Gupt daasan daas

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I study in an American school

thus last yr when we used to have religion

we had Christianity, Islam and judiaism (semetic religions).

We were suppose to have Hinduism as well, but the other ones took too much time :T:

Also living in a Christian country, We mainly studyed about Christianity

really boring, to read about the same thing many times ohmy.gif

Not really an interest

HOWEVER, I do have an interest in reading about religions, and questioning them..

Have found almost all answers in Sikhi ^_^

Almost => I'm still working on it reading, and asking :@

now before replying can u please read the links

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I dont understand u people, going after people who will get you mukhti! Only through satgurus teachings u can get mukhti. Jesus drank wine, and by drinking wine, you caanot gain mukhti. By drinking any alcohal or drugs, etc. Im not saying hate chrisians, respect their beliefs, dont insult them, but if it was a true religion, guru maharaj would not have created sikhi. Pheena, go and join ONE religion. Stay firm in that religion. From what im reading in your posts, it looks like ur in bunch of religions. IN BACHITTER NATAK IT STATES THAT ALL THE PROPHETS WERE BHAGATS AND STUFF, BUT THEY FORFOT VAHEGURU!!!!!!! AND CREATED THEIR OWN PATHS, WHEN THEY WERENT SUPPOSED TO!!! THEN VAHEGURU TOLD SATGURU MAHARAJ TO CREATE SIKHI!!! Sikhi will lead us out of this dark age of kalyug. To learn bout their religion, to obsereve is not wrong, but to practice and participate is(for a sikh of the guru)U can read especially dasam patshahs bani, as it strongly says not to follow other religions, being a sikh.

Jesus and god were not one. hE forgot vaheguru when he created chrisianity, drank wine, etc. JUst like all other prophets, except satguru.

bhul chuk maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

veer,

Who said i w

ant to become a Christian? If you read my post, all i am saying is that it felt good when i was in the Church, is that a wrong thing to do??? Me involed in many Religions, how do you see that? I go to church it makes me a Christian??? I go to a Munder i become a hindu?? I speak of God's appraise in English or Hindi, is that wrong?? Your prespective of what i am involved in is incorrect, as i do nothing but praise god. I don't want to become Christian, i don't want to be hindu, i am very happy with what religion waheguru blessed me with. so lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Secondly he did not create Christianity, it was created 200 years after his death. If the Followers after his Death decided to treat Christ as a God, is that the fault of Christ??? God does not manifest himself into a Mortal Body thru Birth. That much everyone can understand. Then why did Jesus Say he was God.

Does our Guru sahib not say that there is no difference between the Guru and God. In my views Jesus was an Enlightened Master, a Teacher, a Guru.

As for Bachitar natak. i have not read it yet, perhaps when i read it, my views will change.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

okay phena, u read bachitter natak, and then post.

bhul chuk maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

lemme ask u this, who is our guru SGGS or Bachitar Natak??? We should follow which book over what???

So am i wrong for doing what i did and feeling what i did in the Church???

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Dont ever do jaap sahib, tva prasad swiye, chapuiae sahib ever again, as these are from dasam granth also, so is bachiter natak

If you dont agree with bachiter natak, then u dont agree with guru gobind singh je

bhul chuk maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Dont ever do jaap sahib, tva prasad swiye, chapuiae sahib ever again, as these are from dasam granth also, so is bachiter natak

If you dont agree with bachiter natak, then u dont agree with guru gobind singh je

bhul chuk maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Veer ji,

Good point. did not know that those banis are from Dasam Granth.

So do u think i was wrong for doing what i did, and what exactly was my mistake?

Show me where i faultered. I am simpy trying to understand what is obvious to you.

Waheguru

As has been already pointed out, if you have everything at home, why go searching at the neighbour's house? Observing or going for some special function (ie, a seminar) which doesn't involve christian worship is fine, but why go worship there when you can worship in the presence of Guru Granth Saahib Jee? Christianity may have good points, like every other faith, and also bad points. To a sikh, the only true mode of worship is through the path given by Satguru Nanak Dev Jee. Jesus may have been a decent man, perhaps even a saint, but he's obviously not a guru to us and not worthy of worship. Respect perhaps. Church services almost always involve worship of Jesus, so participating in such a service wouldn't be in line with sikhi.

Pheena, you gave your interpretation of the line 'Raam raheem, puraan quraan inek kahin mat, ek na maniyo'. Could you explain how you arrived at your interpretation? As far as I know, I've never heard anyone say that Guru Jee is talking about us in this line. Every interpretation that I've ever seen clearly says that Guru Gobind Singh Jee is talking to Mahakaal (god) about himself. In fact, in this whole Svaiyeeaa and accompanying Dohra, Guru Saahib is addressing god and telling about himself. I'm no expert on Gurbanee Viyakarn, but if you talk to anyone who knows the grammatical rules of gurbanee, they'll tell you the same. Basically, this line is saying that Raam, Mohumad, the purans, the quran have told of their various paths but I don't have faith in any of these.

In the second line, janiyo does not mean understood. Check up any good nitnem steek. It means 'apnaayiaa' or to accept, take

on, follow (as one's own). In this line, Guru Gobind Singh Jee is saying that the simratees, the shasters, the veds (the various holy books of hindu's), all of these tell of various ways to attain god, but I haven't taken on or accepted any of these methods or ways.

Then guru saahib says, "Sri asipaan kirpaa tumree kar, mai na kahiyo, sabh tohi bakhaaniyo" Here, Guru Saahib clearly adresses God as 'Sri Asipaan' and says that it's with your kirpaa that this has happened ('this' referring to the stating of gods praises, or basically, that this banee has come due to your kirpaa), I (Guru Saahib) haven't said anything, you got me to tell all this.

My translating abilities aren't the greatest, so it's best if you find a Steek with this banee in it and read the punjabee translations. But your translations make no sense and are in contradiction to any translation that I've seen. The translations I've given are based on the Choupaee Saahib Steek by Rajinder Singh Leen and Joginder Singh Talwara (part of the nitnem steek by Prof Saahib Singh). If anyone has any other interpretations, please share them and explain how you got them (for example, Khalistani, do you know how the Taksalee Singhs interpret this svayeeaa? I always thought it was similar to what I've said, but I'd like to double check).

To sum up, Guru Saahib didn't accept any other method of worship other than the gurmat way. This doesn't mean that he condemned everyone else or that other methods are completely useless. They may have some use, but don't come close to gurmat. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to fit our politically correct world view, so we try changing it. Guru Granth Saahib even calls hindoos blind and muslims one eyed and also strongly criticizes the yogi path. So how can any of these paths be considered worthy in light of gurmat? We should respect people's right to choose whatever path they want and love them as our fellow human

beings, but don't assume that all paths will take you to god. If they did, what was then the need for Sikhee? Also, a sikh should be firm in their own faith and not be dabbling in others. There is a sakhi in which Guru Saahib (Guru Arjun Dev Jee I believe) advises someone that you can't cross this ocean by trying to ride in two boats at once. Pick one.