Helping A Wounded Person

following from the great example set to us by Bhai Kanhaiya. if we see a wounded person, what should a sikh do?

when some Sikhs went directly and complained to Guru Gobind Singh that Bhai Kanhaiya had been resuscitating the fallen enemy soldiers. Guru Gobind Singh summoned Bhai Kanhaiya and explained that he had received a complaint about his actions on the battlefield.

Guruji said, “These brave Sikhs are saying that you go and feed water to the enemy and they recover to fight them again – Is this true?”

Bhai Kanhaiya Ji replied "Yes, my Guru, what they say is true. But Maharaj, I saw no Mughal or Sikh on the battlefield. I only saw human beings. And, ... Guru Ji, .. they all have the same God’s Spirit? – Guru Ji, have you not taught us to treat all God's people as the same?"

so was it right for sikhs to stop a paramedic attending the stabbed victim at the handworths mela on sunday regardless of what he had done in the past?

following from the great example set to us by Bhai Kanhaiya. if we see a wounded person, what should a sikh do?

when some Sikhs went directly and complained to Guru Gobind Singh that Bhai Kanhaiya had been resuscitating the fallen enemy soldiers. Guru Gobind Singh summoned Bhai Kanhaiya and explained that he had received a complaint about his actions on the battlefield.

Guruji said, “These brave Sikhs are saying that you go and feed water to the enemy and they recover to fight them again – Is this true?”

Bhai Kanhaiya Ji replied "Yes, my Guru, what they say is true. But Maharaj, I saw no Mughal or Sikh on the battlefield. I only saw human beings. And, ... Guru Ji, .. they all have the same God’s Spirit? – Guru Ji, have you not taught us to treat all God's people as the same?"

so was it right for sikhs to stop a paramedic attending the stabbed victim at the handworths mela on sunday regardless of what he had done in the past?

It appears that a lot of regrettable things happened on that Handsworth Mela day that should not have. I suppose it’s not difficult to get so over-involved with a specific issue that you ignore the reality around you and begin to lose track of the Sikhi morals.

The bottom line was that the happenings at Smethwick were rival Gangs who had previous hatred for each other. The outcome was just like anyother fight between two groups. There was no Dharamic stance because it was the corrupt leading the corrupt.

If these lot could put out their kirpans so easily then I guess the greatness of Bhai Kanhaiya would not come to their mind. Their cause was hatred for each other and it has and will destroy them.

u need to give this handsworth park topic a break rupinder singh its getting tiring now. admin closed the main thread stop trying to start another one. its good you make everyone aware of bhai khanaiya jis example, but its blatent your just trying to cause trouble.

dont spend your life infront of the pc and jap some naam rather than running your mouth kiddo. bhull chukk maaf

u need to give this handsworth park topic a break rupinder singh its getting tiring now. admin closed the main thread stop trying to start another one. its good you make everyone aware of bhai khanaiya jis example, but its blatent your just trying to cause trouble.

dont spend your life infront of the pc and jap some naam rather than running your mouth kiddo. bhull chukk maaf

I think there is a valid moral here whether it relates to the Handsworth incident or not. We should look at this as food for thought and realise everything is not a simple as it seems. Where does a Sikhs duty start and where does it end? It's not as simple as we think to establish that!

Pappi Jee, i am just expressing an opinion. i am not instigating anything but presenting the facts.

i am a poor example of a singh, i agree that i could jap naam more. but if i passionatly feel something needs to be questioned than as a sikh i believe i should.

at the end of the day, some of us waved r sri sahib in the air once the argument started. some of us prevented the paramedics attending a wounded person. and all i am asking is why?

Rupinder Singh

What an excellent post and reminder to us all that Sikhi contains the righteousness that can guide all our actions.

Maha Pappi --- Rupinder is not trying to cause any trouble, he's reminding us of Bhai Kanhaiya's actions and greatness in the light of recent events. I thank Rupinder for this and encourage him and everyone to speak and draw lessons from Sikhi whenever their conscience urges them to in the face of wickedness that afflicts us!

Guru Fateh