Is It Okay To Show 1984 Movie In Darbar?

Guest Gupt 84

Guest Gupt 84

Is it beadbi to show a movie about 1984 (such as the one on history channel), i n Darbar, while Parkash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is done?

Guest Gupt Singhni

Of course its wrong. Why are you going to focus everyones attention away from Guru Ji to the 1984 movie. Guru Ji only did kirtan/japped naam/katha in the Darbar and thats all we should do.

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

I personally see nothing wrong with it at all. If the videos are purely for educational purposes, and in this case about the atrocities of 84, then I see no reason for not showing it to the Sangat. You can think of it as Katha in the form of images/clips and explanations about what happened. Katha in the traditional sense would only involve Vichaar about 84. With the video, it’s the same but just a different way of presenting to the Sangat.

If there is a greater concern about the issue, then Sukhasan Seva should be done before showing the video.

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

Guest Papi
Of course its wrong. Why are you going to focus everyones attention away from Guru Ji to the 1984 movie. Guru Ji only did kirtan/japped naam/katha in the Darbar and thats all we should do.

so i showing that animation movie on baba deep singh jee is also wrong eh grin.gif kids rolleyes.gif

you need to look at our history more bibi, guru sahib did a lot more than that with sangat

Guest Guest

how u gona say its wrong?? is having sikhitothemax wrong aswel? seeing as it diverts attension!! if u see Guru Sahib as Guru Gobind Singh jee why would you find showing this video wrong?

Guest baba amarjeet singh
how u gona say its wrong?? is having sikhitothemax wrong aswel? seeing as it diverts attension!! if u see Guru Sahib as Guru Gobind Singh jee why would you find showing this video wrong?

sikhi to the max is simply a humble attempt to help those who cant understand the gurbani to have a slightly better understanding