Nagar Kirtan Southall

wjkk wjkf

Another nagar keertan another year,I can gurantee we will see the usual Pakhand and disrespect,Money transfer companies commercializing the whole thing,girls and boys meeting up in the park,along the route,some having the odd ciggerette and kiss here and there,some with there gelled hair sticking out,some girls with chunis all over the place,some boys,with nishan sahibs running around,some boys and girls checking each other,Nagar Keertans in the UK are a joke ,and no longer have that feeling of community unity and respect they once did.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dancing Warrior
Another nagar keertan another year,I can gurantee we will see the usual Pakhand and disrespect,Money transfer companies commercializing the whole thing,girls and boys meeting up in the park,along the route,some having the odd ciggerette and kiss here and there,some with there gelled hair sticking out,some girls with chunis all over the place,some boys,with nishan sahibs running around,some boys and girls checking each other,Nagar Keertans in the UK are a joke ,and no longer have that feeling of community unity and respect they once did.

You have some valid points why don't you produce a leaflet to distribute on the day highlighting the issue you have raised.

i use my business contacts for parking tongue.gif years back we use to use TRS car park behind Sikh Missionary!

about your questions, I dont have a clue oonce I just got handed a jacket etc LOL

anyone who knows me and wants to do seva let me know as we gotta a stall to set up :umm:

WJKKWJKF,Was a nice day ,the keertan was very moving and spirittual as well as poignant,was about praise to akaal and Khalsa.Then as i was walking along iwth the sangat,thoughts crossed my mind,why are we here?we are here to honour our guru and panth,then i looked around,i see people gossiping or on phones,boys and girls with theri heads not covered a million companies promoting themslevs,and i thought is this what getting together as a community to praise the guru khalsa panth is???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????And it really hurt,at a point when a few girls and boys were running around like idiots and brushing the nishan sahib on the floor while they were running it bought a tear to my eye,and the keeertan benig sung was Khalsa meri jann ki jann,this was very emotional as at the begining of the nagar keertan the amry officer praised the Khalsa Military force,for sacirifices and the hardships our forefathers went through to keep the flag flying high & how they sacrificed themselves for this great nation in both world wars,and it was a very moving speech he gave.then i see our sovreign flag of the Khalsa being abused as usual as it is on all nagar keertans,along with this Idiots with India flags,and the Police knw tension was high so they provided extra cover for the idiots with India flags,another thing i noticed was the sheer amount of boys and girls being ignorant that our Guru was in the palki sahib,i saw girls and boys acting like ''kaleh'' on walls,while the palki sahib was passing by not to mention uncovered heads,in the alley beside the pub next to Southall park 2 girls and 3 boys were smoking!,but were dealt with by local youths,towards the end i witnessed the 'santhans' niddar singh cheleh trying to kick arguments off in the singh sabha carpark,the sole reason for their quick but disruptive appearnce was to mess up the whole event and cause Sikhs to fight each other while they carry on with their hinduvta agenda in the UK,luckily the argument got broken up they were playing their usual tricks of 'egging' youths on by disrespecting Shaheeds,and the true Khalsa way of life,all in all the keertan was beautiful,like a sea of love flowing for the Khalsa and the Guru,but every year it gets worse and no matter how much parchar you do these people don' care to them its just a day out.