Biggest University In The World

extremist

QUOTE(manmit chera @ Jul 9 2007, 05:59 AM)

why is it called muslim sikh?

y not pakistani sikh?

Is for for the betterment of Society did Guru Nanak not have Mardana as a friend?

as i said earlier... please let us know when you have set up the hindu-sikh federation. As many of guru jis friends were also hindu's and they are also part of society so im sure you want there betterment as well... grin.gif

The point is not about which is worse pakistan vs india, the point is that there is a DESPERATE need in punjab for things such as good universities and employment opportunities. The question i am asking is, when you have dodgy sounding organisations like this, why do they spend so much time and effort and money on building sikh universities in pakistan but NOT in punjab.

What use is there in building a university in pakistan to teach sikhi? for students to study there will mean people have to leave their home countries to live and study in pakistan. this will mean that it is the local community that will benefit from the spending of the students (IF any bother going all the way to pakistan!!) lets be realistic, how many sikhs will go to live in pakistan to study? even if u had the sikh uni in punjab it would be difficult to get students!!! never mind in pakistan!!

ill be honest and to the point, i believe this is a propoganda stunt and has no substance behind it by the so called 'muslim-sikh federation'. nobody as yet has denied any of the accusations dancing warrior has made about this group (one man band) about its links with terrorist islamic organisations. all this is doing is giving creadability to the indian governments claims that all sikhs movements are run by pakistani officials!! the indians think we are puppets of pakistan. ... it looks like this organisation is the main puppet of all!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suppose the reason why it is being called the biggest university is that it is being established on 2500 acres of land in Nankana Sahib. (I don’t think the figure 2500 acres is confirmed yet. It is what the various Sikh organizations including, the SGPC, the DGMC and the American Gurdwara Council and a few others have requested the Pakistan Government to set aside). So, perhaps some people may be wondering the reason for request for such a large chunk of land. Well, the land is already in the name of Guru Nanak.

In sixteenth century (1500s) Rai Bullar Bhatti, a Muslim and one of the biggest feudal lords of the time donated about 25000 acres of land to Guru Nanak in his native village Talwandi (now called Nankana Sahib). Rai Bullaar was the employer of Guru Nanak’s father. Rai Bullaar was one of the first people who recognized that Guru Nanak was very special. Some say that Rai Bullaar, though Muslim was the first Sikh of Guru Nanak .

Guru Nanak never took possession of that land. Even when Guru Nanak started to farm himself, he bought some land on his own in Kartar Pur. Since Guru Nanak did not take possession of the land, the Bhatti clan continued to farm there but the land remained in the name of Guru Nanak. Since then a few thousand acres of the land was deeded out in other names for various purposes in the town. However about 17000 (seventeen thousand) acres of land still remains in name to Guru Nanak. This land has been farmed by the Bhatti clan right from the start. The Nanakana Sahib Bhattis have always regarded Guru Nanak as the Pir whose blessing will always be with them. As the land was in the name of Guru Nanak, after the partition it came under the jurisdiction of Waqif Board of Pakistan ( Waqif board that looks after the gurdwaras and mandirs situated in Pakistan territory that were abandoned after the partition). The land has always been under the control of Bhatti clan and they have been farming it in the name of Guru Nanak. Bhatti clan,fearing that the Waqif Board may take that land away from them and use it for some other purpose filed a case in the court that land title be transferred to them as the always had the possession of the land. The lower court decided that the land can not be transferred to the Bhatti clan nor it can be sold by Bhattis, but the Bhattis can keep the possession of the land. However, still not convinced that the Waqif Board would let the land remain in possession of Bhattis, they appealed to the Pakistan Supreme Court. Upon receiving the appeal, the judges of the Supreme Court realized that they have a very unusual situation on their hands.

So the judges of the Supreme Court called the leaders of the clan to meet them in private chambers of the court before they give their final decision. ((( It is worth noting what the judges told the leaders of the Bhatti clan))) . The judges told them that the clan should withdraw their appeal because the court feels that the decision they are going to come down with will be much more restrictive and may also cite them for showing disrespect to their ancestors and that it was beyond the jurisdiction of any court on the earth to approve the transfer of land that is in the name of someone who has touched the stars and beyond that no man but only someone special sent by Allah can do.

The Bhattis withdrew the appeal and told the judges that they will continue to respect the decision taken by their ancestor Rai Bullar Bhatti, and would continue to farm the land in the name of Baba Nanak. This was in early 1990s. Since then, the Bhattis have built a college in the name of Baba Nanak. They have also helped financially in maintaining Gurdwaras in Nankana Sahib.

The 2500 acres of land for the university is part of 17000 acres that continues to be in the name of Guru Nanak.

Well said, bro.

Sadly though, I see a lot of Sikhs falling into the trap of anti-Sikh propaganda. Sad part is when a Sikh stands up for his/her religion, he/she would be labeled as an extremist by Indians and by other Sikhs who are always kissing Hindustani and Pakistani A-S-S and too busy watching bollywood films that are constantly making fun of Sikhs. This is why Sikhs need to unite and take down these anti-sikh groups by any means necessary. We don’t need gurudwara committees helping out for this cause since they don’t give damn about anything unless they can make money off it.

:wub:

what sikh universities are missing in Punjab?

