Your Kirpan

Gupt_Singh

Those 18 inch talksali style kirpaans arwe wicked!

Guru Ji's kirpa i have managed to get hold of every taksali style kirpaan from as small as about 2.5 inches to the 18inch one.

This singh did something to my 18inch one, he added some type of extra edge to it, which has kept it sharp, sometimes sarbloh tends to dull, but mine has kept it edge wickedly. If your gonna wear your 18inch kirpaan make sure you wear it over your clothes it rips the tshirts to bits if its worn underneath! lol but also try and keep a small kirpan under your clothes, just in case you have a prob with the bigger one.

people at uni looked at me funny at first but now their used to seeing me walking around with what they see as a short sword around my body! lol

If you want your kirpan's made to order, there is a singh called Hardeep Singh at Mehta Damdami Taksal, He is the shop owner there and makes kirpans to your order. Im going to pick mine up next week, cant wait to see it! should be a short version of the full size sword, around 23 inches i think, with the full hand guard and the solid taksali meaan too! also brought myself a teg from the budha dal, and also should be getting a 3ft kirpan from taksal as well! if i can afford it!

he also makes kareh too.. check him out next time your there! an 18inch kirpaan cost me 1500 rupees last time i went. thats just over 20pounds i think. the 23inch one costing around 2000rupees, and thats with the kadaai on both sides as singhs have mentioned!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest balwinderkaur

hmmm doesnt damdami taksal have an online shopping mall where foreign singhs and kaurs can purchase made-to-order kirpaans too???? if they dont, they ought to....makes things so much easier for us....well for me that is tongue.gif cuz i want a new kirpaan and dunno where to get it. :'(

yeah i went to hardeep singh. however i couldnt get them ordered in time for before i left india ;)

there wasnt much stuff there when i went to be honest, i was a bit disappointed, and some of the stuff which was meant to be sarbloh pretty blatantly wasnt.

having said that if i got ordered stuff im sure it wud have been heavy.....is there anyway for them to send em over to western countries?