Lack Of Confidence

Big_Tera

Guest jap naam

wjkk wjkf

I was painfully shy growing up. I loathed the attention so much so that I’d rather melt in the background than be noticed.Needless to say, it was a particularly hard time for me. I realized how many opportunities had flown out of my grasp because of shyness. I began to dislike myself. It reached a point where I could not take it anymore. I sought change desperately.

This was probably the impetus that I needed. It forced me to take a long hard look at myself. I decided to conquer shyness. I admit it was very difficult at first.

My first day in my new high school, I had to be there on my own. No friends from my previous school accompanied me. It was then that the jitters showed. Luckily, there were a few shy classmates too.

I forced myself to act confident. I smiled at classmates who were then complete strangers. I trusted my instinct. If there was someone I liked I would approach them and introduced myself. My heartbeat raced every time I did that but I was determined to get out of the shell I have unknowingly confined myself in.

My voice would crack. It was hard to maintain eye to eye contact. Sometimes I would fall in uncomfortable silence. Whenever I noticed that I would force myself to think of something and say it. It didn’t take long to become an adept conversationalist. I focused on mastering the art of conversation. It was the first step to conquering shyness.

The most important factor that probably drew me out of shyness was the fact that nobody in my new school knew me. I was an anonymous face in a sea of people. Nobody knew that I was very shy in my previous school. I could pretend I was not and nobody could tell the difference.

Having gone thruough the worst enabled me to appreciate and live the present even better.

In hindsight, I’d say I’ve grown tremendously through the years because I was able to overcome shyness.

wjkk wjkf

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sita girl i dont get that. im the shyest person? i dont have trouble leaving my house.

ive checked that out before. ive done psychology for A level ect.

the problem is when im with friends im fine . but when it comes to speaking out loud in class. my heartbeat starts beating really fast and i wish i could run out of the room.

its got to the point where people are noticing it. this girl has commented on it. saying that when my confidence goes i just go quiet. it doesnt help with her staring at me like a hawk though.

sita girl i dont get that. im the shyest person? i dont have trouble leaving my house.

the problem is when im with friends im fine . but when it comes to speaking out loud in class. my heartbeat starts beating really fast and i wish i could run out of the room.

its got to the point where people are noticing it. this girl has commented on it. saying that when my confidence goes i just go quiet. it doesnt help with her staring at me like a hawk though.

maybe to be confident a bit of arrogance is needed because in order to speak in front of people YOU need to believe that what your saying is correct..............try practicing in front of a mirror or something...............maybe she is staring at you cos she likes you or admires you or maybe you could bloody ask her lol................

Guest jap naam
im shy

im also extreemely shy :sady: It's so frustrating sometimes because i wish I was just like everyone else. I wish i was normal. But i've been like this since i was a little kid. I've learned to accept it and not care anymore. Everyone's different right.. :@ :umm:

you are normal, being shy is normal thing :TH:

im shy

im also extreemely shy :sady: It's so frustrating sometimes because i wish I was just like everyone else. I wish i was normal. But i've been like this since i was a little kid. I've learned to accept it and not care anymore. Everyone's different right.. :@ :umm:

NO NO NO you are normal.......you just need to believe in yourself...............i remember when i had an advocacy exam and had to speak in front of a judge and be taped! i was so nervous...............but you know what i just had to get on with it and i passed :TH:

so the lesson is dont care about what people think of you and believe in yourself and you will be fine. :TH:

maybe to be confident a bit of arrogance is needed because in order to speak in front of people YOU need to believe that what your saying is correct..............try practicing in front of a mirror or something...............maybe she is staring at you cos she likes you or admires you or maybe you could bloody ask her lol................

yep i think you hit the nail on the head. ive started to speak softly for some reason. ie when im with threads i have a deepish voice . but when i comes to speaking in this training class my voice becomes very soft.

im afriad if i speak loudly i will come across as arrogant. but maybe that is what is needed. the girl in question is just an attention seeker. i think she may have a crush on me.

now that everyone has heard my presentaion. now im just afraid of doing a really good one becuase they are not use to hearing me talk confidently.

maybe the reason im talking softly is becuase these two girls are intimidating me. i know it sounds funny. but im scared of a couple of girls. one is 30 and the other who i dont like is 18.

its got to the stage where im so low on confidence a couple of girls are making me feel scared of them unitentionaly. they havent done or said anything. apart from the the 18 yr old. she said i was low on confidence? is she trying to diss me or what??