Food And Alcohol

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Hey dear sangat,

I present a question before you, is it ok to eat food such as beans and ketchup which contain less than 1% alcohol. They don't label this on their foods as it is very small. I was in a discussion today and i said it was ok to eat them as you are not eating it for the alcohol but for the taste. If you didn't know you'd be non the wiser. Moreover, i said that the person should stop eating bread as yeast in it produces alcohol which is extracted but residue remains. grin.gif

The person disagreed as they liked bread.

What are your views?

Sorry if i offended anyone as that wasn't my intention.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh! :T:

Let's just stop eating altogether....that way we can never even think to break our reht!

But there's a small problem in that called...death....

My Goddd are beans going to intoxicate you? Are they going to make you so damn drunk that you forget about Vaheguru?

Let's just stop eating altogether....that way we can never even think to break our reht!

My Goddd are beans going to intoxicate you? Are they going to make you so damn drunk that you forget about Vaheguru?

ohmy.gif

Rude post of the day!

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Hey dear sangat,

I present a question before you, is it ok to eat food such as beans and ketchup which contain less than 1% alcohol. They don't label this on their foods as it is very small. I was in a discussion today and i said it was ok to eat them as you are not eating it for the alcohol but for the taste. If you didn't know you'd be non the wiser. Moreover, i said that the person should stop eating bread as yeast in it produces alcohol which is extracted but residue remains. grin.gif

The person disagreed as they liked bread.

What are your views?

Sorry if i offended anyone as that wasn't my intention.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh! :T:

It should be okey to consume Veer ji because you'd have to eat a inhumanly massive amount to become intoxicated me thinks.

ohmy.gif

Rude post of the day!

no...

more like

the most Blunt and StraightForward Answer of the day.

Guest Papi

^ yeh precisely :TH:

*goes to the kitchen and gulps down ketchup, writes "make beans subji" in his day planner*

*also, goes to the store n buys whole wheat bread, comes home sticks some subji on it, and dumps tons of ketchup on it. sits in front of tv with my keni of dudh and gulps it all down* :devil:

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa, vaaheguroo jee kee fateh

wel.. i think its what ur own personal belief is, the guru said no intoxications, in that case we can have a sip of alcohol even though we arent really having it for any reason because we eat ketchup because of the actual ketchup and not the alcohol, but then in that case, there is no harm for u to have one sip of alcohol for no reason becasue you know you can have cuz u have it in ketchup, if u get where i'm coming from, it makes sense...prove it that ur not having the ketchup for the alcohol by having a sip of alcohol, cuz not even that sip of alcohol is going to get u high

some people try to limit their intakes, as in they might need bread cuz there is nothing else, so its a matter of either eating or not eating for them...

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa, vaaheguroo jee kee fateh

Maharaj Ji didn't say no alcohol. Alcohol is the name of a chemical that is used for various purposes. If Guru ji di say no alcohol, then we wouldn't be able to use conditioner and other neccessary items. Its no alcoholic BEVERAGES.