Do 2 Senchi Sahibs Really Make A Saroop Of Sggs?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have highlighted an age old problem of actually understanding what is Guru Granth Sahib Ji in context of Bani and Guru, many simply use the tuk bani guru, gur hai bani, without understanding the context in which this was written, the reality is that even a piece of paper with Bani written on is guru as per the tuk but how many actually rever it as such ??? the other problem lie's within Gurudwara themselves they manage to do more beadbhi then the average gursikh does in a life time, the multiple saroops not being prakashed, the biraad saroops not being looked after, gutkea not being give the proper respect, senchiya sometimes just piled up without rumulla like books etc etc etc... again many who proclaim to be stopping beadhbi conveintently turn a blind eye to gutkea or senchiya being kept at relatives who are not amritdhari, what is the difference ??? the beahdbi is still happening ???

The reality is until there are standard protcols passed on the respect concept there will always be loopholes for those who wish to expose, expose. We really need to understand Gurbani more and more, until then all this is just a band wagon which will properly end up with people starting to remove Bira from gurudwarea where the sangat doesn't have a proper granthi per someone else's marayada !!!

The reality is until there are standard protcols passed on the respect concept there will always be loopholes for those who wish to expose, expose. We really need to understand Gurbani more and more, until then all this is just a band wagon which will properly end up with people starting to remove Bira from gurudwarea where the sangat doesn't have a proper granthi per someone else's marayada !!!

making a bit more sense now! thanks. in reality the center of the hub, the gurdwara committees & the granthis are weak in their maryada and protocol. if they are not promoting the right protocol& maryada then it make everyone else look stupid! when i heard all the radio debates on bbc asia radio about ek niwas, some1 from ek niwas kept on coming back with the same point that they were easily able to buy senchi sahib volumes from soho road and install them in their mandir. they claimed that they did not have sggs saroop in the mandir and the beadbi roko squad claimed that 2 senchi sahib techinically make a saroop and therefore needed to be removed. if it's that easy to place 2 senchi sahibs together and make a saroop of sri guru granth sahib then singhs need to come down hard on the protocol of keeping senchi sahibs! we cant say one thing to one lot of people and do the opposite in our own gurdwaras or houses, like i said u can even buy senchi sahibs from indian music shops.

I hope the R4G protest attendees have learnt to look after Gurbani in their own homes. Only those who practice what they preach will be blessed.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki phateh!!!

y do u keep putting dwn r4g?

i dnt c u actively tryin 2 do sumthin

I hope the R4G protest attendees have learnt to look after Gurbani in their own homes. Only those who practice what they preach will be blessed.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki phateh!!!

y do u keep putting dwn r4g?

i dnt c u actively tryin 2 do sumthin

Panji, to practice what you preach is a positive attribute. There is nothing wrong in reminding people that beadbi can exist in you own home aswell and before you point fingers at others make sure your house is in order. Thats the easiest beadbi we can tackle.

Please lets move away from this lame counter arguement of "what are you doing to stop beadbi" As i said before its time for vichar.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is our Guru from beginning to end...........FROM THE FIRST WORD TO THE LAST.

if 2 Senchia are together the only difference is the extra covers - which is insignificant!

It is still Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

We should still respect them as Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

i completely see what u r saying and it makes sense. however in practice i really doubt the majority of sikhs c this and do treat all the volumes of senchi sahibs as individual pothis just like a gutka sahib. i know most gurdwaras would keep senchi sahibs in cupboards and shelves & even many gursikhs just keep all the volumes of senchi sahibs @ home in cupboards.

now if there needs 2 b sum kind of united front than every1 must practice what they preach out there. if volumes of senchi sahibs are not allowed in mandirs becus they represent a saroop of sri Guru granth sahib, then volumes of senchi sahibs should not be so freely sold in bookshops, music stores, clothes shops, gurdwaras. & they should be treated like u wud treat sri Guru Granth Sahib ji saroop in your house....there shud be no double standards.... is that a right asumption??

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is our Guru from beginning to end...........FROM THE FIRST WORD TO THE LAST.

if 2 Senchia are together the only difference is the extra covers - which is insignificant!

i completely see what u r saying and it makes sense. however in practice i really doubt the majority of sikhs c this and do treat all the volumes of senchi sahibs as individual pothis just like a gutka sahib. i know most gurdwaras would keep senchi sahibs in cupboards and shelves & even many gursikhs just keep all the volumes of senchi sahibs @ home in cupboards.

now if there needs 2 b sum kind of united front than every1 must practice what they preach out there. if volumes of senchi sahibs are not allowed in mandirs becus they represent a saroop of sri Guru granth sahib, then volumes of senchi sahibs should not be so freely sold in bookshops, music stores, clothes shops, gurdwaras. & they should be treated like u wud treat sri Guru Granth Sahib ji saroop in your house....there shud be no double standards.... is that a right asumption??

Fully agree!

Fully agree!

100% this is the right assumption. No protesting will resolve these problems. This is the in built problems of our community and attitudes need to be changed. We need to focus on long term strategies instead of wasting energies on short term individual profile boosting days out.