Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Sahib Jee

Carpe Diem

wahegurooooooooooooooooo Dhan Dhan Sahib Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaaj pray.gif

Aasaa Ghar 7 Mehalaa 5 ||

Aasaa, Seventh House, Fifth Mehla:

Har Kaa Naam Ridhai Nith Dhhiaaee ||

Meditate continually on the Name of the Lord within your heart.

Sa(n)gee Saathhee Sagal Tharaa(n)ee ||1||

Thus you shall save all your companions and associates. ||1||

Gur Maerai Sa(n)g Sadhaa Hai Naalae ||

My Guru is always with me, near at hand.

Simar Simar This Sadhaa Samhaalae ||1|| Rehaao ||

Meditating, meditating in remembrance on Him, I cherish Him forever. ||1||Pause||

Thaeraa Keeaa Meet(h)aa Laagai ||

Your actions seem so sweet to me.

Har Naam Padhaarathh Naanak Maa(n)gai ||2||42||93||

Nanak begs for the treasure of the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||2||42||93||

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru d_oh.gif

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ ॥[/b]

Dhan dhan Shri Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj!

This is daas's very small and humble tribute to Panjvi Patshahi - link.

Plus this link has news coverage of yesterday's Gurpurb from Shri Harimandir Sahib and Shri Tarn Taran Sahib, Amritsar plus Sri Dera Sahib, Lahore.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ ॥

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I came to UK for some time few months back.I was surprised that even though UK has such a big population of sikhs,the Shaheedi Gurpurab of Guru Arjan Dev Ji was not celebrated anywhere in UK on very big scale(from what I am aware of). I was listening to programme from a gurdwara in Canada on sikhnet radio and they are celebrating the Gurpurab from past one week.They had invited various ragis and katha vachaks from india and had programme in mornig and evening fpr one week like it happens at most of the places in India.They even had a nagar keertan.

I think there should have been a large scale progarmme in at least one gurdwara sahib in UK.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I came to UK for some time few months back.I was surprised that even though UK has such a big population of sikhs,the Shaheedi Gurpurab of Guru Arjan Dev Ji was not celebrated anywhere in UK on very big scale(from what I am aware of). I was listening to programme from a gurdwara in Canada on sikhnet radio and they are celebrating the Gurpurab from past one week.They had invited various ragis and katha vachaks from india and had programme in mornig and evening fpr one week like it happens at most of the places in India.They even had a nagar keertan.

I think there should have been a large scale progarmme in at least one gurdwara sahib in UK.

I do agree with u. I was even shocked when i checked last night and there was no thread open in commemoration of this occasion.