Sampooran Paath : What Is It ?

Guru Sevak

Gurfateh!!

Isn't a Sehaj Paath, breaking bani also in your views?

Gurfateh!!

Do you break the flow of Gurbani by inserting a shabad of your choice after every shabad (as written to flow naturally by Dhan Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Ji Mahraj) .....NO.

With a Sehaj path you read Gurbani at a slower pace and over a longer period so you can understand what Guru Ji is telling us. There are no human decided insertions of Gurbani done as with a sampat path.

The key with a sampat path is that you are inserting Gurbani of your choice after every hymn. How can some mere mortal decide this is better than what Dhan Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Ji Mahraj taught us ? Unless of cause the mortal thinks they are up there with Dhan Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Ji Mahraj. Do these mortals think they know better than Dhan Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Ji Mahraj ?

Rather lame analogy but for those who still do not understand, when you are taught to count by a school teacher you accept everything the teacher tells us as the gospel truth. When counting from 1 to a hundred you do not count 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 then follow by 2,3,4 then 11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20 followed by 2,3,4 and so on until you reach 100. So why break the natural flow of Gurbani by Dhan Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Ji Mahraj ?

For me the teachings of Guru Ji are far superior to anything any teacher or any other mortal could teach you. Obvously some of you think that the truth as written by Dhan Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Ji Mahraj needs alterations during its natural recital as intended by Dhan Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Ji Mahraj by inserting other Gurbani.

In sampat akhand patt sahib, correct me if i m wrong, but shabad is inserted either after visram pauri or after end of the shabad quote. so i dont think it breaks any flow at all.

yes it would be different if shabad is inserted in middle of line of shabad for eg- soraj kiran milli then ikongkar sat naam ..... then jal ka jal hoya raam. i personally dont think any flow is broken if shabad is inserted like this, this is what samparda's do - eg- soraj kiran milli jal ka jaal hoya raam, joti jot rali sampuran thiya raam | after pauri ikongkar satnaam karta purkh nirbhau nirvair akaal morat ajoni saihbhang gurparsad || jap aad sach jugad sach hai bhi sach nanak hosi bhi saach ||

Mr Kurtas and Mr Khalsa Fauji, why do we have to argue over an issue that most likely will never be resolved by the either of you two. I am getting the drift that both of you agree to disagree. Can we look as this issue as something guru ji has chosen for youse to have different views on. If everyone was the same then the creation god made wouldnt be the same, we are all entitled to our own views, can we please just move on im sure both of you do plenty of seva, keertan or some kind of community service for the panth. I am more than sure that one way or the other you bring people closer to sikhi, please drop this petty argument and carry on with your sikhi. Im sure guru ji wouldnt want any of his singh/singhnees arguing in this manner.

Mr Kurtas and Mr Khalsa Fauji, why do we have to argue over an issue that most likely will never be resolved by the either of you two. I am getting the drift that both of you agree to disagree. Can we look as this issue as something guru ji has chosen for youse to have different views on. If everyone was the same then the creation god made wouldnt be the same, we are all entitled to our own views, can we please just move on im sure both of you do plenty of seva, keertan or some kind of community service for the panth. I am more than sure that one way or the other you bring people closer to sikhi, please drop this petty argument and carry on with your sikhi. Im sure guru ji wouldnt want any of his singh/singhnees arguing in this manner.

Mr Bir Ras Ji

Guru Arjan Dev Ji Mahraj settled the issue for most of us when he gave us the Guru Granth Sahib.

Who can be more wiser than Guru Arjan Dev Ji Mahraj ? I will never contest what Guru Ji taught us but will disagree with those who try and make their own mark on the natural flow on the teachings of Guru Ji by adding gurbani after hymns because they want to do what they call a sampat path.

What if tomorrow some clever clogs decides to organise a path where they intercede Gurbani from Guru Ji with the Dasam Granth or Sarbloh Granth.

Please accept the truth as given by Guru Arjan Dev Ji unless you think you know better than Guru Ji !!!

Mr Bir Ras Ji

Guru Arjan Dev Ji Mahraj settled the issue for most of us when he gave us the Guru Granth Sahib.

Who can be more wiser than Guru Arjan Dev Ji Mahraj ? I will never contest what Guru Ji taught us but will disagree with those who try and make their own mark on the natural flow on the teachings of Guru Ji by adding gurbani after hymns because they want to do what they call a sampat path.

What if tomorrow some clever clogs decides to organise a path where they intercede Gurbani from Guru Ji with the Dasam Granth or Sarbloh Granth.

Please accept the truth as given by Guru Arjan Dev Ji unless you think you know better than Guru Ji !!!

Mr Kurtas

I am not disputing that, and never will.

I did not at any point encourage 'own parts'. I am too of the view that the teachings of Guru Arjan Dev Ji shouldnt be edited. All i am saying is must we argue over the net on these issues. Although me and many sikhs agree with your viewpoint. The majority will see this as a big argument against one individual. I think you'll agree that specific individual isnt wanting to listen...whats the point of arguing with them.

I never said at any point i know better than Guru Ji. My knowlede is lower than the distance the sky and earth. I wont post again now as it is obvious you are offended by me merely asking for a truce. Post away.

a sehaj paath can be done lil by lil as much as one can, there is no time restriction on it. and i'm not sure where this time restriction on akhand paath came from. by definition, akhand means continous.

There is no such thing as a sampooran paath. It is probably some thing which was made up by some deraidar sadh baba. what is campooran paat? what makes a paat sampooran? Is there something particular you have to say. it is probabaly some other tactc to put more lines freom dasam granth and add it in just like deraidaars have made sampooran rehraas.

kirpa karee hum pur jagmatta

sampat paat as well was made up by sadh babai.sampat paath only came into play a little while ago. Panth has given no acceptance to samapat paath and never will because it is aginst Gur Maryada.

The only paath which is accepted in the panth is Akhand paat, and Sehaj Paat.

Gurfateh!!

Papi Ji you are right an Akhand Paath doesnt not have to be done within 48 hours. It can take longer.

Mr Bir Ras Ji you are also correct in saying that we are all unique and entitled to our own opinion

Kurtas Ji, again this is an issue we disagree on,and discussed this time last year. i can't say i'm completely correct however, how i have been bought up and the people of met, the Mahapursh i have come across have all left an impression on me. I have drawn my own current conclusion on certain issues and I know you have also.

But i believe Sikhi isn't something you can learn from a text book and its either right or wrong, its all dependant on what He wants us to believe as individuals.

Im not going to say to you a Sampat Paat is 100% Sikhi even though i do believe it is. However i will say to you come to the Gurudwara listen to the Paat experiance the atmosphere.

If it does nothing for you then thats fine but it might also change your views.

All im asking is for you to be a bit more open minded. Our Guru's were perfect, Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj sealed Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj after Sri Raag Mala, yet people fail to even read that and can say that a sampat paat is breaking Gurbani. A sampat paat is about doing more kamai of shabad bani, i see no harm in that.

But again, im not going to criticise your believe, because i am nothing compared to you and have a lot to learn from everyone.

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!