Amritdhari Sisters

Should we criticise our sisters if they wish to remove excess facial hair?

I am saying this because there is a bibi at our local Gurdwara who has facial hair and she covers it with a shawl/chunni etc.

I feel sorry for her.

I want her and similar women to be proud of Sikhi not embarrassed and sad.

Should a formal hukkam nama be issued saying it is ok for girls to remove facial hair?

Guru Gobind Singh Ji has given us the leeway to introduce/change things - he created the 5 pyare who can do so. I do not think Guru Ji would want his daughters to be sad.

What do you think?

Or am i being too controversial.

Veera, it doesnt give anyone the "Haak" to criticise phenji in any shape or form. Guru Ji has said in order to be a Gursikh (whether female or male) must keep hair. Once the Guru Sahib has made the decision we cant have any leeway or introduce anything to against his blessed bachans.

Also there is no need to feel sorry for her, feel sorry for people who travel the opposite and dont keep hair.

Fateh!

Should we criticise our sisters if they wish to remove excess facial hair?

I am saying this because there is a bibi at our local Gurdwara who has facial hair and she covers it with a shawl/chunni etc.

I feel sorry for her.

I want her and similar women to be proud of Sikhi not embarrassed and sad.

Should a formal hukkam nama be issued saying it is ok for girls to remove facial hair?

Guru Gobind Singh Ji has given us the leeway to introduce/change things - he created the 5 pyare who can do so. I do not think Guru Ji would want his daughters to be sad.

What do you think?

Or am i being too controversial.

Wow! LOL @ this Double Standard.

If it were okay for amritdhari women to remove their hair, then would it be okay for amritdhari men to do the same? I can't believe how superficial some people are becoming these days. Do whatever you want that you feel comfortable of doing, as long you’re not hurting yourself.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh ...

..... hmmm okay lets go change it then shall we? ... guru gobind singh ji did not say to the panj pyaareh change the rehits... but simply to enforce it!!!

rehits are theyre for us to keep and follow , not to change it when we feel like it

hukam of maahraj .... accept it jio!!! ... this world is all koor all faulseee anyway WAHEGURU JIO

and yeah be PROUD OF YA SIKHI

BE PROUD OF YA DASTAR

BE PROUD THAT YOUR GURU GOBIND SINGH JI AND MATA SAHIB KAUR JIS CHILDREN

and the fact that removing KESH fullstop is being spoken about.. just shows how much klajug there is

DHAN DHAN DHAN GURU PYAAREH DHAN DHAN BHAI TARU SINGH JI - ooo i suggest u look him up... waheguru

AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

bhull chukk maaf

What kind of question is that? Why should anyone EVEN consider such thing? Kes is something that Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaaj has ORDERED (in a sense) us to keep. Whether it's a female or a male that has to cover her/his face up becuase of Kes is something we do as HUMANS, we arent humans in Guru Gobind Singh Jee's eyes, we are SIKH.

iehY mor AwigAw sunhu hy ipAwry ]

ibnw Ssqr kysM idvoN n iddwry ]

"Listen to this command oh beloved, this is the essential pre-requisite to attain my darshan. Without arms and kesh I will not give you darshan."

We have NO right to change Hukum. What get's me most is how you see this bibi and you feel sorry for her? Are you that narrow minded? You should feel proud of HER that she keeps her Kes no matter how long they. Yes she covers her face up, because of the people here in Kaljug will make comments. End of the day ITS JUS KES. It would be a WHOLE other story if we walked around with a extra nose. (Vaheguru).

dhhun jobun ar fulurraa naat(h)eearrae dhin chaar ||

Guru Nanak, Page 23, Line 5

God's court retains an account of all deeds. Only the beauty of the Naam can save a soul.

Guru Nanak, page 109, Line 12

Without the name of God even beautiful and handsome people are as ugly as the hunch-backs.

Kabeer, Vaar 3, Pauree 25

Gurmukh par dhhan roop ni(n)dh n goeeai||

In the company of the gurmukhs neither the wealth and physical beauty of others is seen nor is backbiting committed.

Bhai Gurdaas Ji, Vaar Bhai Gurdaas, page 19

You say that you dont think Guru Gobind Singh Jee would want his daughter's to be sad. HOW exactly are they sad? Vaheguru has done such amount of Kirpa that they listen to what their father says. Guru Gobind Singh Jee is sitting proud when he see's this bibi walking and so what if she cover her facial hair up, atleast she keeps them. We allow Kaljug overcome us when we feel embarrassed about our Religion / Beliefs. It's only those that walk through that embarrasment still standing.

There is NO ONE born and NEVER WILL BE to change the Hukum.

Also, I honestly think you started this thread diliberatly to create people like me to stress.