Sikhs & Canada.. Whats Going On?

S1ngh

Here is the deal with sikhs in BC, Canada thats is what i think, others who live in canada can add or correct me if i m wrong- sikhs here are pretty falls into two extremes- one pro sant bhindranwale, pro babar khalsa pro khalistan anti bharamins, anti hindu, anti anyone who doesnt agree to their views and other extreme is anti khalistan because violence against them by khalistani during 1984 because lack of co-operation from their side or simply not agreeing with their side, this extreme is tottaly put off by sikhi- they usually are anti chola/bana wearing singhs, anti kirpan, anti kesh with attitude its inside what matters, anti maryada - sitting on ground etc.

Both extremes are wrong.

You wont find people with mixture in majority as in - pro khalistan movement yet fully against unjustified force...pro sant bhindranwale idea of sovergeinty yet denouncing, condeming other soo called khalistan groups have used unjustified force which have killed loads of innocent civilians whether it revolves around contoversial figures like talvinder singh parmar(contoversial figure read-soft target) or ajaib singh bagri(hate speech to kill 50,000 hindus).

Since there is no middle ground of people in majority who are neither fanatics nor pacifist, its very easy for media take sides towards as they put it moderates which in this soceity means- pacificism/ you just call 911 if you see - rape happening infront of your eyes instead of doing something physically to stop it, that be off course consider as a crime you had no right to be involved, let police deal with it kinda attitude.

Media here generally are anti minorities.

Actually cannot blame fully on media either, when our sikh community leaders can hardly speak english goes to media with an attitude - talvinder singh parmar is an hero, i can say you are terrorist anyone call anyone terrorist with out any proof...instead of creating an intellectual dialogue with the media and correct them- struggle for khalistan/sovergeinty is not as black and white as they think and give glorious examples from the history explained the role of sant-sipahi, give examples how khalsa have in the past denounced violence, condemns violence and only use justified method to get justice and give examples from anmesty international human rights abuse report against india.

quite a bit of damage has been done to the image of sikhs here in canada by bias media or shall i say- naive media, i dont think media should be fully blamed for blunders our soo called khalistan leaders who stuck in one extreme have made.

Its about time canadian sikhs should hold some accountablity, acknowledgement in media yes we had sikh fanatics within ourselves, fanaticism is not a sikh problem but Global problem instead of rejecting the news by playing the usual trumphet- oh look at that kim bolan, terri melveski wrote a bias article, oh they are ought there to get us(sikhs again). Lets stop playing the victim role and do something productive. Victim role as our maha panthic sevadars - arrogrant mini akaal takth wanna be police panthic weekly are doing- http://www.panthic.o...2007-04-25.html

They are quoting from the book-soft target whenever it suits them, when you ask them what does it this book think about "Talvinder Singh Parmar"...they zip their mouth.

Here is the download link for e-book- soft target, go all the way down to index, look for talvinder singh parmar, read all the pages related to parmar, draw your own opnion on this matter:

Right click and save target as:

http://www.gurmarag.net/SikhAwareness/Text...get%20ebook.pdf

I am not denying there are people who dont follow those both extremes that i listed above but the point is they are still not in majority because they are not visible to media or they dont approach media to set the record straight, thats the problem. People who can hardly speak english ie- comitee member of gurdwara approach media and think they are representative of whole sikh community in BC instead of holding an intellectual dialogue with media and educating them they go on about how talvinder singh is not terrorist, he is hereo, i can say you are terrorist given no proof but rather childish comments,, blah blah.. This is a serious problem, youths in BC like have to sort things out and set the record straight. I have seen media people like to get both sides, but our soo called leaders in BC in the gurdwaras dont return their phone calls, tell me how silly that seems to wider canadian community?

