Save The Built Heritage Of Hazur Sahib

I duno if this has been posted yet or not, i n i couldnt b bothered doin a search cuz im to busy revisin...

Practical steps to save the Built Heritage of Hazur Sahib

http://www.punjabheritage.org/editorials--...azur-sahib.html

In plans frighteningly reminiscent of the Galiara or "beautification" plan around the Durbar Sahib in Amritsar that wiped out all the bungas, birthplaces of the Gurus and ancient buildings in Amritsar a similar plan is being implemented right now around Hazur Sahib, Nanded. These scandalous plan are implemented by the Gurdwara and State board in preparation for the 2008 commemorations of the Guruship of Sri Guru Granth Sahib and therefore a major event is planned in the town of Nanded when hundreds of thousands of pilgrims are expected to come to Sri Hazur Sahib.

The result though is the steady demolition, destruction and vulgarisation of the unique Sikh heritage of the region. The Galiara plan in Hazur Sahib will bulldoze a number of important heritage sites and bury under concrete the sacred space where the tenth Guru once lived, meditated, wrote, ministered and passed away. Behind this deplorable scheme are the Gurdwara Board who are intent on cashing in on the celebrations by constructing massive austere pilgrim hostels at the expense of sensitive and ancient built heritage.

Sadly people on these boards are more concerned about burning hair and bigging up desi canadians than saving our heritage.

I think Amandeep Singh Madra posted this topic several weeks ago but it was ignored.

As a Quam we have ourselves to blame for all this destruction. We let the kar sewa badmash and others get away with destorying our heritage.

Look at the seva on the Harimandir Sahib by the Soho Road wale. To date Bhai Mohinder Singh Ji is still in denial over the bodge up and they refuse to communicate to anyone who questions the bodge up (unless yo are the BBC). I bet if a contracter used dodgy methods to put that fancy new education/community building up they would be issuing writs left right and centre. It is such a shame that whilst over the years they have found time to do numerous other projects, attend the popes funeral, go on tours to Israel/Palestine etc they have failed to account for the poor work THEY did on the Harimandir Sahib. All they have to do is appoint a suitably qualified surveyor to assess the work done but they are too stuck in their ways and busy on tours to face up to their responsibility.

Sadly people on these boards are more concerned about burning hair and bigging up desi canadians than saving our heritage.

I think Amandeep Singh Madra posted this topic several weeks ago but it was ignored.

As a Quam we have ourselves to blame for all this destruction. We let the kar sewa badmash and others get away with destorying our heritage.

Look at the seva on the Harimandir Sahib by the Soho Road wale. To date Bhai Mohinder Singh Ji is still in denial over the bodge up and they refuse to communicate to anyone who questions the bodge up (unless yo are the BBC). I bet if a contracter used dodgy methods to put that fancy new education/community building up they would be issuing writs left right and centre. It is such a shame that whilst over the years they have found time to do numerous other projects, attend the popes funeral, go on tours to Israel/Palestine etc they have failed to account for the poor work THEY did on the Harimandir Sahib. All they have to do is appoint a suitably qualified surveyor to assess the work done but they are too stuck in their ways and busy on tours to face up to their responsibility.

..er.. unfortunatey some people on these boards are more concerned about how bad desi canadians are or critisizing someone else's job rather than doing anything productive themselves.

..er.. unfortunatey some people on these boards are more concerned about how bad desi canadians are or critisizing someone else's job rather than doing anything productive themselves.

You are so right. Thats why I have emailed Soho Road Wale on and off for over a year trying to solicit a reply out of them. They did reply once telling me Bhai Mohinder Singh Ji was in India and that was well over a year ago. Since then I have chased the matter up but no one has bothered to reply. As far as criticising oes I will continue to do so as I have seen first hand how the bodged up sewa by Bhai Mohinder Singh Ji has contributed to damage to the Harimandir Sahib. I have collected evidence to show how the rubber membrane roofing material the brummies selected to use has led to increased damp problems which have manifested in increased damage to the beutiful frescoes.

As for desi canadians they are truly chavtastic people.

Why is this languishing at the bottom of this message board? I am going to write e-mails to the authorities this evening when I get home from work. Respect to the SikhSangat news team for placing it on their news section though. I suggest that everyone do the same.

Guru Fateh

Why is this languishing at the bottom of this message board? I am going to write e-mails to the authorities this evening when I get home from work. Respect to the SikhSangat news team for placing it on their news section though. I suggest that everyone do the same.

Guru Fateh

True, Isn't it a shame this is not a priority on our agenda!

True, Isn't it a shame this is not a priority on our agenda!

It will only take everyone on this message board five minutes to write an e-mail, five minutes out of their time spent chatting about who is better Liverpool or Man U on msn!

Respect to SikhSangat for placing it as a news item. E-mail address is on the news item page here

Remember to use plain English, not txt language.

Guru Fateh