can i go to church

Gupt daasan daas

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a intresting convo with a christian.. some christians believe jesus is god..

so i said no and said he aint

jesus also said if you worship me u will go to heaven or something...

also i had to attend this primary school where we had to sing christian hyms and that was neccessary somehow rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

jesus also said if you worship me u will go to heaven or something...

CAN u provide quote for this :@

Also, I'd like all of u to remember, when talking about Christianity, remember that it has different churches (Catholic church, protestant, Orthodox, etc (over 100 I learned in history class ohmy.gif ) ), thus there are different interpretations of the bible, as some churches believe in the "holy trinity" rolleyes.gif

Also I think its sad Sikhism is turning out Like Christianity, with different churches, different maryadas etc :@ :'(

BHULlA CHUKKA DI KHIMA BAKHSNI

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

"ram rheem, puran kuran, inek kahin matek na manya"

guru gobind singh je

"I do not accept Ganesha as important. I do not meditate on Krishna, neither on Vishnu. I do not hear them and do not recognize them. My love is with the Lotus feet of God. He is my protector, the Supreme Lord. I am dust of his Lotus feet." (Guru Gobind Singh Ji )

( these lines aply to all religions)

bhul chuk ma

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

ram rheem, puran kuran, inek kahin matek na manya,

Simrat, Sastra, vayad subha, bahu Phay-ud Kahayn, hum Aik Na Ja-nayo.

Guru ji is talking about YOU, not himself. He has placed himself in your position. He is saying, Ram has spoken, Puran, Kuran has spoken but you have not manya(accepted) either of them. Simrat, Sastra, have explained it in many different ways but still you still don't understand the one.

Ja-nayo is understood right, if Guru ji is talking about himself, is he saying he hasn't understood the Vayd, Sastra in the second line????

This is the translation that i have understood of those lines. Guru ji is not doing Ninda of either of the books.

Waheguru

"If you have everything at 'home' then why go to your 'neighbor's' house begging for supplies?"

In this statement our home is the Sikh Dharam, our neighbor is, in this situation the Christian faith, why when you have everything you need in the Sikh Dharam go to this neighbor? If it's just curiosity the person should by all means go and compare the differences, but once you believe that your Dharam is the Sikh Dharam then you have no "kum" at your neighbor's place.

Mr §ingh, sorry to say i don't know any christian sites so i can't give you quotes or reference. but take my word according to christians, jesus turned water into wine for people to drink.

I don't believe in Miracles as Sikhism rejects them, however the fact that Jesus told he was God etc, is according to my comprehension not correct....

Some churches believe in the Holy Trinity, u might want to do research on thaty as well :@

"If you have everything at 'home' then why go to your 'neighbor's' house begging for supplies?"

In this statement our home is the Sikh Dharam, our neighbor is, in this situation the Christian faith, why when you have everything you need in the Sikh Dharam go to this neighbor? If it's just curiosity the person should by all means go and compare the differences, but once you believe that your Dharam is the Sikh Dharam then you have no "kum" at your neighbor's place.

I agree, however ar

e U not aloud to respect, Good people from other religions rolleyes.gif , Yes going to Chruch for worshipping (for a Sikh) is wrong, as we have Gurdware, but to learn and respect their stuff, is nothing wrong :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

look

We cannot have eternal life and heaven without God's forgiveness.— In Him [meaning Jesus] we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins - Ephesians 1:7a, NKJV

Turn to Someone: trust Christ only. —If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved - Romans 10:9, NKJV

thats what i read..

http://www.wmbc.net/faith.htm

look

We cannot have eternal life and heaven without God's forgiveness.— In Him [meaning Jesus] we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins - Ephesians 1:7a, NKJV

Turn to Someone: trust Christ only. —If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved - Romans 10:9, NKJV

thats what i read..

http://www.wmbc.net/faith.htm

AS I said previosuly, there are different interpretations...

please ared baout the concept of "holy trinity"

also here is the verse

New International Version of the Bible

http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?p...=on&showxref=on

this is a translation and NOT AN interpretation

the second quote

http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?p...ish&version=NIV

is TOTALY different to ur interpretation :@

remember theres a difference between Interpretations and translations..

translations are more accurate! :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!