Fish

_anon_

I swear I saw an old print of Harmandir Sahib with some people fishing with harpoons in the sarovar.

If its not a joke.. can you pls show us picture if available.. Most likely it was some sewadar on the flat floating board cleaning up the sarovar.. You can see that floating boat with paddle tied near the darshani deori walkway.

Orange fishes and eel type long fishes are ornamental fishes which are being provided by Punjab Department of Fishery (Contract given to them)..

I swear I saw an old print of Harmandir Sahib with some people fishing with harpoons in the sarovar.

If its not a joke.. can you pls show us picture if available.. Most likely it was some sewadar on the flat floating board cleaning up the sarovar.. You can see that floating boat with paddle tied near the darshani deori walkway.

Orange fishes and eel type long fishes are ornamental fishes which are being provided by Punjab Department of Fishery (Contract given to them)..

Actually i looked closer at the picture and you are right. It looks like a paddle not a harpoon. My mistake.

waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee kee fateh!

Couple of days ago, someone asked me why there are fish in the sarovar at Harmandir Sahib.

Were they put there intentionally? If so, what is the purpose of them being there?? grin.gif

Thanks

waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee kee fateh!!!

They come from the river to which the water is drained time to time. Probably hatch from fishh eggs in the water.

All part of the circle of life.

The poop acts as fertiliser for the plants in the water.