Your Kirpan

Gupt_Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

;):(

these posts here are awesome, i luv all the kirpans here, and at the end of the day, i don't mind which type of Kirpan it is, as long as it is a Kirpan.

I juss wanted to know your views on if non-amritdhari's are allowed to wear Kirpans?? I am not an amritdhari, and don't wear a Kirpan because I don't feel it is right to wear a Kirpan if you aren't amritdhari, i juss wntd 2 know ur views on this

bhull chuk maaf karni ji

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I understand what you are trying to say, but isn't Sikhism supposed to be about building up to be a proper Sikh? I am a kesadhari and understand the importance of Sikhi and the 5 K's, but I just don't feel it is important to wear the Kirpan. This is because I feel that when I pass a big hurdle into becoming a Sikh, i want to award myself with a reward. These rewards are in the form of the 5 K's. As I learn more and more about Sikhi, i start to do more things that Sikhi says that you should do. And by the end of this, I hope to aim that I will be able to do everything and wear everything, and at that time, i think that i will be ready to take Amrit.

If a Sikh keeps his hair, but shaves his beard, you might think that he a complete <banned word filter activated> and he should either keep all his hair or cut it off, but i dont personally agree. The reason why he has kept his hair is because he knows that there is importance in keeping the hair, and in the future, when he wants to keep all the hair, he will have a head start because he will already have hair, which he will build upon. But if it was a monadhari at that stage, then it would have been much harder for that person to get into Sikhi, and to show his/her love for it. In the same way, i think that i can apply the 5 K's. I love sikhi, but i dont feel that i know enough to wear all the 5 K's, and therefore, I want to learn more before i do start wearing all the 5 K's.

I'm sorry if I've gone off topic, i just wanted to get my views across, which i should have done in the previous post

bhul chuk maaf karni ji

Waheguroo Jee Ka

Khalsa!

i do see where u coming from

but believe me.....once u take amrit......the naam raas will be a big enough reward lol

i jus see the kirpan is just practical......ur never gonna get mugged by a shiddhaa....haha

personally i do all i can, becuz ive still got plenty more 2 do that i find much harder! but u do have a point that there is no point wearing kirpan if you havent even done ur japji in the morning....

Guest balwinderkaur
bhenjee balwinder.. i will be only be able to get it end of feb coz i will be goin to KL den.. well you can alwiz get it from the Leo's Brother (dunno if u know em)

yea i do know leo brothers. but they only have a shop in Bangsar,KL..as far as i know....no singapore branch tongue.gif ..and i dont think ill be going to malaysia for quite some time....been ages since i went to KL too. unless they have an online shopping mall????

wuts ur definition of BIG.. ;) u know me i will get u really BIG.. anyway if u can lemme know a bit specifically den it'll be awesome.. i will not need to crack my head thinking which kirpan to get tongue.gif anyway one jatha (niketan) is coming to my town end of this month and i told them to bring some sarbloh kirpans so maybe i will get one for u from there too.. u just tell me a bit wut is ur criteria... dun leave me clueless bhenjee tongue.gif