Kim Bolan, terry meliveski have done damage to sikh image no doubt but as they say it takes two to tango, our soo called sikh community leaders in BC have equally done damage to sikh image.

basicully parmar led the attack with government help

or parmar guys did the attack but the indien government wasn't involved

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the deal with sikhs in BC, Canada thats is what i think, others who live in canada can add or correct me if i m wrong- sikhs here are pretty falls into two extremes- one pro sant bhindranwale, pro babar khalsa pro khalistan anti bharamins, anti hindu, anti anyone who doesnt agree to their views and other extreme is anti khalistan because violence against them by khalistani during 1984 because lack of co-operation from their side or simply not agreeing with their side, this extreme is tottaly put off by sikhi- they usually are anti chola/bana wearing singhs, anti kirpan, anti kesh with attitude its inside what matters, anti maryada - sitting on ground etc.

Both extremes are wrong.

You wont find people with mixture in majority as in - pro khalistan movement yet fully against unjustified force...pro sant bhindranwale idea of sovergeinty yet denouncing, condeming other soo called khalistan groups have used unjustified force which have killed loads of innocent civilians whether it revolves around contoversial figures like talvinder singh parmar(contoversial figure read-soft target) or ajaib singh bagri(hate speech to kill 50,000 hindus).

Since there is no middle ground of people in majority who are neither fanatics nor pacifist, its very easy for media take sides towards as they put it moderates which in this soceity means- pacificism/ you just call 911 if you see - rape happening infront of your eyes instead of doing something physically to stop it, that be off course consider as a crime you had no right to be involved, let police deal with it kinda attitude.

Media here generally are anti minorities.

Actually cannot blame fully on media either, when our sikh community leaders can hardly speak english goes to media with an attitude - talvinder singh parmar is an hero, i can say you are terrorist anyone call anyone terrorist with out any proof...instead of creating an intellectual dialogue with the media and correct them- struggle for khalistan/sovergeinty is not as black and white as they think and give glorious examples from the history explained the role of sant-sipahi, give examples how khalsa have in the past denounced violence, condemns violence and only use justified method to get justice and give examples from anmesty international human rights abuse report against india.

quite a bit of damage has been done to the image of sikhs here in canada by bias media or shall i say- naive media, i dont think media should be fully blamed for blunders our soo called khalistan leaders who stuck in one extreme have made.

Its about time canadian sikhs should hold some accountablity, acknowledgement in media yes we had sikh fanatics within ourselves, fanaticism is not a sikh problem but Global problem instead of rejecting the news by playing the usual trumphet- oh look at that kim bolan, terri melveski wrote a bias article, oh they are ought there to get us(sikhs again). Lets stop playing the victim role and do something productive. Victim role as our maha panthic sevadars - arrogrant mini akaal takth wanna be police panthic weekly are doing- http://www.panthic.o...2007-04-25.html

They are quoting from the book-soft target whenever it suits them, when you ask them what does it this book think about "Talvinder Singh Parmar"...they zip their mouth.

Here is the download link for e-book- soft target, go all the way down to index, look for talvinder singh parmar, read all the pages related to parmar, draw your own opnion on this matter:

Right click and save target as:

http://www.gurmarag.net/SikhAwareness/Text...get%20ebook.pdf

I am not denying there are people who dont follow those both extremes that i listed above but the point is they are still not in majority because they are not visible to media or they dont approach media to set the record straight, thats the problem. People who can hardly speak english ie- comitee member of gurdwara approach media and think they are representative of whole sikh community in BC instead of holding an intellectual dialogue with media and educating them they go on about how talvinder singh is not terrorist, he is hereo, i can say you are terrorist given no proof but rather childish comments,, blah blah.. This is a serious problem, youths in BC like have to sort things out and set the record straight. I have seen media people like to get both sides, but our soo called leaders in BC in the gurdwaras dont return their phone calls, tell me how silly that seems to wider canadian community?

Kim Bolan, terry meliveski have done damage to sikh image no doubt but as they say it takes two to tango, our soo called sikh community leaders in BC have equally done damage to sikh image.

very true i don't believe in concpiracy's but for people who do i don't know why they leave what soft target says parmar out