Ipod/mp3 Etc

just a soul

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems convincing but wt about like reciting bani during eating or somethin like tht????
i personally do that at times, but think of it this way. Guru ji blessed us with the food so that we may enjoy it, its not harmful to recite bani, i mean, i enchant guru ji's name, nothing bad will happen. it is actually good to do it in a way i.e. you remember Akal Purakh, and no matter what you are doing, when you remember him, you remember him, nothing can stop that neither can he :@

im not too sure about this, but we should be aware that the mp3 player has Bani on it, i only use mine for katha and kirtan and Path. im not sure what we should do in respect terms, because most of us wont put the mp3 in a dirty place anyway or on the floor n stuff.......i think it is different to a gutka, in a gutka it is written in gurmukhi, and in an mp3 player it is only when gurbani is played that we hear the naad, after all the guru is all ang sang..................erm i dont relaly know lol ...just give it satkar as much as you can..........iv heard about great sikhs who used to put the radio high up when gurbani used to come on out of satkar....

im not too sure about this, but we should be aware that the mp3 player has Bani on it, i only use mine for katha and kirtan and Path. im not sure what we should do in respect terms, because most of us wont put the mp3 in a dirty place anyway or on the floor n stuff.......i think it is different to a gutka, in a gutka it is written in gurmukhi, and in an mp3 player it is only when gurbani is played that we hear the naad, after all the guru is all ang sang..................erm i dont relaly know lol ...just give it satkar as much as you can..........iv heard about great sikhs who used to put the radio high up when gurbani used to come on out of satkar....

true, but we should avoid idolising it.

There is a certain marayada that maharaj has given us to treat guroo granth sahib ji maharaj....and im not sure but possibly gutke sahibs too....however when it comes to any other form of gurbani....like ipods or pda's....surely it should be the sharda that you keep...the reason i say this is because i started becoming very katar in the way i kept all gurbani however, the amount that i actually read and applied banee to my life was bare minimum....so then i think it just became pakhand and possibly even bipran kee reet....its like showing this ultimate respect....but true respect would also consist of reciting and applieing gurbanee to your life...

maharj says:"jab lag khalsa rehi niaara, thab lag thej deu mae saara.

jab ih gai bipran kee reeth, mae no karo in kee partheeth"

im not saying to keep respect for ipod etc is bipran kee reet....but what i am saying is that in my opinion your sharda will tell you how to respect your ipods and mp3 etc....and this sharda will slowly grow as your banee does....just because someone tells you on this forum to respect it a certain way does not make it right and the only way....if your heart tells you that you feel disrespect by holding your ipod with dirty hands then wash them....that way the respect is true because it is coming from yourselves....

a mahapurush once i think saw a pothi sahib fall on the floor...or he himself was putting it down somewhere and it fell on the floor....he was so distraught by this that he straight away did a whole akhand paarth sahib by himself, to ask for forgiveness...that doesnt mean this is what we all are going to do in the same situation...it just means thats how much sharda he had and if we read banee we may be blessed with the strength to have that much sharda too one day....

try to grow in your sikhi...concentrate on this...on your love for vaheguru... your sharda and respect will natuarlly grow itself...

"jin prem kiyo tin hee prubh payo" - its your love for vaheguroo that will determin the respect you keep....and some people have more love than others....just like the mahapurush

sorri for rambling and mistakes...

gurfateh

ok so a suggestion was to keep the ipod at a higher level, so what if there is music stored on the same ipod? (i personally don't but i'm just playin devils advocate rolleyes.gif ) Then the music and Gurbani can not be seperated to different levels of heights- what does sangat ji suggest???

And Harsimran Singh- no offense but I think this is far from idolising- I'm merely tryin to understand best practise :@

WJK WJF

ok so a suggestion was to keep the ipod at a higher level, so what if there is music stored on the same ipod? (i personally don't but i'm just playin devils advocate rolleyes.gif) Then the music and Gurbani can not be seperated to different levels of heights- what does sangat ji suggest???

Like akaal ustat was saying, guruji wants your bani, not how high or low your ipod is neither they way you respect it, after its all in your sharda again. You fell it should be respected, do so in everyway you feel right.

And Harsimran Singh- no offense but I think this is far from idolising- I'm merely tryin to understand best practise smile.gif
This was not only for you, it was a general statement :@

WE shouldn't go into such a depth that we actually turn up idolising it... get my point?