Leeds Party Hall

harshjeet

Some old uncle come to my house and got my dad to sign a petition to turn back the decision made by the gudwara to stop parties on their grounds. my dad signed it but he doesnt even go to the gurdwara. my dad drinks and allsorts, he even is stopping me taking amrit but with Guru ji's kirpa i will do it oneday. this uncle is obviously backing the petiton and wants parties at the gurdwara. this cant be aloud. the uncle was a mona guy who i never seen at the gurdwara either. they had a good drink, signed the paper and then off he went. i argued with me dad after but he not listenin.

maybe we shud start a petition to keep parties off gurdwara ground.

Some old uncle come to my house and got my dad to sign a petition to turn back the decision made by the gudwara to stop parties on their grounds. my dad signed it but he doesnt even go to the gurdwara. my dad drinks and allsorts, he even is stopping me taking amrit but with Guru ji's kirpa i will do it oneday. this uncle is obviously backing the petiton and wants parties at the gurdwara. this cant be aloud. the uncle was a mona guy who i never seen at the gurdwara either. they had a good drink, signed the paper and then off he went. i argued with me dad after but he not listenin.

maybe we shud start a petition to keep parties off gurdwara ground.

Why dont we ring this Gurdwara up? or get the numbers of the guys doing the petition and ring them and tell them we wont allow manmat.

One of the rumours i have heard coming out of the leeds community is that the singh who was blinded by acid (he was in leeds gurdwara committee and was AGAINST parties at the hall) was attacked becuase of his stance on this issue.

can anybody from leeds confirm whether this is true/whether the police are looking into this issue? as i have said its something i have heard and therefore not fact. but please could somebody clarify? its a sad sad sad situation if some wretch has done/arranged this all because he couldnt have a drink and knees up in a hall belonging to guru nanak dev ji!

ps since wen did petitions override a decision made by the sangat in the hazoori of guru granth sahib ji?

Which Gurdwara is it, Leeds has so many? I know the Singh Sabha one got in trouble recently for this and promised not to do it again. But I would imagine most of them are at it.

• 9 months later...