Everyone you talk to says they graduated from Khalsa College. I think there is a Khalsa college in almost every major Punjabi city.

having a sikh university in "west" punjab is in a way, a good thing because, i'm sure slowly over time, the fact that sikhs ever lived in that region may start to diminish. Sikhi started in that region. We should leave our mark there for centuries to come.

Just as we open khalsa and sikh schools in Vancouver, etc, there is nothing wrong in having a school on the land where Guru Sahib lived. Governments have drawn an imaginary line dividing Punjab, but in essence the Punjab is incomplete without "west" punjab.

Nothing wrong with leaving landmarks ... after all thats all thats going to be left of us if we carry on the way we are, just mentioned briefly in the history books and various landmarks.

The khalsa schools/colleges in canada and the UK are created to benefit and serve the Sikh Community (while other communities also may benefit, the MAIN target group are the sikhs). I am asking who will this university benefit? The obvious answer would be NOT THE SIKHS.

There is nothing wrong in building it, but im asking would our efforts be more fruitful elsewhere?

people may study at khalsa college etc in punjab, but are these universities internationally recognised as this new one intends to be? call me region-alist, but i would rather see efforts made by sikhs to benefit their own people first (especially if they scream khalistan day and night and then when it come to it they help out the pakistanis first!).

i duno, maybe im the only one confused by this, i just cant imagine muslim pakistanis ever wanting to learn about 'creation via gurbani' or the 'evolution of sikh law'. i duno call me pessimistic, but i just dont see it happening.

i guess it does help out the locals and the people of that country (pakistan) so at least we can say that we help others.

prem - i cant rememeber which thread it was but dancing warrior made a number of statements regarding this group and its terror links. i dont beleive any of them were challenged? it was the first i heard of this little group and the allegations seem quite damning, but obviously i cant say if they are true or not, i have no information to base my decision on. its somewhere in the politics section though.

Guest Dancing Warrior

Youth like Malignant Sin and SaRpOngebob are being brainwashed by political personalities who have been key players for major hate campaigns. These young men are being manipulated to do the dirty work while the key personalities work in the shadows. These innocent youths are being brainwashed by the likes of Manmohan Singh Bajaj / Khalsa of Dal Khalsa and brains of World Muslim Sikh Federation they are supported by Samiullah Mallik, a known ISI agent in UK and Usman Khalid, a UK based retired ISI officer. They are receiving the full co-operation of Khalid Ranjha, Minister of Law in Punjab (Pakistan). Manmohan Singh Bajaj is a frequent visitor to Pakistan and very close to Pak ISI and PSGPC officials. Also personalities like Amarjit Singh Gulshan who had a short stint on Vecton T.V doing Katha! The self proclaimed Gianii who invented the sitting down Ardas!! A corrupt individual morally and financially.

Extract by Dancing Warrior (much hated) tongue.gif

Youth like Malignant Sin and SaRpOngebob are being brainwashed by political personalities who have been key players for major hate campaigns. These young men are being manipulated to do the dirty work while the key personalities work in the shadows. These innocent youths are being brainwashed by the likes of Manmohan Singh Bajaj / Khalsa of Dal Khalsa and brains of World Muslim Sikh Federation they are supported by Samiullah Mallik, a known ISI agent in UK and Usman Khalid, a UK based retired ISI officer. They are receiving the full co-operation of Khalid Ranjha, Minister of Law in Punjab (Pakistan). Manmohan Singh Bajaj is a frequent visitor to Pakistan and very close to Pak ISI and PSGPC officials. Also personalities like Amarjit Singh Gulshan who had a short stint on Vecton T.V doing Katha! The self proclaimed Gianii who invented the sitting down Ardas!! A corrupt individual morally and financially.

Extract by Dancing Warrior (much hated) tongue.gif

you watch you dirty nang just cross any of my boys and you will see who is who

Guest Dancing Warrior

The Pakistani ISI support, fund and train many international Islamic terrorist organisations including the Taliban and Al-Qaeda. :nihungsmile:

Does anybody know who is on the RAW pay role?

The RAW and the Ministry of External Affairs are provided Rs 25 crore annually as "discretionary grants" for foreign influence operations. These funds have supported organisations fighting Sikh and Kashmiri separatists in the UK, Canada and the US. An extensive network of Indian operatives is controlled by the Indian Embassy in Washington DC. The Indian embassy's covert activities are reported to include the infitration of US long distance telephone carriers by Indian operatives, with access to all kinds of information, to r blackmail relatives of US residents living in India. In 1996 an Indian diplomat was implicated in a scandal over illegal funding of political candidates in the US. Under US law foreign nationals are prohibited from contributing to federal elections. The US District Court in Baltimore sentenced Lalit H Gadhia, a naturalised US citizen of Indian origin, to three months imprisonment. Gadhia had confessed that he worked as a conduit between the Indian Embassy and various Indian-American organisations for funnelling campaign contributions to influence US lawmakers. Over $46,000 from the Indian Embassy was distributed among 20 Congressional candidates. The source of the cash used by Gadhia was Devendra Singh, a RAW official assigned to the Indian Embassy in Washington. Illicit campaign money received in 1995 went to Democratic candidates including Sens. Charles S. Robb (D-Va.), Paul S. Sarbanes (D -Md.) and Reps. Benjamin L. Cardin (D-Md.) and Steny H. Hoyer (D-Md.).

http://www.globalsecurity.org/intell/world/india/raw.htm