Do You Think It’s Wrong To Celebrate People’s Birthday?

Guest Gupt Singhni

Celebration of Birthdays  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think It?s Wrong To Celebrate People?s Birthday?

• YES
    • NO

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I said it is wrong I meant that it is POINTLESS. Does that clear everything up?? :TH:

i was going to post a lil something, but after reading that i wont post that.

but, i think a lot of things we do in our life are simply pointless but we still do them. for example, aruging on a sikhi forum on petty issues rolleyes.gif

Guest Amrik$ingh

lets have a throwing cake fight to get a solution...lol

i dont see anything wrong with celebrating births...nothing wrong with celebrating lives which Waheguru's given us

didnt guru gobind singh jee say that they arent any higher than us.... when he was giving and getting amirt... vasiakhi????...... they said that only bow to sri guru granth sahib ji yes they get respect more than anymore because of them we are here and yea we should celebrate there birthday but why cant we be happy that guruji gave us life in a sikhi family and life i think every sikh should be happy to be here as then and they should celebrate it ...... i gues if u think it wrong than dont go to birthday parties and dont celebrate ur own birthday and its also wrong haveing a kandpath or kirtan in honour of ur birthday isnt that celebrate ur birthday but ur just celebrating with guruji himself .... when we cut ur cake guruji is there we cant see him but isn't guru ji everywhere its okay for kirtans but not cake ummm..... im not saying dont have kirtan. But if u think that celbrating ur birthday is wrong than ur saying having a kandpath and kirtan is wrong for ur birthday... i dont really think it is .... its a way to get closer to guru ji... thank him.... yea and people might say well just because its UR birthday u decided to thank guruji .... well i cant say anything about that other than most sikhs ardass is thanking guruji for wat he has gave other than i need list...... we should thank him no matter wat but sometimes we show that thanks through kandpaths and kirtans..... wats wrong with that???? :@

Why celebrate the fact that you are getting closer to death?

As a Sikh we are never to forget death as we realise every breathe we take is so precious we do not fear death!!!

personaly i look forward to death to see what is beyond it and what is beyond it is Waheguru thats our aim in life to obtain naam.

so why wouldn't you want to celebrate your birthday? Guru Ji gave us life and we shall celebrate it by thanking the all mighty for bringing us down on to this earth to breathe his naam in every breathe we take and we just thank Guru Ji every year for keeping us on planent earth so we can spread naam!!!

so relax man celebrate your birthday but that way should always be by remembering Waheguru the reason for you are on this earth and to remember Waheguru every single second till you live!!!

Celebrate that one more year has gone by ... and that makes you one year close to Guru Ji

and how can you celebrate? Reflect on the year that has gone by ... it'll inspire you to do more seva, more simran, more sangat ... learn from things that you've done wrong, and think how you can do things you've done good even better

and if you're celebrating your birthday amongst sangat, what's wrong with that? It might inspire others to look back at their life also, and reflect as you are probably reflecting on your birthday