Des Hoya Pardes

GABRU JAWAN

Guest Narinder Singh

It's a biased film with countless inaccuracies, it ultimately gives blame to the so called "terrorists" for the turmoil in Punjab. It shows that the kharkoos were the main reason why the police carried out fake police encounters, illegal detentions and torture. It also tries really hard not to offend anyone (hindus) rather than showing the truth (not showing the truth is a norm in indian media). And it keeps bringing up the whole hindu sikh ekta issue. Someone should ask these morons who blab on about hindu sikh ekta how many hindus in punjab were killed after operation blue star.

Another inaccuracy is the fact that the main actor (Gurdas Mann) is a monah and his dad his dad drinks, most of the people who went through those hardships during that time were Amritdhari Gursikhs. I'm not denying that other people besides gursikhs felt the wrath of the corrupt police, but majority of them were gursikh, so it would make sense to show a full gursikh family.

Yes the film showed how disgusting the punjabi police is and how people were tortured, but the overall message of the film remains, that the movement was the main reason why police acted so brutally. I would only recommend someone to watch this film if they have knowledge of what really happened during those times, and by knowledge i dont mean some washed up watered down garbage that the "bharateye" wanna spit out.

As for Gurdas Mann, the so called "son of punjab" he's a hypocrite who could careless about the people of punjab, below is a picture of him taking a picture and accepting an award with the super-cop kps gill, hhmmm..making a film about human rights abuses in punjab and accepting an award with the man responsible for it. Thats like Matisyahu taking a picture with Hitler. ohmy.gif

Mann's recent film Waris Shah was a lot better, that i would recommend (but it's probably inaccurate also).

Fateh.

cth3.jpg

It's a biased film with countless inaccuracies, it ultimately gives blame to the so called "terrorists" for the turmoil in Punjab. It shows that the kharkoos were the main reason why the police carried out fake police encounters, illegal detentions and torture. It also tries really hard not to offend anyone (hindus) rather than showing the truth (not showing the truth is a norm in indian media). And it keeps bringing up the whole hindu sikh ekta issue. Someone should ask these morons who blab on about hindu sikh ekta how many hindus in punjab were killed after operation blue star.

Another inaccuracy is the fact that the main actor (Gurdas Mann) is a monah and his dad his dad drinks, most of the people who went through those hardships during that time were Amritdhari Gursikhs. I'm not denying that other people besides gursikhs felt the wrath of the corrupt police, but majority of them were gursikh, so it would make sense to show a full gursikh family.

Yes the film showed how disgusting the punjabi police is and how people were tortured, but the overall message of the film remains, that the movement was the main reason why police acted so brutally. I would only recommend someone to watch this film if they have knowledge of what really happened during those times, and by knowledge i dont mean some washed up watered down garbage that the "bharateye" wanna spit out.

As for Gurdas Mann, the so called "son of punjab" he's a hypocrite who could careless about the people of punjab, below is a picture of him taking a picture and accepting an award with the super-cop kps gill, hhmmm..making a film about human rights abuses in punjab and accepting an award with the man responsible for it. Thats like Matisyahu taking a picture with Hitler. ohmy.gif

Mann's recent film Waris Shah was a lot better, that i would recommend (but it's probably inaccurate also).

Fateh.

cth3.jpg

WJKK WJKF

Hmmm i agree, totally messed movie, dont know y i watched it. All there is, is women without brains dressed like barbie dolls- GET OVA URSELFSSS and did ya see all that abuse to the dastars... actually chucking them on the floor... man i got so worked up during that movie!!

Bhul chuck maaf- just ma opnion

WJKK WJKF