Could Someone Explain This To Me?

JustME

kbIr ieh cyqwvnI mq shsw rih jwie ]

kabeer eih chaethaavanee math sehasaa rehi jaae ||

Kabeer, let me remind you of this. Do not be skeptical or cynical.

pwCY Bog ju Bogvy iqn ko guVu lY Kwih ]44]

paashhai bhog j bhogavae thin ko gurr lai khaahi ||44||

Those pleasures which you enjoyed so much in the past - now you must eat their fruits. ||44||

what does the last line mean........i dont get the "now you must eat their fruits" bit

bhul cuck maaf

kbIr ieh cyqwvnI, mq shsw rih jwie ]

kabeer sahib is warning us, and saying let there be no doubt about what i'm saying

pwCY Bog ju Bogvy, iqn ko guVu lY Kwih ]44]

he says that whatever you have enjoyed in the past, these colours of maya you have enjoyed. the women, the drugs, the drinking, the food, the mauj masti; you must now bear their consequence. at the time you were doing these things, you thought you were enjoying life to the max (hence the metaphor of guV i used, guV is mitha, sweet) but now you will see that what seemed sweet at the time was actually same as sowing poison.

bhagat farid jee says the same thing as well

dyKu PrIdw ij QIAw, skr hoeI ivsu ]

dhaekh fareedhaa j thheeaa sakar hoee vis ||

See, Fareed, what has happened: sugar has become poison.

sWeI bwJhu Awpxy, vydx khIAY iksu ]10]

saa(n)ee baajhahu aapanae vaedhan keheeai kis ||10||

Without my Lord, who can I tell of my sorrow? ||10||

sugar has become poison. you enjoyed women in your youth, now that you are old that can't be done. you enjoyed the taste of good food while young, now the tounge has become tasteless and everything tastes bland. you enjoyed looking at another's wealth and beauty, now you can't even see your own face in the mirror properly. you enjoyed listenig to slander of others, now its hard for you hear someone say even your own name. you enjoyed youth, thinking you were invincible, and you were o so strong, now even walking to the bathroom is tough. you enjoyed your youth so much, without thinking, now that youth is gone and even now you haven't forgotten it, even now you still remember it.

you enjoyed all you wanted, thinking that was real. but now reality as set in, you have gotten old and now those memories are like a knife in your back, always poking you, reminding you and hurting you. but nothing can be done now, youth has long gone, old age has set in, now that you have finally givenup on the worldly things (not because you wanted to, but because the world has left you far back) now who else will listen to your painful plea with waheguru himself

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

that was my humankama i took for sikhitothemax................trust me ive done some terrible things and its only fair that i get wots coming to me..................i just hope at the end of it i may be worthy to be the dust of His charan

Thank you guys

xx

^^

well why not? Gurbani is all hukam to us!

There is a way of taking a hukumnama from Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Reading a shabd from STTM doesn't qualify as hukumnama.

verji i understand what your saying but on the other side one can argue that, the gurus word is the hukam and on STTM is the gurus word, there for the hukam...Although i also totally agree with you to lol, just wanted to point it out :nihungsmile: rolleyes.gif

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fathe

a random shabad from STTM is NOT the hukum

edit: hukumnama *

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Why not? The way a hukamnama is supposed to be taken is to randomly pick a page and read the first pauri that you can find... if you believe that Guru can "direct" you to pick a certain page and thus a certain hukam, so can Guru "direct" the random shabad that is picked as well.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!