Too Much Emphasis On The "holy Book"

Boogeyman

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker

Shri Guru Granth itself is just a book. Within the book is the Shabad. Some Sikhs treat it like an idol. They dress it up, they affer it water, they even give it food. THIS IS WRONG

If anybody disagrees, i dare them to challenge me on this!

Guru Granth Sahib doesn't need to get dressed, doesn't need any water, doesn't need to eat or sleep. Do you know why this is done?

Shri Guru Granth itself is just a book. Within the book is the Shabad. Some Sikhs treat it like an idol. They dress it up, they affer it water, they even give it food. THIS IS WRONG

u know its things like THIS .. that would bring our beloved guru granth saahibs status to 'just a book' and you will end up finding guru ji along side a bible and a quran in a dusty filled library or up for display in some cases we saw in the past ... :lol:

i agree SOME things we get carried out of hand .. but its just showing out of love..

and its remarks like this that elders use to bring our beloved guru ji again to party halls and places where manmat things happen! :<Edited>:

ooo naaaa, tu viiii ohmy.gif

o tera dera band ho jana, naaa kar

lagda, terey darey tey koi khaan vastey kuch lai key ni aya, tey tera bukh naal damaag bund ho gaya rolleyes.gif

Nahin veera - You have to be hoest what i said above is taking it to far. Yes we should bow and treat it with such satkaar. but giving food and water is BIPRAN MAT. sach ja jhoot??

u know its things like THIS .. that would bring our beloved guru granth saahibs status to 'just a book' and you will end up finding guru ji along side a bible and a quran in a dusty filled library or up for display in some cases we saw in the past ... :lol:

i agree SOME things we get carried out of hand .. but its just showing out of love..

and its remarks like this that elders use to bring our beloved guru ji again to party halls and places where manmat things happen! :<Edited>:

Brother i have so much satkaar for Shri Guru Grnath Sahib - But seeing it treated like a human, is wrong. Our only fous is to be joined with Akal Purakh - Not into idolatry

ooo naaaa, tu viiii ohmy.gif

o tera dera band ho jana, naaa kar

lagda, terey darey tey koi khaan vastey kuch lai key ni aya, tey tera bukh naal damaag bund ho gaya rolleyes.gif

Nahin veera - You have to be hoest what i said above is taking it to far. Yes we should bow and treat it with such satkaar. but giving food and water is BIPRAN MAT. sach ja jhoot??

Brother i have so much satkaar for Shri Guru Grnath Sahib - But seeing it treated like a human, is wrong. Our only fous is to be joined with Akal Purakh - Not into idolatry

i somewhat agree what your trying to say but this IS our living guru that guru gobind singh jee declared .. and we MUST treat guru saahib how we may have treated any of our other 10 gurus! If Guru Gobind Singh jee said himself, as our father, we MUST obey.

Agreed that nowadays, more people concentrate more on rituals and that things have to be done like this all the time in a continuous dailt manner.. which i dun agree with .. but rather everything should be done out of love..

We can argue the same thing what your trying to say about the chaur saahib.. its done out of love!

Guest peacemaker

d_oh.gif

who said we feed guru granth sahib. we ask guruji to parvaan the food (in a sense bless it) so it can be given to sangat.

btw, my mom told me this.

someone went upto baba isher singh jee, nanaksar waley and asked the very same question. how can a book eat? baba ji said. ok this is what we'll do. i'll make parshada for guruji, we'll weigh it as is.

i'll do ardaas for parvaangi of parshada. and do kirpan bhet. afterwards we'll weigh it again. if the weight remains the same you can chop off my tongue and if the weight has gone down then i'll chop your tongue off. the person agreed. so it was done and behold the thaal weighed less after kirpa bheta.

just something to keep in mind. there is a reason why guruji is given so much respect. its our guru. not some book. (like quran, bible etc)

who said we feed guru granth sahib. we ask guruji to parvaan the food (in a sense bless it) so it can be given to sangat.

btw, my mom told me this.

someone went upto baba isher singh jee, nanaksar waley and asked the very same question. how can a book eat? baba ji said. ok this is what we'll do. i'll make parshada for guruji, we'll weigh it as is.

i'll do ardaas for parvaangi of parshada. and do kirpan bhet. afterwards we'll weigh it again. if the weight remains the same you can chop off my tongue and if the weight has gone down then i'll chop your tongue off. the person agreed. so it was done and behold the thaal weighed less after kirpa bheta.

just something to keep in mind. there is a reason why guruji is given so much respect. its our guru. not some book. (like quran, bible etc)

Good Post! :TH:

True it's not to be treated like the Bible and Koran . Papi i've seen people with my own eyes giving SGGS food. Not for langar bhog either. - Saying SGGS EATS, it's manmat. in the tiems of the Guru's was SGGS fed? No - It's what makes us different from Hindus and some Christians (who worship Jeus as an idol) WE MUST NOT BE BLINDED BY OUR MANMAT. The Shabad is God and that Shabad does not require food or water!

True it's not to be treated like the Bible and Koran . Papi i've seen people with my own eyes giving SGGS food. Not for langar bhog either. - Saying SGGS EATS, it's manmat. in the tiems of the Guru's was SGGS fed?
i agree, thast manmat, i've yet to see that :lol: guru sahib doesn't "need" anything but love

goivMd Bwau Bgq dw BuKw ]÷]

govi(n)dh bhaao bhagath dhaa bhukhaa ||a||

The Lord needs loving devotion and nothing else.