Young Sikhs Abandon Turban In Favour Of 'bollywood Haircuts'

lsingh

Oh God...you guys will NEVER be pleased with anyone who actually tries to step up and save our identity and culture.

"OH NOES, HE HAS NO DHARI, HE IS TEH EVALL!!!!"

"OH NOES, HE HAS BEEN HOLDING HANDS WIT TEH HINDOOZ"

Like, JESUS CHRIST, even if Navjot Sidhu WAS a HINDU and he went around a wore a pugh for SIKH PRIDE DAY think about how many YOUTH would be like "damn, if he can do it, SO CAN I, he's NOT even a SIKH, and he's PROUD"

And as far as the dhari, even if Navjot Sidhu gets ONE kid to keep a pugh on but still trims his beard, he has done enough, thats where WE COME IN then and educate the kid on sikhi. ALL Sidhu's job is, is to preserve the pugh, the more kids who have pughs, the more POTENTIAL they have to learn about sikhi and keep it.

BABY STEPS.

You guys are scared of ANYTHING. Turn your computers off.

TIN FOIL HATS BACK ON PLEASE.

Firstly, I think that you misunderstood the message I was trying to send.

Navjot Sidhu was (presumably) born in a Sikh family, he wears a turban so he is promoted as being a SIKH through the Indian Media & his party.......therefore he is seen as a "Sikh Sardar" throughout India (he's pretty famous from his cricket days and his is a famous TV Personality)......

Problem is that Sidhu worships Hindu Gods and performs Hindu rituals......something that Sikhs are forbidden to do.......this gives the perception that Sikhs are Hindus throughout the country......not good.....so is he saving the Sikh Identity?.......no he is actually obscuring it......if one of his admirers actually does start to wear a turban.....so what?.....wouldn't this person also want to follow Sidhu and worship Hindu Gods and do rituals?......and then think its okay because Sidhu is doing it.....(haven't you seen the pictures of so called"Turbaned Sikhs" in Delhi performing rituals?).......

This isn't about Sikh Pride Day......its about the misconception that Sidhu puts out and promotes......the Sikh Quam doesn't need some celebrity to restore pride in to the hearts of the youth......the Dastaar is a gift from our Guru.......if people don't feel proud to wear Guru Ji's gift, then thats a shame......teach the youth about their history and traditions, restore pride in their hearts so they will accept the gift of Guru Ji and be on a path of righteous........

Here is saying I thought of:

People tell me

"Cut your hair, shave your beard and you will modern!"

To those people I say

"Fools, I will not through away the gift of my Guru, what is modern today will not be tomorrow!"

Then I ask

"Why would I want to be modern, when I can become Immortal, forever living in the light of my Guru!"

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sikh society in general needs to start promoting keeping Kesh. I have seen many older Sikhs that are clean shaven riducle youngsters who keep their Kesh, many of these people actually sit on Gurdwara Committees! There seems to be complete indifference to keeping Kesh by many Gurdwaras so as not to offend people with haircuts and lose their votes.

Sikh society in general needs to start promoting keeping Kesh. I have seen many older Sikhs that are clean shaven riducle youngsters who keep their Kesh, many of these people actually sit on Gurdwara Committees! There seems to be complete indifference to keeping Kesh by many Gurdwaras so as not to offend people with haircuts and lose their votes.

Ah, you got to love Sikh politics. rolleyes.gif

It should be that only Amritdharees can be on Gurdwara Commitees, since they can set the best example for people to follow..........if people that don't keep their kesh, drink sharaab, and eat meat are on these commitees, then other people start to use it as an excuse and say "why should we keep our hair and denounce meat & alcohol? people running the Gurdwaras are doing it!" How are you supposed to answer back? You say that those people on the commitees are bad and setting a bad example.......and the monay take it offensively.....but its the truth and sometimes the truth hurts alittle.........in this case the truth creates conflict......

It should be that only Amritdharees can be on Gurdwara Commitees, since they can set the best example for people to follow..........if people that don't keep their kesh, drink sharaab, and eat meat are on these commitees, then other people start to use it as an excuse and say "why should we keep our hair and denounce meat & alcohol? people running the Gurdwaras are doing it!" How are you supposed to answer back? You say that those people on the commitees are bad and setting a bad example.......and the monay take it offensively.....but its the truth and sometimes the truth hurts alittle.........in this case the truth creates conflict......

Umm, what is wrong with eating meat? Only brahmin sikhs like AKJ follow that rule.

Umm, what is wrong with eating meat? Only brahmin sikhs like AKJ follow that rule.

You Nihungs keep doing what your doing if it works for ya.....but don't try to start trouble with dimising comments......God's sees everything....Waheguru......and God will have the final word......Waheguru..... pray.gif

You Nihungs keep doing what your doing if it works for ya.......God's sees everything....Right......and God will have the final word...... pray.gif

Nihungs? LOL.gif

Just read the SGPC rehit. They say only religious prepared meat is forbidden.

You Nihungs keep doing what your doing if it works for ya.......God's sees everything....Right......and God will have the final word...... pray.gif

Nihungs? LOL.gif

fine.....how you precieve things will be your reality......whatever floats your boat......I ain't gonna hate........but don't be mixing religions together and don't let anybody else do the same.....Sikhi, is like no other......Waheguru....

Nihungs? LOL.gif

fine.....how you precieve things will be your reality......whatever floats your boat......I ain't gonna hate........but don't mixing religions together.....Sikhi, is like no other......Waheguru....

Fair enough.