Landlocked Country , Will The Idea Appeal To All People

Guest in_search_of_answrs

SSA to all fellow Sikhs,

I have small query. If we are supporting this movement of independent state. Will it be land locked country? A sea connection is big must for any nation to get forward in trade what people think on this. Will the state have survived on good relation ship with Muslim Pakistan & other close Hindu nation for trade? I expect some rational reasoned answers to my query. Nepal is not doing very good economically. If want to sell this idea to people in general , we need convincing answers with our self first.

See Scotland is moving toward that path. But their leader is very good in economics and is able to convince people of Scotland with great argument power. the benefits of independence

According to the CIA World Factbook, there are 43 countries and other areas that are landlocked. In simplest terms, a landlocked country is one that is devoid of coastline. Landlocked status is critical for many nations because it prevents unfettered access to the open ocean which, in turn allows for trade with most of the countries in the world. Goods in a landlocked country, for example, must be transported through another country before they reach the ocean.

Is the status of being landlocked just a superficial aspect of a country? It appears not. Let us look, for example at average GDP (gross domestic product) per capita: the weighted world average of GDP per capita is approximately $18,000. Of the world's landlocked countries, only two (Switzerland and Austria) have higher GDPs per capita than this average. The weighted average of all landlocked countries is under $4000!

Two countries in the world are double landlocked, which means that they are surrounded only by other landlocked countries: Lichtenstein and Uzbekistan. The largest landlocked country is Kazakhstan. It is the ninth largest country in the world covering just over 1 million square miles (2.65 million square kilometers)!

Africa includes a total of 15 landlocked countries; Europe has 14 and Asia 12. Here is a list of all landlocked countries organized by continent:

Africa

Botswana

Burkina Faso

Burundi

Central African Republic

Chad

Ethiopia

Lesotho

Malawi

Mali

Niger

Rwanda

Swaziland

Uganda

Zambia

Zimbabwe

Asia

Afghanistan

Azerbaijan

Bhutan

Kazakhstan

Kyrgyzstan

Laos

Mongolia

Nepal

Tajikistan

Turkmenistan

Uzbekistan

West Bank

Europe

Andorra

Armenia

Austria

Belarus

Czech Republic

Vatican City (Holy See)

Hungary

Liechtenstein

Luxembourg

Moldova

San Marino

Slovakia

Switzerland

The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia

South America

Paraguay

Bolivia

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-countries-are-landlocked.htm

here enjoy. and also you obviously don't trust Hindu majority India to have any good relations with a sikh homeland? hmmmmm are hindus that bad? you shouldn't assume that about our hindu brothers and sisters. I for one expect them to be humble and just neighbors, why would i think otherwise, unless i had some kind of hindu-phobia.

Hindus are in general good people. That I have also experience. In fact I have many Hindu friends. But a separate state it seems to have, become

a necessity to make sure Sikh religion survive for next hundreds of years. This DERA controversy wake us up to the fact that there is real danger to

our faith. Even if this controversy was raised because of political reasons by akalis/congress. Even then, the kind of following such DERAs are getting is eye

opener.

It is important some search on economics of separate state is done. If we have convincing answers

Only then we have way forward to convince not only our Sikh people but also i Hindus too that a separate state is benefit to them too

,both economic and emotionally terms.

I will search data. Will try presenting some approach papers on this forum