What Is Kaam?

Guest Papi

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

k lets forget about KFI or pointin at each other and discuss what Papi "ji(singh ji) has asked:)

nd for ur info@KFI "papi ji" is being humble...weather he admits it or not..we all know it

so continue with valuable discussion pray.gif

bhul chuk muaff karni!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my question still stands.

What exactly is kaam? jassa veer reminded of something i'd heard a LONG time back. the word kaam comes from kamna, so far its been established that kaam can be of anything, its not just related to lust.

i'm really getting sick of this kaam, and this mind. so i've decided that i should maybe try to understand the real reason behind it and hopefully that will help me take control of my mind.

WHAT IS KAAM?

Kaam to me personally is

1. The desire to get something that is not yours.

2. Being over obsessive about something.

3. Lack of "santushti" (peace, calmness of mind)

As jassa veer said it comes from word Kamna. We as humans tend to desire various materialstic things, sometimes amassing something way beyond the required level. This kamna gives birth to all 5 chors in us. The term kaam is usually related to the urge of procreating for sake of fun and being obsessive about it. My 2 cents.

well i am not really a expert or anythin but way i saw kaam in my life is somethin i wanna share with sangat this time kaam is somethin thts gona attack u anytime and its gona attack at the one of most weakest point in ur spiritual life and that is somethin that can lead you to a total disruption if u really take this thing for granted its gona haunt u night and day jus like a ghost or somethin like tht ......... most of times its desires specially sexual ones but we can only be saved with sharan and kirpa of maharaj ji coz believe me it happened with me so many times

I was just thinking today, kaam is troubling so many, how do we know what kaam really is?? I mean ya we know the obvious "situtations", but just as there is a sooksham(hidden) ego there is also sooksham kaam. anyone care to shed some light on the definition of kaam? afterall, how can one defeat the enemy if we dont know how this enemy behaves and what its strategies are.

Its a very valid question. You are lucky that u want to know kaam....cuz u can only tackle it if u know it. I have seen people fighting with Kaam and they never try to understand it.....so they are messed up from the begining.

Ask yourself when u get entangled into kaam.....that what is kaam and whats its root?....dont satisfy urself with "man made" answers......kaam is an experience ...so u can only feel its root.

dont satisfy urself with an answer because it will kill ur quest.

Remember its not a linear equation.

I was just thinking today, kaam is troubling so many, how do we know what kaam really is?? I mean ya we know the obvious "situtations", but just as there is a sooksham(hidden) ego there is also sooksham kaam. anyone care to shed some light on the definition of kaam? afterall, how can one defeat the enemy if we dont know how this enemy behaves and what its strategies are.

My thinking is that it is an OBSESSION with sex. It is not the normal sex drive that we as humans have been created with. It is something that is abnormal. It is something that clouds your judgement and prevents people from making rational decisions.

so i guess what balwinder veerji is saying is that i shouldn't look for a concrete answer eh :cool: keep searching. is that what you meant by that post? :@

and randip veer, that has already been established. :)

now, do we know the root cause of kaam?