Hip Hop

WILDSINGH

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Think of it this way Ji

When you are Listening to random stuff

you are not Thinking of god

You could Be doing Naam Simran In that time

and getting closer To Vaheguru Ji

If you think Rap and other songs are fun to listen to

What about Naam Simran?? When you get into it , It can be really fun

Unusual but great things happen to most people when japping naam properly with all there love

Punjabi_Link Posted Today, 04:00 PM

Besides, why do you Sikhs mix hip-hop beats to some of your religious songs (I am talking about songs made by that Immortal Productions group) ???

And as for Immortal Productions Daas Does not agree with some of that because it is about vilance

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

youth these days throw around the word manmat wayyyyy too much :ysad:

first try and understand what manmat means!!! its not a simple as most of us think it is. guru kirpa karey

dont diss the youth lol.

wat does manmat mean?

actaully, lets look at gurmat....following the gurus way, i.e japping naam, keeping amrit vela, reading bani, LISTENING TO KIRTAN.

now lets look at manmat, foolowing the minds way....LISTENING TO MUSIC.

listening to music is deffo not gurmat.

its funny, how uve completely ignored the gurbani tukkhs showing music is wrong.

koina.

gurfateh jee

Some youth these days are even stricter than our parents and grandparents ever were!

thats a good thing... nowa days the youth know alot more about sikhi and rehat than ther parents. And when the children of the parents say that we shouldnt do some things etc... and we should do this etc... but parents think nah its ok to live how we are as long as we respect sikhi.

as 'maha_moorakh' says , get some gurbani tukhs stating listening to music is ok , adn ill gladly listen to music

the problem comes when we take gurbani literally, thats all i will say.

also, why do you qualify all hip hop as bad, now i dont listen to songs anymore but i do remember some hip hop songs actually talking about life/family etc....

whats next? we will qualify dhadi vaars and kavashiree as "manmat" :sady:

thats all i have to say about this topic.

PS please STOP treating gurbani as a set of rules

guru kirpa karey.

i can post gurbani tuks that say we shouldn't aruge, now lets all look at our own selves, how many of us follow that, myself inclued rolleyes.gif

Guest peacemaker
as 'maha_moorakh' says , get some gurbani tukhs stating listening to music is ok , adn ill gladly listen to music

Don't play stupid, ok? You know they don't exist, but that's not my point. So every action you take in this life has to have a gurbani tukh to back it up? You don't think I've seen your kind before? I have and I choose to stay away from them. Things don't change.

peacemaker Posted Today, 09:51 AM

QUOTE(Techno_singh @ Mar 20 2007, 08:45 AM)

Don't play stupid, ok? You know they don't exist, but that's not my point. So every action you take in this life has to have a gurbani tukh to back it up? You don't think I've seen your kind before? I have and I choose to stay away from them. Things don't change.

errmmm well what is your point then?? we have numerous gurbani which says dont listen to things which take your mind away from vaheguru, and non which say you should ... what point are you trying to make!?

every action needs gurbani to back it up? ermm well when gurbani says NO DONT DO THIS, then what more do you want?

im glad youve seen people who try and live their lives accoridng to gurbani before, thats really good kirpa for you! the fact that you choose to stay away from them is just your mareh karam. and for a 'peacemaker' you aint very peaceful are you! lol

nobody can argue that dhadhi and kaveshri are bad, as long as what they sing is good content! if they teach you about history, guru jis jeevan, singhs jeevans, gurbani, how to be a good human being then its alllll good! if its about how much of a gangster you are and how all the women on your block want to sleep with you .. then its very baaaaddd....

brother you say you dont listen to them anymore... the reason for that is?? is it perhaps because you felt that it wasnt right or maybe because it changed your mindset after u listened to it, or perhaps that you should spend more time listening to kirtan, katha, gurbani ucharan, dhahdi, kaveshar, etc etc, whatever it was for some reason you stopped. as such, if it wasnt good for your jeevan, it probably aint good for the rest of us to listen to bad lyrics either.

its quite simple really ...

Guest peacemaker
im glad youve seen people who try and live their lives accoridng to gurbani before, thats really good kirpa for you! the fact that you choose to stay away from them is just your mareh karam. and for a 'peacemaker' you aint very peaceful are you! lol

Excuse me? See this is what I'm talking. Do you know how rude you sound? I just stay away from people who make me feel like crap because of my shortcomings. I don't care if the guy was a Sant, I can't tolerate people who are rude and try and find your faults all the time.

I've been around the block a few times. I know what you are about. Although your intentions are good, you need to work on how you present your views. It's really that simple.