Whats The Point?

gurfateh....

listen i just want to ask the sangat something...

i'm coming of the age to get married...

however i don't want to get married...

because i can't see the point....

there is no desire in me to do so....

people tell me of this companionship business... but i prefer being by myself...

please can someone help me understand the bigger picture of getting married.... cos i really can't see it

plz help... parents are stressing my case....

HELP...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just follow hukam

if mahraj wants you to get married you will, if not, you wont.

mahraj will do whats best for you, see marriage in a postive way. If it is in hukam for you to get married, you get sangat of a gursikh all the time, you both can help each other with your sikhi. and inspire each other to japp naam.

On the other hand if it isnt in hukam for you to get married, maybe mahraj wants you to do seva for the panth....

dont worry about it, japp naam :-)

vahigurooo pray.gif

Vaheguroo Jee Kha Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

Bhai Sahib, there is alot of positives of getting married, one of them is to have children so that Khalsa Fauj will get bigger. Having Children means you can teach them gurmat and maybe they will teach others about Sikhism. Another reason for marriage is basically helping each other with each others reht... stuff like that. if one cant wake up at Amrith vela then the other partner can wake them up and support them. Marriage is more of a boost of encouragement to do more bani and keep in reht as you have got each others support.

However I think before getting married to another person, we should take amrith and get married to Mahraj.

Hope that helps a bit blush.gif

Vaheguroo Jee Kha Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

One of the important aspects of sikhi is balancing religion with a "real life". To most that means having a family, enjoying the company of friends etc. But nowhere is it super important to be alone, and you will miss a lot of support, especially as you start getting older (by that I mean in your 30s and up).

At the end of the day, it really is your choice. Maybe if you feel happy the way you are, just relax and live your life as you do now, but keep your mind open if you meet someone that seems to complete you.

Good luck veero

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Marriage creates a balance in your life, with the male and female polarities. it makes you complete, just as the creator intended. I think it helps to advance you on a spiritual level if you understand the deeper meaning, because marriage isnt simply meant to be a physical thing or legal thing between two people. It is meant to be a spiritual union between two souls. if your match is also a practising sikh, then you will find it much easier to keep rehit and ideally doing nitnem and bani together, and later with your children, teaching them and making them do paath etc will bring you closer to God. Many great saints have got married, and many havent but each have their reasons, ideally we should.

you may not have any feelings about this, but an ardas for help will probably put you at ease, sometimes people can go through a phase at a young age, maybe you should do swas swas simran, with long deep breaths and try and find the answer deep within you, we all have the gift of making the right decision, but generally we do what our mind wants and dont realise that theres the mind, and the soul......

sometimes when i think of marriage i think my sikhi will go down hill.... i'm not sexiest but women got a tendancy to talk too much rubbish.... just constantly entertaining idle chatter...

i got engaged and the girl kept texting me every other second... asking me what i'm doing and other rubbish...

i am a bit anti social and getting married put pressure on me to talk for the sake of talking because other wise wife face gets bent. thinks u ignoring her...

thats all... i believe in getting married will improve rehit if bibi understands that... but bibia think marriage is bollywood and have all these dreams and hopes.... which i dont believe in.

going cinema and stuff... bibi saying stuff like honeymoon... whats that about... and going to restuarant to celebrate anniversary and rubbish... not my idea of marriage...

and i'm talking about amrit dhari bibia here....

gurfateh

sometimes when i talk to these bibia i think i might as well marry a moni bibi...

amrithdhari bibia coming with the same concepts has those bibia...

need to re read lavaan the path... i want i katter bibi. that gonna drag me out of been amrith vela... that gonnna drag me away from the tv and writing on these forums..

plus had too many bad experiences with amrithdhari bibia that it left a bad taste in my mouth...

sometimes when i think of marriage i think my sikhi will go down hill.... i'm not sexiest but women got a tendancy to talk too much rubbish.... just constantly entertaining idle chatter...

i got engaged and the girl kept texting me every other second... asking me what i'm doing and other rubbish...

i am a bit anti social and getting married put pressure on me to talk for the sake of talking because other wise wife face gets bent. thinks u ignoring her...

thats all... i believe in getting married will improve rehit if bibi understands that... but bibia think marriage is bollywood and have all these dreams and hopes.... which i dont believe in.

going cinema and stuff... bibi saying stuff like honeymoon... whats that about... and going to restuarant to celebrate anniversary and rubbish... not my idea of marriage...

and i'm talking about amrit dhari bibia here....

gurfateh

yeh but not all amritdhari bibia are like that, i hope not! its just about finding the right partner, but its sanjog at the end of the day! :TH: