

But the main issue is is that none of our Gurus said this and even though it is still important coming (apparently) from one of Guru Ji's poets it is not the same thing so don't link it to the Gurus.

Ps: I myself dislike topis and would choose a turban any day over a topi simply because of the majestic royalty of the turban so there is no bias coming from me. I just always try to be fair and analyse the situation from both sides and this particular rehatnama seemed a bit manufactured and suspicious to me the first time i saw it hence the analysis.

Where are you getting that quote from?

Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Said it.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji did not say this it was supposedly Bhai Nand lal Ji. This is a massive difference. The president of a sikh society once said it was Guru Hargobind Ji who said this. People need to get their information right before linking any statement to the Gurus.

I am not going to go into the debate but we need to take caution when reading such statements. We need to question their authenticity. I personally believe that it is more than likely that someone from todays generation has made this particular rehatnama up in an effort to try to dissuade sikhs from wearing caps. Think about it, how many sikhs in those days do you think even wore topis instead of dastaars? Majority of them were strong in their sikhi and i doubt the topi issue was a big or even heard of thing. I might be wrong but i don't think i am.

But the main issue is is that none of our Gurus said this and even though it is still important coming (apparently) from one of Guru Ji's poets it is not the same thing so don't link it to the Gurus.

Ps: I myself dislike topis and would choose a turban any day over a topi simply because of the majestic royalty of the turban so there is no bias coming from me. I just always try to be fair and analyse the situation from both sides and this particular rehatnama seemed a bit manufactured and suspicious to me the first time i saw it hence the analysis.

Exactly.... d_oh.gif

Thank you for saying this.....I hope these people get this through their heads now. That quote means nothing...

But don't get me wrong though, I am not saying it is right to wear a cap.

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF

very sadened by panjabi link reason beeing is we have been given a dastar 2 wear on our head, our crown yet go ahead wear the stupid topi, its like putting mitti on ya head! its all about dastar!

yeh they r people wearing caps who call themselves sikhs but they aint sikh, 2 be a sikh you have 2 take amrith, which even i am yet 2 do that, i dnt call myself sikh cuz i dont feel right if i aint taken amrith!

VJKK VJKF!

it would be better that before thinking of removing it from caps we should remove khands from the necks of mika jazzyb and all that sharabi singers gang in punjab uk canada .....

singhs have earned respect for khanda after giving there heads in battlefield and its now made a symbol of fashion ....

WJKK WJKF

^^^ yh i agree with what your sayin, maybe this could be the first step towards combatting this problem!!

WJKK WJKF

VJKK VJKF

very sadened by panjabi link reason beeing is we have been given a dastar 2 wear on our head, our crown yet go ahead wear the stupid topi, its like putting mitti on ya head! its all about dastar!

yeh they r people wearing caps who call themselves sikhs but they aint sikh, 2 be a sikh you have 2 take amrith, which even i am yet 2 do that, i dnt call myself sikh cuz i dont feel right if i aint taken amrith!

VJKK VJKF!

LOL

Take it easy there princess, no need to get all emotional about this.

I will continue wearing my topi since I am not Sikh.

On a side note, why are you saying "VJKK VJKF" if you are not a sikh? grin.gif

rolleyes.gif whats next, we will say one can't say waheguru unless they a sikh, or how about can't read gurbani cause not a sikh , can't do sewa cause not a sikh ....... rolleyes.gif

Pure Manmat.... Its pathetic to see how bunch of fools are degrading sikh symbols. The core of this problem is our very own inefficient SGPC. when singers wear big khanda chains and sing songs portraying lifestyle totally opposite to sikhi values, they should have been stopped. Moreover majority of sikhs have became complacent about this. People have totally forgotten the value and significance of these symbols and what they stand for.

I was at a univ. function and there was a bhangra competition... one of the teams had khanda on their dress and let out jaikara "waheguruji ka khalsa, whaeguruji ki fate" after completing their gig. I was shocked.... what are they trying to proove?

I agree with Bass singh that those people need to be contacted and asked politely to remove the particular product.

rolleyes.gif whats next, we will say one can't say waheguru unless they a sikh, or how about can't read gurbani cause not a sikh , can't do sewa cause not a sikh ....... rolleyes.gif

Have you ever heard a thing called sarcasm?
i didnt think you were being sarcastic, i was tho rolleyes.gif