Hip Hop

WILDSINGH

hip hop is just like bhangra you think of bhangra and automatically you think of biggin up the caste system, women, getting drunk, slaughtering goats etc just like listening to keertan is good for your soul bhangra hip hop etc damages your soul the words are poison

hahaha LOL.gifLOL.gif I agree with the rest but could you please tell me any song that talks of slaughtering goats. LOL.gifLOL.gif

youth these days throw around the word manmat wayyyyy too much :ysad:

first try and understand what manmat means!!! its not a simple as most of us think it is. guru kirpa karey

dont diss the youth lol.

wat does manmat mean?

actaully, lets look at gurmat....following the gurus way, i.e japping naam, keeping amrit vela, reading bani, LISTENING TO KIRTAN.

now lets look at manmat, foolowing the minds way....LISTENING TO MUSIC.

listening to music is deffo not gurmat.

its funny, how uve completely ignored the gurbani tukkhs showing music is wrong.

koina.

gurfateh jee

Guru Sahib didn't eat cakes either. Is eating cakes manmat too ? :):)

As someone stated earlier not everyone is at the same level. If you have stopped listening to hip-hop/Bhangra now don't mean you were always away from it. Good you guys have chaged so will the others with time. Don't try to force your views on people. Look back and see what you guys were a couple of years back and then post here with an open mind.

If our youth stays on this track i am afraid things will just keep getting uglier.

and not all bhangra songs are bad some of them bring you closer to the punjabi culture which sadly some people think is manmat.

satguroo binaa hor kachee hai banee.

Without the True Guru, other songs are false.

banee ta kachee satguroo baajhahu hor kachee banee.

The songs are false without the True Guru; all other songs are false.

kahday kachay sunday kachay kacheeN aakh vakhaanee.

The speakers are false, and the listeners are false; those who speak and recite are false.

har har nit karahi rasnaa kahi-aa kachhoo na jaanee.

They may continually chant, 'Har, Har' with their tongues, but they do not know what they are saying.

chit jin kaa hir la-i-aa maa-i-aa bolan pa-ay ravaanee.

Their consciousness is lured by Maya; they are just reciting mechanically.

kahai naanak satguroo baajhahu hor kachee banee. ||24||

Says Nanak, without the True Guru, other songs are false. ||24||

(Sri Anand Sahib)

****DISCLAIMER... A MESSAGE TO ALL THOSE WHO JUST COPY N PASTE GURBANI, PLEASE DON'T UNLESS YOU HAVE DONE PROPPER VICHAAR OF THE SHABAD DAT IS BEING USED****

the translation in this shabad is nah accurate.. wha Guru Sahib is talkin bout here is nah in regards to 'music'... i's in regards to those 'fake gurus'... in those dayz, there were MANY people dat were 'self-proclaimed' gurus... and were writing their own 'bani' and claiming it as GURU's Bani... so Guru AmarDaas Sahib wrote this shabad in Sri Anand Sahib to tell people dat only the TRUE guru's shabad will help yuh in life, and da ress is jus 'kachi' (fake/false/good fa nuttin).. so i's nah MUSIC dat Guru Sahib is talkin bout... 'banee' is translated as 'music' here.. buh da's nah correct...

Chardi Kalaa!!

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

in re: to da whole topic of hip hop...... hip hop sux now.. it used to be aigh back in da day... now i's custy... good fa nuttin.. same ol nonsense over n over... even da beats aren't da greatest...

n although i DO listen to music, i agree wit wha sum have said above.... yuh hafta be aware of da LYRICS... it DOES make a diff... i listen to mostly concious reggae, which is talkin bout God and livin a riteous life... buh sumtime i listen to dancehall reggae which also has some nonsense lyrics... so i try to minimize dat... i listen mostly for da beats 'cause i like da fast beats...

long story short... music itself is not WRONG.. (not saying its 'right' either).. buh it depends on wha ur listenin to.. n wha ur mind set is behind listenin to dem tunes :)

Chardi Kalaa!!

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

"me too me too. but i end up not hangin around with any singhs, becuz they dont let me have ketchup wid my chips, unless its sarblohi."

HOW DO YOU MAKE KETCHUP SARBLOHI?