Lareevar Saroop: Some Thoughts

nWo

Guest baba amarjeet singh
and they also added a whole extra ang but that my view on it

You mean in the formatting of it? With all the extra spaces?

How many angs were there meant to be?

i think hes talkin about raagmala

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont wana start bashing people, i was reading that taksal focus on santhiya of gurbanee alot and about 15 - 20 yrs ago i think they used to read lareevar and were very strict about not reading paad-ched because its not right, same with the akhand keertanee jatha, so whats changed??? why cant it go back to the TRUE WAY

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

For those amongst us who can read Lareevar, did you have to get taught? People like me have been so used to reading Padd-ched, and when I switch to Lareevar it seems like all I'm doing different is reading the Gurbani in a different format, it's original format. But I'm still splitting up the Gurbani into separate words when I'm reading it out loud.

In no way am I undermining the importance of Lareevar Saroops, but isn't what I'm doing completely defeating the purpose? I'm just using the background knowledge I have from reading Padd-ched.

There are discrepancies between different Padd-ched birs, and Lareevar saroops can eliminate them.. but how do you you're definately reading it correctly?

Could someone wiser please clear up my confusion sad.gif .

~l~

For those amongst us who can read Lareevar, did you have to get taught? People like me have been so used to reading Padd-ched, and when I switch to Lareevar it seems like all I'm doing different is reading the Gurbani in a different format, it's original format. But I'm still splitting up the Gurbani into separate words when I'm reading it out loud.

In no way am I undermining the importance of Lareevar Saroops, but isn't what I'm doing completely defeating the purpose? I'm just using the background knowledge I have from reading Padd-ched.

There are discrepancies between different Padd-ched birs, and Lareevar saroops can eliminate them.. but how do you you're definately reading it correctly?

~l~

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fateh

Your problem is Santhiya, you need to have santhiya from a gursikh who has had santhiya passed on to them. When reading Lareedar there needs to be 101% concentration. There are some rules that need to be contemplated in order to have shud and fluent path. Dont ask what the rules are becuase I think you need a teacher to pass it down.

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fateh

1stly grow up

i dont wana start bashing people, i was reading that taksal focus on santhiya of gurbanee alot and about 15 - 20 yrs ago i think they used to read lareevar and were very strict about not reading paad-ched because its not right, same with the akhand keertanee jatha, so whats changed??? why cant it go back to the TRUE WAY

2ndly taksal still do parkash of a larivaar saroop of guru granth sahib jee and dasm sri guru granth sahib jee every day at mehta chowk, all the students are tought santhia and know how to read larivaar, the tradition still carries on at damdami taksal, however for foreign students i think they first learn pad ched and then go onto learning larivaar. . . still has been happening since guru sahib jees times with the first jathedar being baba deep singh jee.

~l~

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki fateh!

As Pwalla! said, you need to have santhya from someone who's had santhyaa passed onto them. In Toronto, we're lucky to have gursikhs like Bhai Hardeep Singh who know bani inside out and have gotten santhyaa passed onto him by several high avastha gursikhs. There's santhyaa classes every Sunday @ Dixie Gurdwara, starting at 6:15pm, where bani is read from larivaar pothiaa.

Bhul chuk muaf!

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki fateh!

Guest baba amarjeet singh

1stly grow up

2ndly taksal still do parkash of a larivaar saroop of guru granth sahib jee and dasm sri guru granth sahib jee every day at mehta chowk, all the students are tought santhia and know how to read larivaar, the tradition still carries on at damdami taksal, however for foreign students i think they first learn pad ched and then go onto learning larivaar. . . still has been happening since guru sahib jees times with the first jathedar being baba deep singh jee.

mr khalistan zindabaad it seems with every one of your posts you are proving to be a hypocrite

isnt telling me to grow up, being immature?

i was merely informing someone of what the previous poster was talking about

why make a big deal out of everything

why not just shut up sometimes