Donation Of Organs

cute_kaur

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Hi people...

This mite seem strange to some, but its something that came up at uni with some mates..

Is it against Sikhi to donate your organs once you have passed this world???

I have been on the Organ donation list since I was 16, and I have never questioned if it was against sikhi until my gori mate asked me if it was..

So if anyone knows about this let me know..

As I have always thought that it was ok as youd be doing seva for someone once you have passed aswel..

fatehhh

no its not against sikhi..beacuseee

we done believe (muslim belief) dat wen we die..our body must be intact beacuse, then it can be resurrected i.e "judgement day".

we belive afta death our body is worhtelss.. maharaj tells us that its the soul that counts.. nd dat goes to dharam raaj..

we can do wah we want with the body..cremate it...bury it..

donation is ok..and alonglines of sikhi because.. its basically helping some1 to live.. or havea better life.. nd mayb even helpin them to realise maharaj

nd btw.. how u join organ donation list?

waheguroo ji ka khalsa

waheguroo ji ke fateh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Thats good im glad to hear.. but i am going to assume that someone will tell me otherwise as ther is always someone that has another view..lol

Well I was asked by my massi when I was 16 if I wanted to go on the Organ Donation List.. But I was informed that when you fill out your driving license they have question ther that asks if you want to become a donor..

But I will find out where else you are able to contact in order to Donate.. (because i was so confused at uni that day i forgt to listen to what the presentation was about, otherwise i would have told you)

I will let you know.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh,

Organ Donation is definately according to Sikhi, though in those times Guru Ji didn't speak about it cause it didn't exist yet... the principles of Not being attached to even your body apply here, as well as the principles of Seva, and Humanity.

We should not be attached to anything we own, even our bodies. Who knows when we may die? And when that times comes, our body will be useless to us. We should not attach ourselves to our dead body, saying "ITS MINE' ITS MINE..."... let it go. --- and if it can save the life of another human being... then wow! Perhaps they will live longer to go towards their spiritual path!

Giving your organs after an accidental death, is a good 'final' seva... great way to finish things off... if you look at it that way...

And finally, it is for humanity. If we help the wounded on the battle field, even if they are our "enemies"... then we are following the principles of humanity. Then why not save the lives of other strangers... in the humblest of ways... without thanks, and without even being known, totally anonymously... giving a part of 'yourself'...

Think about it...

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Actually I would argue that it is MANDATORY for us to donate our organs when we die... gurbani says that we should not remain attached to anything in this world, especially our bodies that have NO purpose after we die.

It would be selfish of us to refuse to help another in life and death situations when we don't have to do ANYTHING or pay anything like with our organs.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!