6th Annual Yudh 07 Gatka Tournament

4givme4mysins

Entry Rules

To enter you must be trained in the Gatka art and be following the basic tenents of the Sikh faith i.e. Keshadhari (progressing towards taking Khalsa baptism) if not already an Amritdhari Sikh.

isnt this a bit unfair grin.gif their judging a book by its cover by only allowing people with dastaars,

is like saying that u can only be religous if u gt a dastaar,the person with the dastaar could luk like a sikh bt not behave like a sikh (not doin paat,simran etc) whereas the mona could be doin paat,simran,sewa and everything bt is stil nt ready to grow their kesh. i personally think it is very wrong of the organisers to discriminate in this way. and i think it will discourage monay from going to sikh events because they mite feel inadeqaute, they mite luk at gatka as a way to meet sikh sangat, and get in to sikhi, (although, u shud becum a saint b4 soldier) gatka is a way 4 ppl to express their sikhi,and get in to sikhi. and when people are discriminating against them because they have gt cut hair will discourage them from sikhi more den anything.

i think its becuz they scared a mona might win lol looks bad on singhs they ment to be great at gatka but loose to a mona lol

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The Yudh Tournament is organised only to promote the Khalsa way of life. It is a platform to show your commitment towards your Guru i.e. testing discipline, ego, pride and anger. We recommend everyone to learn Gatka but only to progress on the path of Sikhism not for any other purpose. Guru Gobind Singh requested his sikhs to always present themselves to him with Long hair and carrying shastars. This is just one example of hukam Sikhs are not following today.

Yudh is organised to show the great legend of Guru Gobind Singh and the martial tradition of the Khalsa Army. To become a true warrior and to enter into Yudh, in order to raise the sword as a minimum you must destroy the kurayta (Cardinal Sins) i.e. Cutting Hair, Eating Meat, Fish Eggs, taking in-toxicants, lustful actions one may be committing.

Please forgive the sevadars if this has offended anyone, please do not let this dishearten you but let this be your drive towards getting closer to YOUR Guru. True Sikhi is learnt from the sadh sangat not from a Gatka Tournament.

Gurfateh Ji

Ek Onkar Satnam

The Yudh Tournament is organised only to promote the Khalsa way of life. It is a platform to show your commitment towards your Guru i.e. testing discipline, ego, pride and anger. We recommend everyone to learn Gatka but only to progress on the path of Sikhism not for any other purpose. Guru Gobind Singh requested his sikhs to always present themselves to him with Long hair and carrying shastars. This is just one example of hukam Sikhs are not following today.

Yudh is organised to show the great legend of Guru Gobind Singh and the martial tradition of the Khalsa Army. To become a true warrior and to enter into Yudh, in order to raise the sword as a minimum you must destroy the kurayta (Cardinal Sins) i.e. Cutting Hair, Eating Meat, Fish Eggs, taking in-toxicants, lustful actions one may be committing.

Please forgive the sevadars if this has offended anyone, please do not let this dishearten you but let this be your drive towards getting closer to YOUR Guru. True Sikhi is learnt from the sadh sangat not from a Gatka Tournament.

Gurfateh Ji

i no plenty of 'singhs' with huge dumalla's, and long beards, they drink,smoke,eat meat,

i also know monay who wake up at amrit vela every morning to do paat,, they dnt drink

2 judge sum1 on their appearance like that is very short sighted,

wat if sum1 that normally trims their darhi,grows it especially for this tournament, and then shaves it d nex day??

and so wat if a mona wins it,it jus shows that he/she is more committed to their trainin.

and i no sikhi is learnt thru sadh sangat, but like i sed, gatka mite b a way for that person to get into sikhi, by meeting fellow singhs n singhni's.

Entry Rules

To enter you must be trained in the Gatka art and be following the basic tenents of the Sikh faith i.e. Keshadhari (progressing towards taking Khalsa baptism) if not already an Amritdhari Sikh.

isnt this a bit unfair grin.gif their judging a book by its cover by only allowing people with dastaars,

is like saying that u can only be religous if u gt a dastaar,the person with the dastaar could luk like a sikh bt not behave like a sikh (not doin paat,simran etc) whereas the mona could be doin paat,simran,sewa and everything bt is stil nt ready to grow their kesh. i personally think it is very wrong of the organisers to discriminate in this way. and i think it will discourage monay from going to sikh events because they mite feel inadeqaute, they mite luk at gatka as a way to meet sikh sangat, and get in to sikhi, (although, u shud becum a saint b4 soldier) gatka is a way 4 ppl to express their sikhi,and get in to sikhi. and when people are discriminating against them because they have gt cut hair will discourage them from sikhi more den anything.

i think its becuz they scared a mona might win lol looks bad on singhs they ment to be great at gatka but loose to a mona lol

i had a feeling this was the case, 2 yrs ago, a mona from my akhara got 2 the final, and he clearly won it, and every1 cud c that he won it, bt the judges kept 'missin' his strikes, and in the end the 'singh' with the trimmed darhi 'won', at the end of it, everybody came over 2 the mona and said to him, we knew u won. o well.

Ek Onkar Satnam

Entry is not judged on appearance it is judged on if you commit CARDINAL SINS. To be accepted into Yudh you need to be practicing a Warrior Saint lifestyle. This rule applies to every Sikh practicing or non-practicing.

REMINDER - ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 10TH FEB 07

Gurfateh Ji

Gurfateh

Penji amankaur.

I have never been paintballing before. But have been told it does hurt, thats only if someone fires from close up. I unfortunately will not be attending as have santhia in the afternoon. (i wud most likely be tired and wont be able to sit). . . If you want to attend please call the numbeer on the poster.

THE GATKA EVENT SHOULD BE GOOD> Hope ULTIMATE PAAPI IS TRAINING HARD and WINS lol

Gurfateh

Just a liitle benti to the organisors of the event. i recall that quite a lot of individuals that attend all the gatka akharas were NON AMRIT DHARI and MONAS a few years back . . . however with guru sahib jees kirpa they are now AAMRIT dhari or preparing to take amrit

NOW IF WE ENT GOING TO GIVE NON AMRIT DHARI/MONAS A CHANCE AND EXCLUDE THEM FROM OUR PROGRAMS THEN HOW WILL THEY CHANGE.

PS i recall that some of the current organisors were MONAS or NON amritdharis a few years back.

PLEASE DONT DISCRIMINATE AS MOST OF US WERE IN THE SAME SITUATION NOT LONG AGO

GURFATEH

Ek Onkar Satnam

Entry is not judged on appearance it is judged on if you commit CARDINAL SINS. To be accepted into Yudh you need to be practicing a Warrior Saint lifestyle. This rule applies to every Sikh practicing or non-practicing.

REMINDER - ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 10TH FEB 07

Gurfateh Ji

and how exactly will u no if they are commiting these sins or not, how do u no that every single person that u accept does paat, doesn eat meat, doesnt drink etc.

the only basis u have for judging someone is if they have kesh. because its not like ur going to do a background chek on every single person to ensure they dnt drink,eat,meat,smoke etc.

Guest gurpreet_singh101

ONLY BRAHMGIANIS CAN REGISTER FOR THE YUDH THEN

MITE ASWEL STAY AT HOME

HOW CAN ONE TELL IF THE PERSON HAS COMMITED CARDNIAL SINS

UNLESS THE PUNJ PYARAE ARE PRESENT AT THE YUDH AND QUESTION THE ALL THE PLAYERS