Which would you choose?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Best book for a newbie to learn about Sikhi

• History of Sikhs- Khushwant Singh
    • Sikhs- Patwant Singh
    • Lives and Teachings of Sikh Gurus-Harish Dhillon
    • The Sikhs: History, Religion, and Society- W. H. H. McLeod

Khushwant Singh - A not very Good choice

Harish Dhillon - I believe the author is mona, which might contradicts with the teachings of our gurus? I read The Legend of Banda Singh Bahadur by Harish dhillion and is good one.

Harish Dhillon - Christian Missionary - How can he write a book on sikhism? He has bigger motives to confuse ppl.

And.....

Patwant Singh - The only one that i can say is Good Sikh with clear writtings on sikhi

Guest Narinder Singh

Id stick to Patwant Singh's work if you want facts and a basic understanding of Sikh history. You'll find fiction and absurdities in kushwant singhs work as well as mcleod's. I havent heard of Harish Dhillon.

Fateh.

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh

I would definelty say get a hold of in search of the true guru by bhai rama singh ji which someone has alredy mentioned can be gotten from sikhnation.com, and also autobigoraphy of bhai randhir singh ji, which can be read in gurmukhi at this site:http://www.tapoban.org/JAIL_CHHITHIAN.pdf but if u want the english it shud be found at akj samagams.

For free books which u can read online (english and gurmukhi) in pdf format:http://www.akj.org/skins/default/literature.php

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh

the best book is the jeevan of baba harnam singh jee of rampur khera. . its called se kaneya (spelling mstakes). its a puuran gursikh who wasnt part of no jatha and who everyone loved e.g. bhai randheer singh visited him, sant kartar singh ji and sant jarnail singh ji were very close to him.