Too Much Emphasis On The "holy Book"

Boogeyman

The way you've put your question if very offensive, and then you've typed sorry if i offend someone - really is there any point in that after such an inflammatory statement?

well alot of sikhs themshelves just see it as a holy book they have not been taught otherwise and people will continue to consider it a holy book or scriptures until sikhs start to preach why it is not considered just a holy book... instead of just telling them its offensive and disrespectful

maybe some one can put a article about guru granth sahib and why its not just a book ...

but why do some people see it as a living person is my question and some people like akhoza n kumi also would like it if some 1 would shed some light on this matter

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Bani Guru, Guru hai Bani.

I agree that a lot of people treat the "book" as the Guru but pay little attention to the actual Guru, the bani written inside. It reminds me of an argument I had once, where someone was saying that gurbani on a computer can't be taken to be the Guru... this is obviously wrong. Its not the paper, or the binding, or the ink, or the hard cover that makes it a Guru. Its the Gurbani inside.

and Papi, I think you should grow up.

everyone MUST read this.. taken from another similar thread.... this is what a true sikh feels for his guru!

-------------------------------

Like holy fragrant incense,a Voice arises from the pages,words and sentences of SHREE GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE.This is the voice of the primal GURU ,the eternal GURU .Enfolded within the wings of this voice ,fly also ,God's love ,peace ,joy ,and power . And this Voice flies straight into the inner recesses of the human soul to transform it into the enlightened consciousness of a gurmukh ,encountering absolutely no resistance but only total surrender of everything in its path ,as it flies like a mythical albatross into the gurmukh's soul .

And this Voice is Gurbani,the anhad shabad ,the thundering roar ,the sweet life giving melody ,flowing poetically ,melting everything in its path as it leaves a thick trail of Naam vapour,in its journey into the soul .this Voice creates luomonisity ,and a heavenly glow as it begins to slow manifest ,and fill the soul of the gurmukh .

And as GURU NANAK DEV JEE says in Japji Sahib ,this voice in its single utterance ,creates the 'pesao',the cosmic expanse,awash with countless liquid flows . From this Voice ,drip ,drip ,drip ,or drizzzle ,drizzle ,drizzle ,or shower ,shower ,shower ,endless clouds of living giving ,ecstasy producing Amrit nectar arise ,and as they rain down into the soul of the gurmukh ,the gurmukh's entire being gets totally soaked ,in this most magical ,mystical ,rare ,and precious amrit essence .and the gurmukh becomes truly alive and awake .

And thus ,is the sikh ,the gurmukh in total awe ,in total surrender ,in total love ,in total devotion to SHREE GURU GRANTH SAHIB . like a thirsty babiha or chatrik ,the gurmukh awaits for every word of GURBANI ,to drop into his soul to satiate his near death state of thirst . and like a moth ,and bumblebee ,the gurmukh's hovers around crazily in utter excitement around every word of GURBANI. and the gurmukh's consciousness rests so still on every word of GURBANI ,like a yogi sitting for a trillion years in equipoise.

And as GURBANI says ,this is like the eternal romance between the swan ,and ,water .because in this water are pearls that the swan lives for . this is the sassi -pannu,heer-ranjha,laila -majnu, ashki and dosti ,which lasts to the end ,after the end . and hence ,SHREE GURU GOBIND SINGH MAHARAJ,declared SHREE GURU GRANTH SAHIB ,as our ETERNAL GURU .

by: cavanagh, from www.sikhsangat.com

-------------------------------------------------------

DHAN DHANNNN GURU GRANTH SAAHIB JI!!! pray.gif

and my own response to everyone whos questioning guru ji ...

then why did guru arjun dev jee compile all of guru granth saahib jee together and then later guru gobind singh ji giving the tital as our last and final 11th eternal guru for the SIKHS!!?!?!

Guru Granth Saahib ji is full and in living presense as the full compilation that our gurus gave us .. guru ji is in full form and in our presense whenw e goto visit them in our gurdwara or in some of our homes!

dun just see "A" book in front of u .. but see something that our GURU JIS saw.. d_oh.gif

we respect the saroop because we get bani from them. just like guru's body was respected because we got bani from them :TH:

im asking a question and expecting someone to explain the importance of the guru granth sahib and the bani it contains. and your profanity certainly against sikhi is it not.

sikhs should guide other sikhs why not help me understand?

i dont swear guru kirpa naal , i wrote SH I TT A R and it got blocked. so there tongue.gif

and Papi, I think you should grow up.
i like being a bacha :lol:

Thats a very valid point.

You cannot do beadbi of the Nirankar/God/Guru/Bhagat/Sikh no matter how much u try. Nindya/Beadbi can never effect any of them. They all are beyond nindya/beadbi and ustat/praises.

they dont get affected yes. buh the one who does nindya gets affected a lot. i've seen people who did nindya/beadbi of guruji and/or gursikhs, especially the ones who did it knowingly have a real tough time living afterwards.

Guest peacemaker

Sikhs These days put too much emphasis on the phyicall aspect of Guru Granth Sahib Ji rather than the bani itself... we have some that say its a actually living being etc...

what are the sangats views on this ?

Sorry If I've Offended Anyone

Can I get in on this? You mean if you treat Guru Granth Sahib so well, but don't really follow what Guru Granth Sahib is saying, then you are just respecting a book, and doing mindless rituals, and not respecting the gurbani, which is more important than a book, that can get old and disintegrate?

Gurbani will live forever. Is that what you mean?

By the way, Boogeyman, are you comin' to get me now!!!?? no.gif

Shri Guru Granth itself is just a book. Within the book is the Shabad. Some Sikhs treat it like an idol. They dress it up, they affer it water, they even give it food. THIS IS WRONG

If anybody disagrees, i dare them to challenge me on this!