Do 2 Senchi Sahibs Really Make A Saroop Of Sggs?

It has been accepted that when both parts (i.e. bhag 1 and bhag 2) are placed together i.e on top of each other that they form guru granth sahib ji da saroop. Individually the senchiyaan are used as seperae pothi's and are used to learn santhia from and people also do their nitnem and sometimes sehaj paths from these. When used individually the pothis are treated with the same utmost respect you would use as per a gutka sahib, ie clean rumalle, not touching the floor, your feet, scratching your nose etc, if the senchiye is being used, a respectable level of bashai is done.

However if you place them together then the extra maryada as required for guru granth sahib ji is also neccesary. If you have both senchiyan at home and cannot treat them as guru granth ji saroop, please be careful to keep them sepearte of each other.

When gursikhs are learning santhia and do parchar, they are informed of the above and are told that they are not to keep both senchiyan together. Singhs have also been to places such as DTF and other shops and requested that they observe these basic rules, and if they do wish to provide pothia that they be extremely careful with they way they are handled. These discussions from my understanding have been done with respect from both sides and are progressing.

In addition to this a book has been published in punjab regarding the satkar/respect required for guru granth sahib ji. This book goes through the different requirements. I have not read the book myself as yet but am told that it is very good. As it is in Punjabi, singhs are working on translating this into english so that we can all easily read it.

Certain gurdwara sahibs which singhs are regular sangat at are also having seva done at them. i.e. singhs are trying to ensure that the gutke sahibs and pothia are correctly stored and clean rumalleh etc are being used. This is seva that we can all take part in. Just buying some clean cloth, washing and cutting it and replacing the gutkeh rumalle is not an impossible task to do. We can all do this little bit.

Veechar is good, but only when they produce actions. Veechara without actions is just talking. And talking alone achieves nothing. Despite the efforts of some individuals the efforts being made to educate the sangat (including ourselves) will continue on all fronts. As the sangat is aware, this is not a 'profile boosting' exercise but is a guru granth ssahib ji di mehma boosting exercise. Guru ji has simply given his sangat some seva to do, and only the fortunate get these opportunities. It is by our actions and faith and pyaar that guru ji is pleased, not by mere talking. One who continously talks about doing amritvela but never does it is wasting his breath and achieves nothing .And it is also a positive attribute to encouarge people who love to talk to also bring some actions with their words of wisdom. All talk and no play makes mr singh a guppi.

So please be proactive and do seva wherever you can, the pessimists will always put you down and try and pull the carpet from under your feet. But dont worry about it, the khalsa has been taught to walk on thorns.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been accepted that when both parts (i.e. bhag 1 and bhag 2) are placed together i.e on top of each other that they form guru granth sahib ji da saroop. Individually the senchiyaan are used as seperae pothi's and are used to learn santhia from and people also do their nitnem and sometimes sehaj paths from these. When used individually the pothis are treated with the same utmost respect you would use as per a gutka sahib, ie clean rumalle, not touching the floor, your feet, scratching your nose etc, if the senchiye is being used, a respectable level of bashai is done.

However if you place them together then the extra maryada as required for guru granth sahib ji is also neccesary. If you have both senchiyan at home and cannot treat them as guru granth ji saroop, please be careful to keep them sepearte of each other.

When gursikhs are learning santhia and do parchar, they are informed of the above and are told that they are not to keep both senchiyan together. Singhs have also been to places such as DTF and other shops and requested that they observe these basic rules, and if they do wish to provide pothia that they be extremely careful with they way they are handled. These discussions from my understanding have been done with respect from both sides and are progressing.

In addition to this a book has been published in punjab regarding the satkar/respect required for guru granth sahib ji. This book goes through the different requirements. I have not read the book myself as yet but am told that it is very good. As it is in Punjabi, singhs are working on translating this into english so that we can all easily read it.

Certain gurdwara sahibs which singhs are regular sangat at are also having seva done at them. i.e. singhs are trying to ensure that the gutke sahibs and pothia are correctly stored and clean rumalleh etc are being used. This is seva that we can all take part in. Just buying some clean cloth, washing and cutting it and replacing the gutkeh rumalle is not an impossible task to do. We can all do this little bit.

Veechar is good, but only when they produce actions. Veechara without actions is just talking. And talking alone achieves nothing. Despite the efforts of some individuals the efforts being made to educate the sangat (including ourselves) will continue on all fronts. As the sangat is aware, this is not a 'profile boosting' exercise but is a guru granth ssahib ji di mehma boosting exercise. Guru ji has simply given his sangat some seva to do, and only the fortunate get these opportunities. It is by our actions and faith and pyaar that guru ji is pleased, not by mere talking. One who continously talks about doing amritvela but never does it is wasting his breath and achieves nothing .And it is also a positive attribute to encouarge people who love to talk to also bring some actions with their words of wisdom. All talk and no play makes mr singh a guppi.

So please be proactive and do seva wherever you can, the pessimists will always put you down and try and pull the carpet from under your feet. But dont worry about it, the khalsa has been taught to walk on thorns.

actually a surprisingly good response from "AK-47", . can i assume i am viewed as a pessimist for bring the topic up? lol

what is the difference of keeping senchis sahibs on top of each other or side by side? the bani is still continious (dare i say the content is still equivalent) . i personally think that if u keep all the volumes of senchi sahibs togehter, regardless of one on top of the other or side by side then you still have all the bani in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji's saroop. therefore my interpretation is that those senchi sahibs collectively should be given the same respect as u wud give Sri Guru Granth sahib ji.

the active singhs who are a bit more clued up in handling these situations may really want to take a trip to ABC music centre in southall and speak to them becuz they openly have the senchi sahibs on display and they are in a special case for £150. thanks.

well, vichar made you think about the situation. How do we know if people reading this thread have not gone home and place their senchis in more respect? Not all actions need a press release.

Guest s133k_s1kh

Senchis are not always 2. thy could be 4 or more. How do you plan on doing the parkash and sukhasan in this case ?

Talk to any ChardiKala Singh you'll get the rght answers :D

Senchis are not always 2. thy could be 4 or more. How do you plan on doing the parkash and sukhasan in this case ?

Talk to any ChardiKala Singh you'll get the rght answers :D

I thought I was talking to the chardi kala singhs grin.gif .

I suppose u got a valid point, what happens if the senchi sahibs are more than 2? also just thinkin more and more, if you kept senchi sahibs together and treated them like a saraaop of sri Guru granth sahib, how would you take Hukumnama? Which senchi sahib would u take hukumnama from? I getting a bit confused now :D . Anyone shed some light?

Also it seems strange that u can do a sehaj path from a senchi sahib but still treat the senchi sahib like a pothi. it don't seem right, i thought sehaj path is done from a saroop of sri Guru granth sahib ji.

I disagree with the concept that 2 senchiya put on top of each other can be the same as a Bir, the bir is one jilad, there is only 1 index, etc, only a full bir can be guru granth sahib, though i agree with all the respect points in reference to the senchiya. The question really comes back to how much we respect Gurbani, as some have pointed out that without action we are kind of just galai asiea chungiyea, achiyarea buriya... the utmost respect we can give is to embed the Gurbani in our soul and mind and pray that we continously live our life according to Gurbanis teachings, then we are showing repect to Gurbani.

sum people say that saroops of sri Guru granth sahib ji can be split and made into senchi sahibs. apparently they do this in leicester gurdwara. is that a common practice, cuz i have never heard of that happening b4?

that doesnt sound good......Its a saroop or bodily form, why rip a body in half??? Who are these people in leicester doing this?? What does Akal takht say on this??

What reasons can you have to split a saroop???