Amrit : Brings Out The Worst?

Carpe Diem

I hope by title i dont offend anyone.

ive seen a lot of people take amrit around me. People who ive known for a long time. And i dont know, it seems when they take amrit... their vices come into play more? The three main things are that they get more flirty (lustful), more big headed towards non amrit dhaaris and have more anger. The anger thing is normally when it comes to situations which upset the panth so i can kinda understand that to an extent. But the others i dont get at all. Flirting in Gurughars. And looking down upon others. Im confused, i thought receiving amrit makes you lowest of the low... doesnt it? :)

Please discuss maturely and references in Gurbani would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i dont know much bout the rest - BUT ive noticed SOME Singhni'an at my local that look diffrently' at those who aint takin Amrit - so i dont think thats down to takin Amrit - jus down to the person

I know what your saying - but any transition takes place immediately after they have recieved amrit ... :)

i dont know much bout the rest - BUT ive noticed SOME Singhni'an at my local that look diffrently' at those who aint takin Amrit - so i dont think thats down to takin Amrit - jus down to the person

I know what your saying - but any transition takes place immediately after they have recieved amrit ... :)

oh i duno bout that then...

Yes, but your point is arguable... I've never seen anyone change negatively after they've taken amrit, "Like KarKirpaWaheguru" said, it's more about the person's personality... Maybe you've experienced those types of people... But it's not a direct effect of amrit... All the amritdharis that I know are very nice and good people, and the opposite of what you observed, so I think it depends on the person.

I hope by title i dont offend anyone.

ive seen a lot of people take amrit around me. People who ive known for a long time. And i dont know, it seems when they take amrit... their vices come into play more? The three main things are that they get more flirty (lustful), more big headed towards non amrit dhaaris and have more anger. The anger thing is normally when it comes to situations which upset the panth so i can kinda understand that to an extent. But the others i dont get at all. Flirting in Gurughars. And looking down upon others. Im confused, i thought receiving amrit makes you lowest of the low... doesnt it? :)

Please discuss maturely and references in Gurbani would be greatly appreciated.

Amrit doesnt make anyone any better, its a step to becoming a better person, however, I know exactly what you mean, its dependent on a person, and I know someone, who I can just beat the hell out of him, cos he thinks hes the bes after taking amrit! Hes one of those who choses who to serve langar to etc, I say people who havent taken amrit are better than people who have, who really misuse their character, but the ones who have taken amrit and follow A-Z of Guru's Hukam, are the greatest people!

This is true, but it has nothing to do with amrit, it is the indivdual, people these days think once they have taken amrit they "have made it" so to speak which is very dangerous and will harm ones spritual progression. When going to an amrit sanchar the more humble you are when you go to beg for amrit the better We need to go in to amrit sanchars considerig ourshelves the lowest of the low, and not just walking out and thinknig we have taken amrit so we are the guru laadeleh. One can take amrit hundreds of times go pesh hundreds of times but if he keeps no rehat and puts into practise the teachnigs of the Gurus , he/she is still a Manmukh. We shouldt really be bothered about others just focus on oneshelfs spritual path.

If you enrol to a bigger school (Amrit) ofcourse you would be getting harder exams (Vices) Hence you need to work harder (Naam Simran) to graduate (Mukti) :)

SPOT ON! :TH:

alot of people think now that they have taken amrit they dont need to fight the 5 vices as much...............or they just give up thinkign they've taken amrit so doesnt realy matter

post-6863-1170530899.jpg

Guest peacemaker

I'm really getting tired of all the preaching. It drives people away and just makes them want to rebel and shut you out, if only to spite you. Frankly, I think I was more into sikhi before I joined this site, but now...