Young Sikhs Abandon Turban In Favour Of 'bollywood Haircuts'

lsingh

honestly, from my side I would give Sidhu props for actually promoting himself all over bollywood, especially with a turban on. not everyone can be perfect, especially when you're in the bollywood industry. sidhu with his hindu belives, so what's the big deal? it's his belief, I don't see people accusing you for having the wrong beliefs, I don't see him going around convincing others sikhs to believe in hindu gods either. first time I saw sidhu on TV, I was like " DAMN, who's that sardar on TV? "

he's a good image of the sikh society onto the bollywood industry, maybe not by his beliefs but by his identity and status in the industry. so stop accusing him; "HE TRIMS, AND CALLS HIMSELF A SIKH haha! ", because if you think you're any better then go on, be a perfect sidhu on bollywood and prove him wrong... oh its not that easy is it?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly, from my side I would give Sidhu props for actually promoting himself all over bollywood, especially with a turban on. not everyone can be perfect, especially when you're in the bollywood industry. sidhu with his hindu belives, so what's the big deal? it's his belief, I don't see people accusing you for having the wrong beliefs, I don't see him going around convincing others sikhs to believe in hindu gods either. first time I saw sidhu on TV, I was like " DAMN, who's that sardar on TV? "

he's a good image of the sikh society onto the bollywood industry, maybe not by his beliefs but by his identity and status in the industry. so stop accusing him; "HE TRIMS, AND CALLS HIMSELF A SIKH haha! ", because if you think you're any better then go on, be a perfect sidhu on bollywood and prove him wrong... oh its not that easy is it?

Sidhu need not be perfect is a good point. And he might be a friendly enough clown, mascot or bollyhero.

However, calling oneself a sikh and trimming is indicative of either uncultured boorish intelligence, or extreme cowardice.

I fail to see the props.

Oh God...you guys will NEVER be pleased with anyone who actually tries to step up and save our identity and culture.

"OH NOES, HE HAS NO DHARI, HE IS TEH EVALL!!!!"

"OH NOES, HE HAS BEEN HOLDING HANDS WIT TEH HINDOOZ"

Like, JESUS CHRIST, even if Navjot Sidhu WAS a HINDU and he went around a wore a pugh for SIKH PRIDE DAY think about how many YOUTH would be like "damn, if he can do it, SO CAN I, he's NOT even a SIKH, and he's PROUD"

And as far as the dhari, even if Navjot Sidhu gets ONE kid to keep a pugh on but still trims his beard, he has done enough, thats where WE COME IN then and educate the kid on sikhi. ALL Sidhu's job is, is to preserve the pugh, the more kids who have pughs, the more POTENTIAL they have to learn about sikhi and keep it.

BABY STEPS.

You guys are scared of ANYTHING. Turn your computers off.

TIN FOIL HATS BACK ON PLEASE.

You want to fool kids into thinking a pugh is about bollyheros, then take it from there? Why such low self-esteem for a Sikh? Why so little faith in children or youngsters? You may recall the test was giving your head. The path to teaching about the call for heads requires the starting point of honesty and integrity, not an association with bollyshine paradise.

You want to inspire kids? The first thing you have to do is be honest with them. Do not insult their intelligence and do not betray their innocence and trust.

Only once you have honesty and integrity can you move on to being a role model. A kid who is given our trust to learn the “art of style” properly will learn to live and maintain that “art of style”.

Sidhu can try to turn the whole world into pugh wearers, spandex wearers, or whatever identity he wants. However, his tin foil hat will certainly not be Sikh identity. He promotes punjabi/Indian/caste type pride, not sikhi.

Sikh society in general needs to start promoting keeping Kesh. I have seen many older Sikhs that are clean shaven riducle youngsters who keep their Kesh, many of these people actually sit on Gurdwara Committees! There seems to be complete indifference to keeping Kesh by many Gurdwaras so as not to offend people with haircuts and lose their votes.

excl.gif

sikhs are slaves of the hindu nation do we need any more prof of this.i have nothing to say just one thing slave have no religion they are merely sheep.where the Hindus want them to go they will follow.

long live guru nanak dev jee maharaj the bringer freedom and equity.dhan dhan sir guru granth sahib jee maharaj the only truth in this world.

Oh God...you guys will NEVER be pleased with anyone who actually tries to step up and save our identity and culture.

"OH NOES, HE HAS NO DHARI, HE IS TEH EVALL!!!!"

"OH NOES, HE HAS BEEN HOLDING HANDS WIT TEH HINDOOZ"

Like, JESUS CHRIST, even if Navjot Sidhu WAS a HINDU and he went around a wore a pugh for SIKH PRIDE DAY think about how many YOUTH would be like "damn, if he can do it, SO CAN I, he's NOT even a SIKH, and he's PROUD"

And as far as the dhari, even if Navjot Sidhu gets ONE kid to keep a pugh on but still trims his beard, he has done enough, thats where WE COME IN then and educate the kid on sikhi. ALL Sidhu's job is, is to preserve the pugh, the more kids who have pughs, the more POTENTIAL they have to learn about sikhi and keep it.

BABY STEPS.

You guys are scared of ANYTHING. Turn your computers off.

TIN FOIL HATS BACK ON PLEASE.

You want to fool kids into thinking a pugh is about bollyheros, then take it from there? Why such low self-esteem for a Sikh? Why so little faith in children or youngsters? You may recall the test was giving your head. The path to teaching about the call for heads requires the starting point of honesty and integrity, not an association with bollyshine paradise.

You want to inspire kids? The first thing you have to do is be honest with them. Do not insult their intelligence and do not betray their innocence and trust.

Only once you have honesty and integrity can you move on to being a role model. A kid who is given our trust to learn the “art of style” properly will learn to live and maintain that “art of style”.

Sidhu can try to turn the whole world into pugh wearers, spandex wearers, or whatever identity he wants. However, his tin foil hat will certainly not be Sikh identity. He promotes punjabi/Indian/caste type pride, not sikhi.

:TH:....I agree 100%....