Importance Of Raag

without_a_name

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wjkk Wjkf

I wanted to ask.

it seems to me that everyone wants to try to live in the way the guru's hundreds of years ago...wear what they wore, eat from the utensils they ate from, eat and drink what they did...

we want to preserve the lareedar saroop of guru granth sahib ji...

we want to try and change as little as possible....

yet.

somehow...raag gets left out of the equation.

Yes its true that what is important is the pyaar in which one sings kirtan..but it all comes down to respect..and simply...if guru sahib wrote the gurugranthsahibji in raag, then why do we find it so difficult to abide by this?

If Raag wasnt important then gurusahib wouldnt have bothered. the akj youth theese days, we want to live how gurusahib did in their times..wear bana, eat from sarabloh, keep lareedar saroop, but when it comes to raag, which is explcitly written in guru granthsahibji, they seem to ignore it. Additionally, even guru sahibs kirtaneea sata and balwand used to sing in raag.

at all the akj and other programes, there are no youths who seem to have made the effort to sing raag, rather, they make an effort to sing other things just to impress sangat.

we say its too hard, we have to learn this and that...but we make this effort for keeping sarabloh and bibek.

I think raag should be sung at rhensbais as much as it can be.what does the sangat think? i know i myself really enjoy the kirtan thats done in rhensbais, maybe the tune and beat i dont know...but if the tune and the beat of kirtan shouldnt matter, then why dont we do raag kirtan? or atleast try?

Wjkk Wjkf

hun tu kithe chala gea aa?

hun de jawab kise gal da ?

bas ehi kam c tera ?

faaltu ch controversy create karna?

akj de magar ta loki eda pai jande aa jide pata ni oh ena da ki patt lende aa

hun je main kuch likh v deva ena loka lai ta oh eda dikheaga *EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED**EDITED*