Vaisakhi !

hi there as you know vaisakhi is comming and is the council of sikh Gurudwara's in birmingham hosting a radio station this year as they have done last year

Also is there gonna be any Sikhi related teachings within the handsworth mella this year, as every year its always the same loud music, rides, and food. only a few of the sangat goes into the keertan hall as the rest, just care about rides and showing off the flags while beeping their car horns lol i hope their is sikhi teachings as the young kids need to learn about the sikhi way of life and the true meaning of vaisakhi

forgive me if i have offended anyone

please reply

WJK WJKF

Ban the mela I say, boys and girls go around ''picking'' each other up. - Eh kaam ki faria!!

that is very true and that how these fights start, then lead into big things. thats why we need to teach the true meaning of sikhi to the young kids as they will soon be the next generation and we need to set strong foundations for them, if not then the panth will fall, the mella should not be banned but yet used in a way to teach the kids, e.g. gathka, path, simran etc

what do you guys think ?

mele vich bandarian aaundia ?

Bade bade langoor aunde haan. Banderian taan mele vich koom diyain jidan kute puch magar pachde hunde!

SOG - I've been checking but have no idea what the frequency is, do you know?

hi there as you know vaisakhi is comming and is the council of sikh Gurudwara's in birmingham hosting a radio station this year as they have done last year

Also is there gonna be any Sikhi related teachings within the handsworth mella this year, as every year its always the same loud music, rides, and food. only a few of the sangat goes into the keertan hall as the rest, just care about rides and showing off the flags while beeping their car horns lol i hope their is sikhi teachings as the young kids need to learn about the sikhi way of life and the true meaning of vaisakhi

forgive me if i have offended anyone

please reply

WJK WJKF

This year will be different

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=24560

That's what I hate. In new york mela's are so awesome. Even respectful GORA's come to and get food and talk. One day I was in line and this GORA from the empire state building came and we were talking. He said "Great food, is it a holiday today" I said yes and its called VaiSakhi. He said "whats that" then I sent him to my parents because I myself can not explain what VaiSakhi is.

Can someone give it a chance and explain to me what VaiShaki is? I would love to know. My parents have told me and I love going. But lately it's just a bunch of garbage. Seeing girls and guys picking each other up. Too many Western Sikh's. I myself am a OLDSCHOOL Sikh. I actually go there to be proud of my religion. Not, because I have to with my parents or to pick up girls/guys(most sikh's i've meet use these reason all the time).

We need to show the general sikhi youth what sikh is about before they get the age of 14+ and start going to the Mela as a way of meeting someone.

Also im proud of arrange marriage. It's been done for so long and my whole family obiviously as I am first generation of my family born outside of india. But, as I was saying, arrange marriage has been working out. Although, If I fall in love I can not control that. But, atm im 16 and havent even start or done anything that comply's with dating so im pretty sure arrange marraige is for me. I still have college but anyway thats my point.

--Offtopic--

Anyone, a Sikh, do you date or getting arrange marriage. My opinion is built on the fact that I think we sikh's are "surppose" to get arrange marraige. Although, I do not know what guru ji say's about love and life partner. But, I would like to find out by someone here.

--/Offtopic--

Cheers,

-Sikh.