I Dont Know How To Make Friends

Guest moo moo

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just go up to Gursikhs and say Fateh, it works for me :) But what more important - going to keertan for laha or to make friends? I have to admit, i've been lucky in meeting chardhikala Gursikhs at programs but make sure you dont treat keertan programs as a social club!!!!!

Check this salok of Bhagat Kabeer Ji.........

ਕਬੀਰ ਸੂਖੁ ਨ ਏਂਹ ਜੁਗਿ ਕਰਹਿ ਜੁ ਬਹੁਤੈ ਮੀਤ ॥

kabeer sookh na ayNh jug karahi jo bahutai meet

Kabeer, peace does not come in this world by making lots of friends.

ਜੋ ਚਿਤੁ ਰਾਖਹਿ ਏਕ ਸਿਉ ਤੇ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਵਹਿ ਨੀਤ ॥੨੧॥

jo chit raakhahi ayk si-o tay sukh paavahi neet.

Those who keep their consciousness focused on the One Lord shall find eternal peace.

Guest moo moo

thanks for the advice everyone!! :) i don't feel so bad anymore becuz i realised im not the only one out there with this 'problem' :cool: you're right, friends aren't all that important anyways so its not such a bad thing..and yeah it would be great if i did have some great chardi kala sikh friends to chat with at smagams etc but maybe it will come with time..honestly i can't see myself going up to random people and syaing fateh or starting a convo lol..thats too crazy for me ohmy.gif BUT REGARDLESS...thanks for all the help!!! i really appreciate it!!! pray.gif

WJKKWJKF!

Sant Kartar Singh Ji used tell this moving story in his Katha (during those times when man used to talk with nature)

"Once there was a man (a carpentar) in the jungle who came to chop some wood who made friends with a Lion soon they become best friends and used to talk alot

One day the man said to the Lion come home with me and meet my wife and kids the Lion said i dont know about that .... but the man insistes

When they got home he introduced his best friend to his wife (ie the Lion) but his wife was very snobbish she said Who are You?

The lion said i am King of the Jungle The Lion

Hes wife took him into a corner and started chatting

she said What kind of man are you i thought u was decent are you just able to find cats and dogs as friends cant you find a human being like yourself

The Lion over heard this and said to the man i am leaving at once i came as a guest not to be insulted by your wife

but the man said No! your my best friend you cant leave i insist excuse my wife she has a big mouth

The Lion said OKAY ill stay but do me a favour bring your axe over he said Why?

the lion said just do it so the carpentar brought the axe over

The lion said okay smack it on my forehead very hard (so blood comes out)

of course the mans reply was are you crazy your my best friend but the lion said if you dont ill leave upset from your house so he had to do it and blood came pouring out

The Lion said ill return after a couple of days to see you

when the lion came back the carpentar was happy to see his best friend the lion said okay friend look at my forehead

the man said its all gone even the scar!

the lion said the injury which was caused by your axe has totally gone in a couple of weeks

but that Insult your wife made to me! that injury to my heart will never go ill always remember it"

For this reason we should avoid bad mouthing swearing and generally be nice people to each other

Guest _hershi_
Sant Kartar Singh Ji used tell this moving story in his Katha (during those times when man used to talk with nature)

"Once there was a man (a carpentar) in the jungle who came to chop some wood who made friends with a Lion soon they become best friends and used to talk alot

One day the man said to the Lion come home with me and meet my wife and kids the Lion said i dont know about that .... but the man insistes

When they got home he introduced his best friend to his wife (ie the Lion) but his wife was very snobbish she said Who are You?

The lion said i am King of the Jungle The Lion

Hes wife took him into a corner and started chatting

she said What kind of man are you i thought u was decent are you just able to find cats and dogs as friends cant you find a human being like yourself

The Lion over heard this and said to the man i am leaving at once i came as a guest not to be insulted by your wife

but the man said No! your my best friend you cant leave i insist excuse my wife she has a big mouth

The Lion said OKAY ill stay but do me a favour bring your axe over he said Why?

the lion said just do it so the carpentar brought the axe over

The lion said okay smack it on my forehead very hard (so blood comes out)

of course the mans reply was are you crazy your my best friend but the lion said if you dont ill leave upset from your house so he had to do it and blood came pouring out

The Lion said ill return after a couple of days to see you

when the lion came back the carpentar was happy to see his best friend the lion said okay friend look at my forehead

the man said its all gone even the scar!

the lion said the injury which was caused by your axe has totally gone in a couple of weeks

but that Insult your wife made to me! that injury to my heart will never go ill always remember it"

For this reason we should avoid bad mouthing swearing and generally be nice people to each other

Vaheguruuu thanks for sharing!