Do You Think It’s Wrong To Celebrate People’s Birthday?

Guest Gupt Singhni

Celebration of Birthdays  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think It?s Wrong To Celebrate People?s Birthday?

• YES
    • NO

i'm going to post another prespective on here. everyone seems to say its anti-gurmat to celebrate one's birthday. i say again, that people throw around words like anti-gurmat and manmat too loosely.

ok so.

look at it this way, celebrate this life because it is thru this life we can jap naam, none of the other 8.4 million species can jap naam, only the human species can. so celebrate that. but i guess if someone has a typical punjabi mentality then they'd proly got to a club, get drunk to celebrate while a sikh would goto gurudwara, have a kirtan program at their house, do something involving guru sahib and sangat :@

it just depends on the way you look at it. but for sure we should celebrate :umm: becase that was the day we came into this world to start on/continue our spiritual journey.

PS. if birthday is manmut, then so is birth. think about that one.

and i can't believe this is still going :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gupt Singhni

I think this topic should end here.

It is clearly obvious that everyone has different views about birthdays. Some believe birthdays are worth celebrating because this human life is a precious gift from God and we should pray to God for our gratitude etc. Whilst others believe it’s just another day that passes by...

I got my answers now. This topic can end here.

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF

I would have 2 agree with Maha_Moorakh in terms of death!!! WE SHOULD BE JAPPING NAAM, A BIRTHDAY SHOULD BE A WAKE UP CALL!!!! I think celebrating by having a Kirtan Program or doing paath is the right way to go!!

Vahegurooooooooooooooooooooooooo

VJKK VJKF!

Guest Gupt Singhni

I want to ask a question:

Did people during Bhai sahib Randhir singhs time or Bhai Fauja Singh's time celebrate their birthdays?

Thank you

Guest Papi
I think this topic should end here.

It is clearly obvious that everyone has different views about birthdays. Some believe birthdays are worth celebrating because this human life is a precious gift from God and we should pray to God for our gratitude etc. Whilst others believe it's just another day that passes by...

I got my answers now. This topic can end here.

rolleyes.gif
I want to ask a question:

Did people during Bhai sahib Randhir singhs time or Bhai Fauja Singh's time celebrate their birthdays?

Thank you

i guess got more questions now eh grin.gif

Guest peacemaker
These AKJ members certainly believe Birthdays are worth celebrating

http://www.sevatothemax.com/pictures/main...._serialNumber=2

If you had Only, Only, ONLYYYY, not written AKJ, you would have saved me from typing this rant...

What's with the labels now? Listen, if you identify yourself as AKJ first and sikh second, then I would have a problem. One Khalsa Panth only forever! If other "groups" have a problem accepting that, go and take it up with Sri Akhal Takhat Sahib.

And another thing, "Bhai Sahib", why don't you grow up and quit trying to start drama around here. Yeah, I just wrote that and I also suggest you change your name to something other than Bhai Sahib because you sure as hell don't act like one. See Ya, pal!