Panjab Has It's First Lesbian Marriage

let me know what you guys think of it:

http://www.punjabnewsline.com/content/view/4606/38/

Can our sikh leaders plz wake up and take time to condemn and fight the evils creeping into the sikh comunity. Here's a new low that we have just touched. A matter of shame for all of us.

http://www.punjabnewsline.com/content/view/4606/38/

Punjab has its first Sikh lesbian marriage

Punjab Newsline Network

Tuesday, 19 June 2007

AMRITSAR: Two Sikh girls of a border town of Punjab have repeated the history of two lesbian girls Raju and Mala of Amritsar, infamous for soleminising Punjab's first lesbian marriage.

Baljit Kaur and Rajwinder Kaur of Batala town of Gurdaspur distirct have however became first Sikh girls of Punjab to eprform the lesbian marraige.

They on Tuesday came to Golden Temple here to seek blessings. They had no regrets and no worry of the social stigma on they will carry for rest of their life. " we do not care. We love each other and will die for each other'', they told media.

The Raju-Mala marriage had broken after few months when Mala fell in love with a boy few months after their marriage.

Baljit and Rajwinder are running for shelter since families of both of them are aafter their blood.They belonged to Jat Sikh families where honour killings are common. Interestingly, the female sex ratio in Punjab is falling over the years due to foeticide and lesbian marriage has stirred anew controversy. Akal Takht Jathedar Giani Joginder Singh Vedanti has condemned lesbian marriages in Sikh religion.

Baljit appeard before meida dressed as boy with black goggles and Rajwinder, wearing salwar-kameez and `churrah' (wedding bangles) rubbed shoulders with her sould mate.

They were frank to tell that both of them do not like boys. ``Boys are cheaters and we girls trust each other''. They said that they had see anought of male dominated world and now want to live their own life.

Baljit, 21, and Rajwinder, 20, are educated till 10+2 had eloped from home two week ago. ``We stayed at a friend's house at Morinda and then went to Katra in Jammu and Kashmir and Vaishno Devi where, after paying obeisance, we married with help of an Army officer Kuldeep Raj'', Baljit explained.

``We have demanded security as our family members have threatened to kill us'', said Baljit. She said that it was second time that she had fallen in love with a girl. The first love remained unsuccessful, she added. She said that they would soon approach court for security.

Baljit said Rajwinder met at job placement office where later had come to search for the job. ``We are distant relatives also. When I saw her first I felt like touching her'', said Baljit.

When reminded of Akal Takht `Hukamnama' (edict) denouncing the single sex marriages, they said they do not care and just want the religious leaders and society to let them live together and live their life. ``We have visited Golden Temple and prayed to God for our well-being and successful marriage. They would like to adopt a child, if law permitted, they added.

• 2 weeks later...

Same-sex couple splits

One attempts suicide

Tribune News Service

Batala, July 5

The love story of the same-sex couple, who got married against the wishes of their parents, today took a sad turn when one of them attempted suicide at the Sadar police station here.

The couple, Baljit Kaur (21) of Hassanpur Kalan and Rajwinder Kaur (20) of Hassanpur Khurd, were brought to the police station by panchayat members of their respective villages after Rajwinder allegedly refused to stay with Baljit. Both girls were to be produced before the sub-divisional magistrate (SDM), Batala, Sandeep Rishi to record their statements.

Baljit slit the veins of her left hand at the police station while Rajwinder recorded her statement before the police. The former was taken to the local civil hospital where after a medical examination, she was arrested under Sections 309, 511 and 506 of the IPC for attempting suicide.

Rajwinder told the SDM that Baljit married her with the promise that she would send her abroad. She alleged that Baljit was having similar relations with certain girls and was forcing her into their company.

Later, talking to mediapersons, Rajwinder alleged that Baljit was a drug addict and was having relations with certain boys. She did not give up her habits even after my repeated requests. She said Baljit cheated her by not keeping her matrimonial promise to send her abroad and now she did not want to live with her any more.

Parents of Rajwinder had brought her back with them following which Baljit complained to the police. Baljit claims to be the "husband" of Rajwinder. She said they got married at the Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu and Kashmir on June 15.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2007/20070706/punjab1.htm#14

Baljit said Rajwinder met at job placement office where later had come to search for the job. ``We are distant relatives also. When I saw her first I felt like touching her'', said Baljit.

thats just plain sick man

but.........thats the age of kalyug where cousins of the same sex find this sort of thing okay..............makes u question the bond of sisters man

hai hai, wat people do to go abroad man :umm:

LOL.gifLOL.gif hehehehe im so sorry but i found that hiralious

isnt it ironic that one of the "bibi" went back to her parents, the same ones that were trying to "honour" kill her (at least that wot i thought it read") rolleyes.gif